The Hateful Eight

Simas_sl

shitlord
Just got back. The 70 mm is great. Some of the shots are amazing. I really enjoyed it. I think it works well as a companion piece to Django.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Don't worry, Donald Trump will make Tarantino great again. In the mean time I guess you'll just have to fuck off to watch wrestling or The Fast and the Furious or whatever.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1. Pulp Fiction - The masterpiece.
2. Reservoir Dogs - Fun, shocking, memorable.
3. Inglorious Bastards - Hello world, I am Christoph Waltz.
4. Kill Bill's - Live action comic book. A bit too gratuitously violent and self-indulgent, but pretty amazing none the less.
5. Django Unchained - The world used to be really fucking racist.
6. The Hateful Eight - A bit forgettable. Limited scope, dialogue lacked the creative punch Tarantino is known for. Not enough mystery or good enough pay-off-reveals for a "who done it".
7. Jackie Brown - Boring, cliche story.
8. Death Proof - Who cares.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
1. Pulp Fiction - The masterpiece.
2. Reservoir Dogs - Fun, shocking, memorable.
3. Inglorious Bastards - Hello world, I am Christoph Waltz.
4. Kill Bill's - Live action comic book. A bit too gratuitously violent and self-indulgent, but pretty amazing none the less.
5. Django Unchained - The world used to be really fucking racist.
6. The Hateful Eight - A bit forgettable. Limited scope, dialogue lacked the creative punch Tarantino is known for. Not enough mystery or good enough pay-off-reveals for a "who done it".
7. Jackie Brown - Boring, cliche story.
8. Death Proof - Who cares.
Jackie Brown is not boring, i dont know how anyone can say bad things about that movie, its really QT's best work after Pulp Fiction. it's not cliched either. did anyone expect bridget fonda and deniro to end up the way they did? the part people call "boring" is what others call "the story"

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
This movie was brilliant. Some critics are calling it movie of the year. It was good, just not that good, IMO.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
This movie was brilliant. Some critics are calling it movie of the year. It was good, just not that good, IMO.
By no means being a smart ass, but I have noticed many people do this.

How can the movie be "Brilliant" and then "Good, but not that good"?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
He meant Movie of the Year good. A movie can be brilliant but still not movie of the year good.
i liked it alot. I never read what critics say until afterwords. I was shocked at "Movie of the Year" being thrown out there. There's a lot of glowing praise. While some of that praise is warranted, the hype train seems strong with this one.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
The length kinda sucked just because the theatre I was at had seats made for 6 years old so it was like being cramped into the back of a sports cars rear "seats". Ended up with mega migraine.

Loved funny parts with the chick. Overall I enjoyed, but not something I'd watch multiple times like older movies. While Django tickled me, I agree with Chuck I think the recent few films have gone downhill compared to the original greats. Thought the intrigue was kinda weak/predictable and the final "action" scene of sorts had some wait wtf esp. with the sudden cut to a few minutes later.

I'm dumb and dont know where spoiler tag, so hope above is vague enough.

Column_sl

shitlord
To me the movie has the most in common with Reservoir Dogs. Small Cast in a limited local in a thriller type scenario.

It's not like this premise is new, It's basically a trumped up version of Clue that people play at dinner parties.

I enjoyed it way more then I thought I would.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
To me the movie has the most in common with Reservoir Dogs. Small Cast in a limited local in a thriller type scenario.

It's not like this premise is new, It's basically a trumped up version of Clue that people play at dinner parties.

I enjoyed it way more then I thought I would.
Obligatory Clue

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Saw this on New Year's Eve and Star Wars New Year's Day. I definitely enjoyed Star Wars more, but this was very enjoyable, especially the cinematography. Kind of surprised that I haven't heard people complaining about Kurt Russell beating the shit out of a woman throughout the movie. Pretty much a cross between a Sergio Leone western and a locked door mystery story with the clever, funny dialog and over the top cartoon violence that you would expect from QT.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Due to its setting in the old west, it gives QT free reign to smack up all the bitches he wants while screaming the n word like every character has Tourrette's.