The Good Place

spronk

FPS noob
r8PUJMl.gif

ride or die with chidi

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Shur teased that season two will also start to feature people who died at more advanced ages. Most of the show’s characters in the first season died in their 30s.

“We had this weird realization that you couldn’t have anyone in the afterlife under about 30-ish, because it was too sad,” Shur told the Times. “But the problem is, you’re trying to highlight Eleanor’s relationships, most of which are going to be with people roughly her own age. So what ends up happening is it looks like everyone’s the same age. There are significant plans underway already for Season 2 to alter some of that.”

Shur told the Times that the final episodes of season one do hint at where the show can go in the future. They could finally take the audience outside the neighborhood set up by Ted Danson’s Michael.

Ganthorn

N00b
I had called something up with Tahani long ago but this wasn't what I was expecting. She just seemed way too full of herself for the good place.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT WATCHING THE GOOD PLACE, DO NOT READ ANY POSTS BEFORE THIS ONE.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Thanks, Lanx! I love this show.

As a side note, do you think Kristen Bell's ass tastes better than that of other women? I mean, she's obviously more attractive, but does that reflect into taste?

Ladro

Anomaly
Great show! Definitely don't spoil yourself, it was worth it. Another show I wouldn't have watched if it weren't for the recommendation here, thanks guys! The actress playing Janet is amazing, cracked me up the last few episodes.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I actually called this early in the season when watching it with people locally. I didn't get a chance to watch until Saturday due to the Boston NBC / Comcast fiasco, but I figured something was up when I got a bunch of "I hate you" text messages last Thursday.

That grin of Danson's however... pure genius. They should offer up this episode for Emmy considerations based on that sequence alone.

Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That was awesome, and well worth watching the whole season for.

I'm a little concerned with how it will play out next season though. Obviously you can't make it just about getting back to where this finale was, so what will be the main attraction for us as viewers? I mean, beyond the awesomeness already there.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The interest will be in seeing how they changed things up and them probably thinking they can play along and pretend to be annoyed.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
That was a great finale. Looking forward to seeing where they take this.

Ladro

Anomaly
Iit will be interesting to see if they alter the world at all for season 2. In light of the whole memory wipe, they could completely change everything and be a different show with different actors if they wanted to, minus the core group. Would lose interest if they just rehashed everything in season 1 though.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Well the inclusion of Buff McAbertson (or whatever the fuck Jersey Shore dude's name was) gives us some clue
By including this glimpse of Eleanor's new 'soul mate' in the final stinger of the season they telegraph that this character won't be around long in any meaningful capacity. So I bet that within the first episode or two of the new season (NBC willing) they have either figured it out through a combination of time passing off camera or something and then its off to the races as they figure out how they can possibly hide things from Michael and figure out a way to escape to a different neighborhood. Turning it into a 'fugitive' like series would allow them to visit other neighborhoods and potentially gain a whole new perspective on things.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pretty brilliant to keep us guessing about the secrets of the characters so we wouldn't think to question the reality of their environment.

I like it.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
We also know

that demonic entities / 'bad place' people REALLY like fro-yo... I always wondered why there was such an emphasis on it in the neighborhood and now that we know that they are all evil it makes much more sense.