The Fast Food Thread

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My guy, their crinkle cut fries are the shit.
When they come out good, but 50% of the time the ones near me fuck it up and they are like soggy or otherwise almost unsalted. Rural town can't hire good help I guess.

Wife and I usually will order just the ice cream and fries.

Still love Charlie's chicken though I like ours I think is better than the corporate owned ones in tulsa. Pretty good Cajun place in Claremore, Gibby C's, Dutch pantry, ands a local dinner about the only places we eat anymore.

Havnt been able to find good consistent Chinese anywhere

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I went to Jimmy johns today for the first time in like a decade and was pleasantly surprised they came up with new, non boring sandwiches.

Cajun kickin chicken was really good. Good flavor and crunch, I couldn't tell what it was but I think it was breading on the chicken (it was minced)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Da fuck? I guess if there’s singles when we go shopping tonight, I’ll get one and report back, but…eugh.
IMG_7771.jpeg

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They literally explain the rework in the article. It'll be dynamic prices with discounts for people during off hours, just like happy hour!
And they will absolutely not up the "normal" price before, no sir!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got one of these for free and actually really enjoyed it. It kinda reminded me of a Dr Pepper. Just Coke with a rasperberry flavor mixed in. Would definitely buy one now.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I got one of these for free and actually really enjoyed it. It kinda reminded me of a Dr Pepper. Just Coke with a rasperberry flavor mixed in. Would definitely buy one now.

Sounded good and I'll still try it, but if it tastes anything like Dr Pepper, blegh!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I had one this morning and it's not bad at all. I'm surprised that they focused on the "spice" aspect when the most noticeable flavor is raspberry. There is sort of a Dr. Pepperish aftertaste to it though which I imagine is the "spice". If I was still drinking soda on a regular basis I would probably mix it in for a while.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The more I think about it, the dumber these Wendy's flexible prices shit are. So they're supposed to rely on their physical digital signs? So the idea is when business is low you entice people with lower prices, but the only way they know is if they're already in line to buy something? Maybe their app will shoot out a notification or something, but it just seems very half baked. Even for something supposedly in favor of the customer it seems dumb.

Just make a variety of matchable smaller things (Rallys/Jack in The Box/Burger King) for a VERY low price or make meals worth the $10 they cost. Add in a fucking cookie or brownie for your value meals at same price. I'd never go for it, but a lot of people would. The name of the fast food game is value and so many places are just giving us the same shit from 20 years ago at twice the price. Yeah inflation is a bitch, but it's just hard for people to wrap their brains around. This is one of those times they need to increase business volume rather than profit margin on individual items. They're not a fucking luxury.

Oog

Potato del Grande
You're a giant faggot, so I guess I didn't know you cared so much.

There are a lot of rational arguments to be made about people spazzing out, or caring more about being outraged then the thing that is supposedly outrageous. But trying to be edge lord cool by pretending DEI and political power isn't something worth caring about is pretty lame.

It's funny watching people pretend they shouldn't care about these things until one day they're forced to. May as well claim it's only on the Internet.

Meanwhile, people with their heads in the sand are shocked and confused when LGBTQ2IA+P is in their schools and libraries and their kids are being exposed without parents being notified or consenting.

Want to know what the response was by library management to a lack of turnout for a gay storytime locally? That some communities need pressured to do the right thing. And the right thing is now your kid being taught queerness at the public library and if parents aren't attending they're wrong and it needs to pushed on them and advertised in a way that gets more kids involved.

But it's gay to care, says the giant faggot that doesn't want to know what's actually going on.

Chick-fil-A is opening locally in a few years, and fuck them. Not because I think they're actual DEI kid groomers, but because they're so ignorant they think they can adopt DEI but call it Christian values and make everyone happy. It's bad business and doesn't make me trust them more to just make good chicken and stay out of the sociopolitical bullshit.
What do you think Christian values are? You realize that the United Methodist church its literally splitting over the inclusion of gay clergy right? Which implies that DEI is baked into modern-day churchgoing politics. Your choice of side to be on doesn't make DEI irrelevant to Christians.

• 1Moron
  • 1Midwit
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
What do you think Christian values are? You realize that the United Methodist church its literally splitting over the inclusion of gay clergy right? Which implies that DEI is baked into modern-day churchgoing politics. Your choice of side to be on doesn't make DEI irrelevant to Christians.

Edit: my bad for replying to a groomer. Just ignore and eat less chicken.

Huh? Probably not the proper thread, but when very traditional and longstanding values are being warped by modern day politics to pretend that's what they meant all along, then that's the thing I'm going to call out as bullshit. Especially if it's a corporate or political entity.

There are also political divides over whether the Constitution provides rights of the government or protects rights of the people, but when some modern political movement tries to reinterpret anthing to pretend it meant the modern day equivalent all along and that's why you need to trust them, then I'm going to be dubious.

Hilary Clinton said in an interview the lesson of 1984 was people need to better trust the government.... Uhh nah, I've read the book, that's a retarded and politically motivated reinterpretation.

BLM on their own website said one of their goals was to dismantle the nuclear family and supported terror attacks.... So, I'm not going to go along with it just because modern day politics has corporations and politicians preaching nonsense about how white lives can't matter until we all kneel to BLM.

Chick-fil-A wants to kowtow to DEI and BLM and tell me it's actually Christian values because they either don't understand what drives those modern political movements or thinks I don't understand? Nope!

And I'm not even Christian, I just don't trust liars and cucks.

But but but things change! Yeah, sure, call it whatever you want, but I'm going to not trust a business especially that wants me to buy their chicken under the guise somehow being racist is actually good Christian values.

And yeah I'm going to call bullshit on any religious modern movement that says that thing they declared a sin for thousands of years is now suddenly super good because of modern day politics.

Last edited: