The Fighting Game Community Thread

gauze

Molten Core Raider
What fighting game do I play with my girls 6/11 these days? Xbx / PS4/5. I don't think they'll want the bikini incel fighting games so much. Thoughts?
Skullgirls? That the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about a more traditional fighting game with a tag system. It's got a kinda CN's Cartoons Cartoon aesthetic. Other than that, rest is prob around the tiers of weeb, bikinis, and gore.

Then there are things like Gangbeast, multiversus, nickelodeon fighters, and brawhala which are more platform/arena fighters.

If weeb is okay; opens a few options..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Ceo is this weekend. On now.
Schedule:
CEO2023_ScheduleHIRES.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Skullgirls? That the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about a more traditional fighting game with a tag system. It's got a kinda CN's Cartoons Cartoon aesthetic. Other than that, rest is prob around the tiers of weeb, bikinis, and gore.

Then there are things like Gangbeast, multiversus, nickelodeon fighters, and brawhala which are more platform/arena fighters.

If weeb is okay; opens a few options..
2023 wearing masks. What the fuck people.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Some are, some aren't. Doesn't seem to be required at this event anyway. CLownworld has its hooks in people.
Gaming cons and Magic tournaments were always a fantastic place to get sick as fuck. Con Flu has been a running joke forever. Hardly call it clownworld, it's just more socially acceptable for people to do what they probably wanted to do but couldn't in years prior.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats the thing misty, and its been like this since dawn of man, you get sick and you get stronger because of it. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

I have a friend which is a germ freak, this bitch would have chlorox wipes dispenser on her belt. Washed her hands after touching anything. And guess what, they were the sickest fucking family I ever saw. Constantly sick. We used to laugh about this all the fucking time.

You have to expose yourself to shit to make your body stronger. If you put yourself in a sanitary bubble, youre only making yourself sicker because you cant live in that bubble 24/7.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Gaming cons and Magic tournaments were always a fantastic place to get sick as fuck. Con Flu has been a running joke forever. Hardly call it clownworld, it's just more socially acceptable for people to do what they probably wanted to do but couldn't in years prior.

It's definitely clown world

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Been watching Spooky for most of the tourney. Juri seems pretty busted good. Justin out to Phenom before top 8. :( He fucked up a combo sadly. But not bad for a Cammy he just started playing recently.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Juri is not busted, but simply has the most varied and complete moveset in the game. The newer characters are all flops in comparison because they tend to have massive holes in their movesets, mostly in normal attacks in certain ways (Greek OomFuFu bitch not having decent lows stands out). I am actually kind of surprised Chun-Li is not seeing more play, but then again even in the casual bracket I hang in you get a better deal on the same thing with Juri or Cammy, so makes sense.

As a casual, I think the Modern controls are going to ruin this game. Most casuals will never improve past a certain point due to not having to learn execution and for those of us slogging it out in casual, seeing Modern Balerina Bitch or Modern Gief is fucking annoying to say the least. The big thing is people to not learn the normals or real combos with Modern Controls, as well as some character actually being worse due to the contextualized normal move selection in use on them (Cammy and Dhalsim are garbage with Modern).

World Tour story mode was fun up until the end, at which point its just a giant grind. Making a super tall Chun/Cammy/Juri style user was hillarious tho. Same Gigantor character using Ryu style made me feel like I was playing Sagat again as well.

Needless

Toe Sucker
stopped reading when you said juri isnt busted. LMAO
you dont know how fighting games work if you think shes balanced

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was sad to not see any Hondas in top 24. The biggest Honda players were absent though. Blanka winning it all is hilarious. I think Blanka wins vs Juri but Menard is a beast so it could just be him.

Evo gonna be lit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's a combination of mena being absurdly good; he won capcom cup with a lower tier character when he won with birdie so that kind of proves that point. I don't think anybody really knew the blanka matchup either though, most people were complaining about his air ball, which is very good but its pretty obvious when its going to be used... surprise! he can only do it while jumping back, so expect it when he jumps back.

Mena also abused luke in a lot of his matches, who is a top 3 character as well so it's hard to say how much of it was blanka (who is a very good character but no where near as good as juri or luke even imo).

Also keep in mind both Juri and Luke were in the beta(s) and have been cracked/played for months now by a lot of people, while blanka hasn't been so people were much less familiar with the matchup in general.

Either way im stoked for evo this year, cant wait to go 0-2 kek

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Evo broke a record high of 5000 entrants on a game for SF6 this year jesus christ thats gonna be a shitshow lol

bolok

Trakanon Raider
There was over 1k at ceo. And pools took a day and a half. Eesh. 5k is gonna be a fucksjow for sure.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Haitani rocking modern chun li. Will be interesting to see how the modern input people shake out.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Bro I just watched a blind guy take a game off a dude

What the fuck is even happening lol

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users