The Final Fantasy Mega Thread - Now playing FFXV

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I think that the fight will not take 30hours at once, but maybe in stages(we do know Hunts are back, so maybe that damn turtle is a staged fight)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They still haven't patched that shit? It was an issue right away thought they'd patch it after the weekend, now it's been like a week or something. Seems kinda lazy.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I tried World of Final Fantasy demo. I don't mind the monster and large character art so much but the chibi stuff looks awful. The animals standing on your head was also fucking retarded. The encounter rate seemed high too, I could see myself getting annoyed by that pretty quickly. The cutscenes looked cool and seeing old characters is always fun, but I think I'll pass sadly.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
That's awful, but I'm still gonna play the English Dub because I absolutely cannot stand Japanese voice acting.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm getting really excited about this the closer we get to release.

The hype is affecting me, I think I'm gonna have to re-watch Kingsglaive and the 5 anime episodes to get me back into the story and ready for the game. :)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can't really say it was hype, but against my better judgement I preordered XV. Word of mouth from people who watched streams is pretty bad (although I take anything someone who cares so little about spoiling the game says with a huge grain of salt), and Kingsglaive bored me to death. I like the combat system a lot more after seeing that it can be switched to wait mode that will play out pretty much like XII. If only there were gambits it'd be perfect.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reviews are embargoed until the 28th, despite many South American and Asian countries breaking street date.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
So I bit the bullet and picked up a PS4Pro in anticipation of this game. I haven't played shit on consoles in a long time so I'm out of the loop.

Would you guys suggest buying the disc or getting it digital? Seems like digital would be better for loading times and avoiding wear and tear on the optical drive, any downsides to this besides taking up more storage space?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
get which ever can have you playing the game the fastest. Games get installed to the drive regardless.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

I always buy physical. Almost all games these days are fully installed, so the disc is usually just a copy protection scheme once the data is copied. I like only paying $48 from Amazon, and PSN is so fucking slow compared to Steam that downloading a 50GB game from it is unbearable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Amazon has a bunch more pre-order bonuses than anyone else for XV too, if you care about that. I got my code for the Road Trip site this afternoon and the game is supposed to be shipping soon for Tues. delivery.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ugh, Road Trip is something extra you have to sign up for? Also, am I going to have to make a PSN account to enter in all of these DLC codes? I assume I don't need a subscription for that?