The Green Knight (2020)

spronk

FPS noob
yeah friend saw it last night and said it was beautiful but boring, more suited to people who are artsy fartsy cinema kinda guys. He said there are tons and tons of slow neat cool shots that are utterly pointless, like massive giants walking around slowly but not important to the plot at all. critics got a mini book of the original old English story the movie based on, he got to keep a copy and its pretty neat.

definitely not my kinda movie but i can appreciate people liking it, ignoring all the wrappings around "so why is an indian dude a knight in arthurs round table..."

movie is theaters only until Nov 2021 when it will hit VODs and dvd

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
My family hated it and hated me taking them to see it. I thought it was only okay. The first third of the movie is excruciatingly boring. There are some great visuals but often they seem in service of nothing. The cum girdle got a lot of laughs in the theatre. Not sure that was intended. Probably only for those who really like their arty Arthurian legends with a spicy bit of inclusive casting. Not nearly as good as the shills would have you believe.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Not gunna read 7 pages of nerd rage. I just learned about this movie because it's playing at the local cinema. What was it about the green knight that pissed everyone off? Does it look good if you like Arthurian legend?

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The lamb trailer was the best part of this movie. Walked out after 30 mins.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Wife was totally stoked to go see this. I had no idea what to expect. She walked out and said it was the worst movie she'd ever seen. Was pretty funny when Alicia Vikander jerked him off. otherwise, a movie for art snobs.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rime

<Donor>
Movie was all smoke and no fire.

Pretty as hell, some amazing shots, but it just went on and on and on.

Definite art wankery.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
tell me more
Lol, i mean, Alicia Vikander asked him how bad he wanted it, and he said i want it real bad, and i thought it was allegory, until he came and there was nut all over the belt his mom made.

and then Joel Edgarton made out with him in the next scene.

• 1Barf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
movie will be streamed one night only Aug 18th. tickets will be $20 lol

hopefully a torrent gets out, i'm pretty sure i'll hate this movie but i'd watch a bit and see if its for me or not

• 1Direct to DVD

Randin

Trakanon Raider
It's exceedingly artsy, which isn't really my scene, but I didn't hate it. Do wish they would've given it a more definitive ending, though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have no seen one review that was positive about this movie other than the visuals and score lol

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
If you want to watch a slow movie about a man who sees himself as a knight, is presented with a test of every virtue a Knight of King Arthur's court should have, and then fail them all as he moves along his quest, beautifully set and filmed, with a great score, by the guy who makes slow movies that are mostly meditations on grief, its a great film.

It also goes a long way to show you how great you can make a movie look for as little as $15 million, if you really try.

And if you start to watch the movie, find out you dont want that and get bored, fast forwarding to the final 30 minutes is where all the meat is.

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They had their chance to get my money, and then they have to rub it in my face that it's only in Theaters. They can fuck off.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Had my AMC A-List shit going, so the girlfriend and I saw this the weekend it released. Her ticket was matinée priced.

It's extremely visual and artsy. I honestly, enjoyed it? It's extremely slow but I sorta like the slow trek through the Arthurian world. The payoff was solid at the end. I can 1,000,000% see why people didn't like this though.

That Lamb movie trailer looked fucking insane, not going to lie. Definitely seeing that shit.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
movie will be streamed one night only Aug 18th. tickets will be $20 lol

hopefully a torrent gets out, i'm pretty sure i'll hate this movie but i'd watch a bit and see if its for me or not
it's out and this is a disgustingly slooooooooooooooow and boooooooooooring movie

but maybe, thats b/c i thought this was a king arthur "retelling" so i prepped myself by re-watching excalibur, a movie i haven't watched in like 30years

holy shit it was made 40years ago and patrick stewark looks the same

green knight is "beautiful"??? no fucking excalibur is BEAUTIFUL

and the special fx are amazing... there are none, you see guys in full fucking armor fall off a fucking horse and the other actor has to stop his horse mere inches away

rewatch excalibur instead of this garbage movie, or watch excalibur then this movie and go

wtf is with that horrible amateur fox? WETA fucking made this?

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah 4k torrents are out, i don't really understand the release. they said A24 fans would get an exclusive online screening August 18th, but it also apparently dropped as a $20 RENTAL (not vod you buy) on Aug 19th too, everywhere. I'd be pissed if I paid for that $20 screening on the 18th, lulz fans

this whole new system where movies get a $20 rental - Fast and Furious did it too - is so fucking greedy, a $30 purchase I can understand, you can watch it forever and $30 is fairly reasonable for early access. But $20 just to see a movie once, fuck off

• 1Like