The Fast Food Thread

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Went to local McDonalds which has been going downhill over past ten years. Last too many times the burgers have been shriveled and hard.

So this time I went inside and asked for fresh, that I would wait. As former fast food manager, special orders like this through the drive-thru are assholes. That's the express lane. Come in for extra shit.

Anyway, they laughed! The cooks laughed. The manager laughed. They said, "That's what I said"
Then manager said to me, "We always serve fresh"

I got heated quick.

And their shake machine was done.

And there was a tranny mexican with high-pitched poor english begging every guest there.

WTF

Ate my food, which was warmer than usual and tastier for it, and drank my large frappe, which still is my favorite frappe, then drove to the other McDonalds across town which had shake machine up.

Except, recipe off? It was so sickenly sweet that it tasted like Burger King. So sweet that my child didn't want it, so I ended up having both.
Yeah-- kind of amazes me.

18 McDonalds near me. Two serve everything fresh and the food is actually good. Two are shooting galleries and you can (and they have) found dead people in the bathrooms. Beats me why these 2 stay open.They are crimes scenes not restaurants. The others I would only eat at if there are no other options. They are (all the rest) "meh" at best. I don't know why McDonalds does not give two shits about their franchises. 88% of your restaurants being below standard is pretty bad.

But Wendys is WORSE.

Popeyes (of which they are 3 by me) is like a free for all. No chance you are getting what you ordered or the way you ordered it. Just random-- similar can be said for their quality and temperature. When it's good, it is good. But you take you chances with your money, food and life going to any of them.

Oog

Potato del Grande
Huh? Probably not the proper thread, but when very traditional and longstanding values are being warped by modern day politics to pretend that's what they meant all along, then that's the thing I'm going to call out as bullshit. Especially if it's a corporate or political entity.

There are also political divides over whether the Constitution provides rights of the government or protects rights of the people, but when some modern political movement tries to reinterpret anthing to pretend it meant the modern day equivalent all along and that's why you need to trust them, then I'm going to be dubious.

Hilary Clinton said in an interview the lesson of 1984 was people need to better trust the government.... Uhh nah, I've read the book, that's a retarded and politically motivated reinterpretation.

BLM on their own website said one of their goals was to dismantle the nuclear family and supported terror attacks.... So, I'm not going to go along with it just because modern day politics has corporations and politicians preaching nonsense about how white lives can't matter until we all kneel to BLM.

Chick-fil-A wants to kowtow to DEI and BLM and tell me it's actually Christian values because they either don't understand what drives those modern political movements or thinks I don't understand? Nope!

And I'm not even Christian, I just don't trust liars and cucks.

But but but things change! Yeah, sure, call it whatever you want, but I'm going to not trust a business especially that wants me to buy their chicken under the guise somehow being racist is actually good Christian values.

And yeah I'm going to call bullshit on any religious modern movement that says that thing they declared a sin for thousands of years is now suddenly super good because of modern day politics.
You're right that this isn't the right place, or thread. Unfortunately the inmates are running the asylum for where it is appropriate.

I'll say my piece, leave it to your response, and leave it be:
Regardless of your feelings on the political side of things, corporations will ALWAYS kowtow to whatever social and political movements are relevant to the majority, because that's how marketing works. That's how its always worked. You win dollars by winning eyeballs and likes.

People were cutting tags off their Carharrt clothing and filming themselves doing it because Carhartt PR made some pro-vaccine statements. Those same people have forgotten and are back to buying it again. Both the public and the corps are engaged in this retarded war of spectacle. You can either add fuel to the fire or walk away from it. Mad Men isn't a drama; its a documentary of our economic system and how it fucks us. I could go on to make some sweeping generalization about how this is a product of capitalism, or how social media has turned everyone into a bunch of mindless, droning, ADHD, socially stunted morons, and THATS at the core of our social problems, but I won't.

You're right to call out bullshit, and I agree that what CFA is doing is bullshit. But that isn't going to change, no matter how much we would like for it to. Its just the world we live in now, an edifice firmly cemented in place by our economic interests that trump everything else.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Tried that spiced coke, honestly not impressed. Wasn't horrible, but also wasn't worth the bother imo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
But that isn't going to change, no matter how much we would like for it to. Its just the world we live in now, an edifice firmly cemented in place by our economic interests that trump everything else.

Eat you shit burgers everyone, it's just the world we live in and there is no point changing your personal behavior for your own benefit!

Fuck you, cuck.

Nothing is gonna change, it's just the world we live in now... Is the kind of shit groomers say with their hands in their pants while pretending they aren't secretly happy about perversion warping the foundations of society.

And I never preached that anyone else should do anything.... I very boringly explained why I refuse to go to Chick-fil-A, knowing it's about my behavior and not thinking I'm so special I can change the world like some deluded liberal cunt.

And occasionally why I think people are cucks and cowards and why it annoys me because it means things I used to like aren't as good anymore. And yes, with less cucks and cowards we'd all have better, more affordable chicken.

• 2Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Oog

Potato del Grande
There's no need to be angry and make personal attacks, it's a civil discussion.

I think you made a good point about the proliferation of bullshit.

• 1NPC

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Tried that spiced coke, honestly not impressed. Wasn't horrible, but also wasn't worth the bother imo.

I haven't been impressed by most of the special flavors they come up with (or the industry in general). Always too sweet and fake tasting, especially the orange and vanilla shit. If you don't drink any soda for a while and try any flavored Coke and it's gaggy sweet and hard to drink and doesn't taste edible. Guess it's the trend where they have to keep upping the sugar of everything, but it's getting too much and flavors are starting to rely on being heavy consumers or something.

I think that's partly why fast food is falling off. Relies on people being frequent users. If you don't eat most places for like 6 months it doesn't taste edible until you get into the habit and retrain your taste buds. It's weird and gross.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
You're right that this isn't the right place, or thread. Unfortunately the inmates are running the asylum for where it is appropriate.
If you can't handle having political discussions in the proper place, you will lose your posting privileges here. Keep political posts to the pol section.
That's not a suggestion.

• 2Like
  • 2Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I haven't been impressed by most of the special flavors they come up with (or the industry in general). Always too sweet and fake tasting, especially the orange and vanilla shit. If you don't drink any soda for a while and try any flavored Coke and it's gaggy sweet and hard to drink and doesn't taste edible. Guess it's the trend where they have to keep upping the sugar of everything, but it's getting too much and flavors are starting to rely on being heavy consumers or something.

I think that's partly why fast food is falling off. Relies on people being frequent users. If you don't eat most places for like 6 months it doesn't taste edible until you get into the habit and retrain your taste buds. It's weird and gross.
I don't drink coke/pepsi in general, but I will try the special flavors sometimes to see if they are any good. Usually not, but you never know. Mtn Dew otoh, still cranks out good specials regularly. Might just be that I like citrus over cola, though. I got a 12 pack of the spiced coke zero in the fridge. Will give it a go.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I don't drink coke/pepsi in general, but I will try the special flavors sometimes to see if they are any good. Usually not, but you never know. Mtn Dew otoh, still cranks out good specials regularly. Might just be that I like citrus over cola, though. I got a 12 pack of the spiced coke zero in the fridge. Will give it a go.

I'm assuming you like the citrus cherry Mt dew. It's one of their better flavors. Still sweet but the citrus bite helps balance it. And all the red dye gets you pumped for boom head shots or explaining things loudly to idiot drivers while in the car. Seriously the shit makes me jittery and slightly more anger prone, but it hits the spot.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm assuming you like the citrus cherry Mt dew. It's one of their better flavors. Still sweet but the citrus bite helps balance it. And all the red dye gets you pumped for boom head shots or explaining things loudly to idiot drivers while in the car. Seriously the shit makes me jittery and slightly more anger prone, but it hits the spot.
Code red? I loved that shit, for sure. But haven't had any since I got my blood sugar under control.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Code red? I loved that shit, for sure. But haven't had any since I got my blood sugar under control.

1709509808958.png

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I also never really drink soda, but I would start again if I think I saw those and could get one ice cold approaching slush.

My personal hell, is when I first moved to this fiery hellhole, I was sustained my first year by the most divine strong tart and sweet cherry limeade. But now, the next summer, I couldn't find it again. Like over the winter I straight up forget where I was getting it from. Early Alzheimers. Can't recall if it was like a fountain icy (not frosty) at quick trip. A soda fountain somewhere. Or just a certain energy drink flavor since several have that out here. I want to say I remember drinking copius insulated thermo's of it, so it's like from some long lost gas station I forget I don't visit anymore. Or they stopped carrying it.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I also never really drink soda, but I would start again if I think I saw those and could get one ice cold approaching slush.

My personal hell, is when I first moved to this fiery hellhole, I was sustained my first year by the most divine strong tart and sweet cherry limeade. But now, the next summer, I couldn't find it again. Like over the winter I straight up forget where I was getting it from. Early Alzheimers. Can't recall if it was like a fountain icy (not frosty) at quick trip. A soda fountain somewhere. Or just a certain energy drink flavor since several have that out here. I want to say I remember drinking copius insulated thermo's of it, so it's like from some long lost gas station I forget I don't visit anymore. Or they stopped carrying it.

Isn't it at Quick Trip in Tulsa? I could swear that every time I went to Tulsa they had Cherry Limeaid as an option there. It was only at Sonic around OKC.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Isn't it at Quick Trip in Tulsa? I could swear that every time I went to Tulsa they had Cherry Limeaid as an option there. It was only at Sonic around OKC.
They do but what I'm saying is there was one that was perfect very bold strong acid bite but still plenty sweet. I actually am starting to think it was a drink mix from Kroger which we don't have

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
How did that troll get in the fast food thread? You know the worst thing about FOH now? 20 years ago you just knew this guy was just a troll.
Now you can't tell if they believe in all these fake, not happening in real life "facts".
SMDH.

• 1Seriously?