The Grand Tour (from the guys in Top Gear)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My panties got wet just now when they announced the christmas special is going to span 2 episodes.
the christmas special is usually a feature length episode, not broken up into 2 episodes to milk the shortened season.
color me unimpressed with this stunt.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if you had the choice of watching the full episode over watching the episode broken up over 2 weeks you would pick the 2 week deal?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 episodes. 120 minutes > 60.

But if you are crying that they're not showing both at once, well obviously you are. It's how you roll.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You do realize this is their christmas special they fractured and not a regular episode, right?

Also its hardly crying because im not impressed they broke up their christmas special. if you're fine waiting two weeks to finish it. Then good for you. I didnt even mention how great it is they released their christmas special in march.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
How about you just wait until Christmas to watch both episodes back to back and stop shitting up this thread with your incessant faggotry?

Thanks.

Empala_sl

shitlord
That was amazing so far, lots of funny moments and bit of drama as well. Driving in Africa, especially those countries, is truely an experience.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I couldn't really tell, were they have supposed to stay in that traffic jam the entire night? They seemed rather refreshed in the morning. Whereas after the night in the "hotel," they (especially James) really looked like shit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They were supposed to have, yes. I'm sure in reality some crew member got to man the cars while they slept somewhere. Don't care, episode was fantastic. Hammond on the mud road was having the time of his life. If the second half lives up to the first this will be right up there with the Borneo and Vietnam trips, and maybe set a precedent for two part specials. God knows they have plenty of content.

Fadaar

That guy
I was actually amazed what they did with the interior of their cars, pretty sick job all around. Although as soon as I saw the gas stove in Hammond's... well, we all know how that usually ends. I'm sure it'll come next episode.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was thinking something would have already. Towards the end where Hammond was cooking and Jeremy was looking at the map in the rain before calling them over, they did a close up shot of the stove with kettle sitting there unattended. I thought for sure the next shot after them talking was going to be Hammond's car on fire.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Vietnam trip is my all time favorite Top Gear episode (with the North Pole special a close second).

This one is turning out to be right up there. Can't wait for part two!

Tral_sl

shitlord
Vietnam and South Pole are two of the best. I think the Bolivia special was my favorite.

Fucking pumped for part 2 this weekend.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
That autonomous military truck James raced in the previous episode was pretty amazing and scary at the same time.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so in order not to bitch i decided to wait a week to watch both episodes back to back like it was a true christmas special. what a great special. i loved every moment. hammond's car did not catch fire even though i was sure that it would like everyone else. grats to James May on discovering the source of the nile. the best part was the river crossing.and holy shit when is africa ever going to discover the 15th century? let alone the 21st?
actually no, the best part was that colossal douchebag hammond didnt win.
the holiday specials go in this ordernow.
South America>North Pole>Vietnam>Africa>Botswana>Middle East>US>India