The Forever Winter

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yea basically you just scavenge. I'm not sure how compelling that is in the long term though.
Yeah that's kind of my thought is what is exactly is the gameplay loop? You just run around and harvest and stuff Non-Stop and upgrade your base? Are there quests or and overarching story, or is it literally just go in and try to survive, scavenge, and build?

I have hope for the game and it seems like the devs really care about what they're attempting. The game looks amazing from an aesthetics standpoint, and it's nice to see something that looks pretty damn original.

I know it's early access and hopefully they really have plans to flesh it out. I'm at least remaining somewhat optimistic.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah that's kind of my thought is what is exactly is the gameplay loop? You just run around and harvest and stuff Non-Stop and upgrade your base? Are there quests or and overarching story, or is it literally just go in and try to survive, scavenge, and build?

I have hope for the game and it seems like the devs really care about what they're attempting. The game looks amazing from an aesthetics standpoint, and it's nice to see something that looks pretty damn original.

I know it's early access and hopefully they really have plans to flesh it out. I'm at least remaining somewhat optimistic.

To me this looks like the type of game that is fun to watch, but less to play. Streamers will probably go nuts with trying to avoid dying hilariously and whatever. It's one thing to be cannon fodder at the beginning of the game, it's another to be it at the end too, I guess. It seems neat conceptually, but it maybe just isn't for me. It's also hard to tell how much is bugged vs intended with some of the stealth gameplay. Thief games used to be perfect for this because it was consistent, but the clips I've watched have been more all over the place.

Plus there's the multiplayer component which is you know I'm sure fun chaos with a fixed group of competent people. Randos on the other hand...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So if two factions are duking it out and they kill each other, do you go in loot their bodies for resources and whatever?

Yea the guys at war, generally, will ignore you while they are fighting. If a group of Europa soldiers are just walking around on patrol or whatever they will probably shoot you if they see you, but if they are engaged with some fuckin Eurasian exosuit and a bunch of drones you can run right past them and be on your way. Cleaning up the aftermath of battle can be some real good salvage though.

You don't play entirely as a scavenger though, think of it as being like a hyena if that makes sense? You prefer to scavenge and avoid direct conflict, but you can absolutely take down any of the enemies depending on the gear you brought and the situation.

There are quests to go fight a bunch of stuff, find items, explore areas, stuff like that. The end game for it is right now is mostly gearing up to try and go take out the tanks/mechs/hunter drones etc.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
To me this looks like the type of game that is fun to watch, but less to play. Streamers will probably go nuts with trying to avoid dying hilariously and whatever. It's one thing to be cannon fodder at the beginning of the game, it's another to be it at the end too, I guess. It seems neat conceptually, but it maybe just isn't for me. It's also hard to tell how much is bugged vs intended with some of the stealth gameplay. Thief games used to be perfect for this because it was consistent, but the clips I've watched have been more all over the place.

Plus there's the multiplayer component which is you know I'm sure fun chaos with a fixed group of competent people. Randos on the other hand...
Yeah I definitely wouldn't just fire up the game and play with random people. My little group will probably test it out. It really kind of reminds me of Remnant, but in that game therea pretty cool stories, and it was fun figuring out all of the secrets in the various worlds. I hope it's just not run out into the wasteland battlefield try not to get killed by whatever spawns.

Does the game world reset or something?

I remember from that Dev talk, sounds like they're going to try to keep expanding on it, I want you to own the game, do you want me paying for anything else, which I like.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yea the guys at war, generally, will ignore you while they are fighting. If a group of Europa soldiers are just walking around on patrol or whatever they will probably shoot you if they see you, but if they are engaged with some fuckin Eurasian exosuit and a bunch of drones you can run right past them and be on your way. Cleaning up the aftermath of battle can be some real good salvage though.

You don't play entirely as a scavenger though, think of it as being like a hyena if that makes sense? You prefer to scavenge and avoid direct conflict, but you can absolutely take down any of the enemies depending on the gear you brought and the situation.

There are quests to go fight a bunch of stuff, find items, explore areas, stuff like that. The end game for it is right now is mostly gearing up to try and go take out the tanks/mechs/hunter drones etc.
Ahhhh, thanks. Hopefully they flesh out the end game, but I have a feeling it's probably going to be more about the journey and not the destination.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This video popped up for for me. Figured I'd share it.

tl;dr it's *actually* early access and is nowhere near ready for release/is in basically an alpha state.

The problem is the well for 'early access' is so fucking poisoned these days that the general expectation is the game basically being done but just having limited content.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
tl;dr it's *actually* early access and is nowhere near ready for release/is in basically an alpha state.

The problem is the well for 'early access' is so fucking poisoned these days that the general expectation is the game basically being done but just having limited content.
Yeah, I don't think I've ever bought an early access game. Somewhere along the way this became a new model, and I know some people get hooked into Early Access, but the game's not even finished, that's just something that I don't quite understand.

Brother wait for everything to be complete or at least in beta. Still, the game looks pretty good for where it's at compared to a lot of those other turds out there that have no hope ofe ever seeing the light of day.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the parts of it that exist currently are pretty good for how rough the general state of it is.

The visuals/atmosphere are just fucking unreal though. It's a very rare game after so many years that makes me stop and just watching what is happening off in the distance.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yea the parts of it that exist currently are pretty good for how rough the general state of it is.

The visuals/atmosphere are just fucking unreal though. It's a very rare game after so many years that makes me stop and just watching what is happening off in the distance.
I think that's my biggest draw to the game. It just looks cool as hell, and unlike anything I've seen. Makes me want to explore that world.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've got the graphics pretty low so a lot of the textures aren't great up close as you can see on my character, the close pipes etc

Even still the visual presentation is crazy on these maps. It's like only this and Elden ring that have really made me stop and just look at stuff in recent memory

image.jpg