The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good shit. Keifer Sutherland was pretty funny too. The payoff on the big cattle herding wasn't much, but the May/Hammond argument at the end made it all work.

Feien

Ploppers
It was like a short Christmas Special. I was surprised how well the 3 cars performed. Man, I would love to be part of their production team, everything just seems so much fun.

"Says the man in a jacket woven out of pure 1935!"

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Love seeing top end stuff and the incredulity at the size of things from overseas visitors

The episode was kind of lulzy over all but the ring campfire would have been insanely stupid to do there so assuming it was quickly put out, and fuck sleeping out in a sleeping bag like that without being in a tent to keep snakes and spiders out. Also seeing James showing only 200km range left in his tank when showing the gtr dash at the start just was insane

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really feel like they have quite possibly the best job on the planet.

And the license plate shit was awesome. Glad they did it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i just caught up. great couple of episodes. that rally track was fucking insane. as well as that Maloo. i also really love that Bentley.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The view from the top of the mine looking down as they drove around was insane. Would have loved to see more of that perspective they showed while the Stig was driving it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hahaha I burst out laughing when Hammond deployed his patient delivery mechanism in the final challenge :p

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know why, but that seemed to be one of the most enjoyable Top Gear's I've watched in a while (not that I don't normally enjoy it).

I'm amazed at that 1:42:2. I remember watching the 1:42:9(?) and thinking that was insanely fast looking.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know why, but that seemed to be one of the most enjoyable Top Gear's I've watched in a while (not that I don't normally enjoy it).

I'm amazed at that 1:42:2. I remember watching the 1:42:9(?) and thinking that was insanely fast looking.
It was enjoyable because it was fucking hilarious. Had me flat out cackling like a retard more than is probably healthy. Jesus that was funny. And really illustrates the difference between the show and the foreign versions. So much is obviously scripted and set up and it doesn't matter even a little bit because they're so damn good.

Also it was almost lost in the audio, but when they went to James and Hammond they mentioned that he did the 1:42.2 lap time exactly 3 different times.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
If they wanted to do it right they'd have 5-6 of the top drivers over at once, same day, same car, baseline the alignment and throw on a new set of tires for each driver, given them each 10 laps and have at it.

The drivers wouldn't do it though because ego.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also it was almost lost in the audio, but when they went to James and Hammond they mentioned that he did the 1:42.2 lap time exactly 3 different times.
I caught that too.

I think they just had good segments every single time. They actually did a real "the news" for the first time in what feels like forever, the challenge was really good and hilarious, and I enjoy the F1 drivers more than random celebrities.

I was about to complain about how I hadn't seen the cool wall in like 5 years, but then...the cool wall kind of sucked.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
That was probably the funniest episode of Top Gear ever, so I can't complain too much, but are they even going to test cars anymore? Are they just ceding that whole thing to Chris Harris? Seeing how well various cars do when under the Stig's care on the Top Gear track is a huge thing to me. They have tons of new stuff that needs to be put around the track, and they just don't seem to be doing them. Are they putting those cars around and then publishing those times on the web or something?

I could see where maybe some people find that stuff boring or whatever, but I love it, and the show just isn't the same without it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Theyhaveto have the Porsche vs. McLaren hybrid tests this season...right?

Be cool if they did a megaepisode on the 4 big cars in that class. Those 2 plus the BMW i8 and the LaFerrari.

Fadaar

That guy
I want to see the thee super-hybrids (LaFerrari, P1, 918) and the new Z06 on the track. Really think the Z06 might surprise people where it places. The new Huracan placed surprisingly high too consideing it's yet_another_lambo.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Very impressed by the Dan Ricciardo drive . . . that he had done 3 laps of the same time shows it was no 'one off fluke'

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's the car show you all wanted.

I'm even more confused by the Land Rover thing (more than what Jeremy said) because they used a motor that wasn't even from the Land Rover. It could've been any car really.