The Importance of Being Ernest

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We sure did watch some weird shit in the 80s.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I haven't revisted it in forever but I remember really, really liking Ernest Goes to Camp and renting it a bunch of times.

• 3Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I haven't revisted it in forever but I remember really, really liking Ernest Goes to Camp and renting it a bunch of times.

Scared Stupid and Camp are the god tier ones. But check out Rides Again. The song glorifying him in my original post is from the intro. Maybe you know this, have seen it and are a true enthusiast.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Scared Stupid and Camp are the god tier ones. But check out Rides Again. The song glorifying him in my original post is from the intro. Maybe you know this, have seen it and are a true enthusiast.
Saves Christmas and Goes To Jail are my favorites. just the sheer lunacy of those films makes them instant classics. i watched those a ton of times.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
There is also a movie called The Importance of Being Earnest that they are spoofing with the title. Brilliant.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There is also a movie called The Importance of Being Earnest that they are spoofing with the title. Brilliant.

You mean a play, by Oscar Wilde. That was adapted to a movie. And that movie was really good.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Saves Christmas and Goes To Jail are my favorites. just the sheer lunacy of those films makes them instant classics. i watched those a ton of times.
I am going to alienate Nirgon and Chuk here, but I believe Saves Christmas was, in my opinion, the single worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life, and I saw it in a small town theatre when it released in '88. It has yet to be dethroned.

Last edited:
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I am going to alienate Nirgon Chuk here, but I believe Saves Christmas was, in my opinion, the single worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life, and I saw it in a small town theatre when it released in '88. It has yet to be dethroned.
i know people who hated it. like i brought the VHS tape over to their house and they cursed me out for offending them with it. i think its awesome, but to eaxh their own. i didnt really like Scared Stupid or the basketball one. his movies could be hit or miss. what i think people who hate the films the most always seem to hate on are the 2 old guy comedy team. not so much Ernest. though i do know people who didnt like him either. the skinny old guy cracks me up. reminds me of the old guy from Benny Hill.
iu

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I can't remember a damn thing about any of them, but I remember loving Goes to Jail.

Also, he did tons of commercials for a local car dealer here, John L. Sullivan. I don't know if he did it because he was local to the area or if he just whored out his talent for anyone that paid. But it meant I saw a LOT of Ernest P. Worrell back in the day. Loved every minute of it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I can't remember a damn thing about any of them, but I remember loving Goes to Jail.

Also, he did tons of commercials for a local car dealer here, John L. Sullivan. I don't know if he did it because he was local to the area or if he just whored out his talent for anyone that paid. But it meant I saw a LOT of Ernest P. Worrell back in the day. Loved every minute of it.

I remember those commercials. Aired a lot on the american channels in the NE

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

The bit where he'd start to fall from the ladder but cleverly concocted some kind of backup planned that failed was a solid bit that still gets me.

"Eh heh heh heh..... Uhhhh... Uhhh.. wahhhhhh!!!!!!"

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I wish Ernest was alive to make a Pantheon commercial.

Hey Vern, remember all those guys trying to hate this game out of existence? Well they released something somewhat passable, WITH PVP. I know how you like competition and people's emotional outbursts in game so be sure to come on down!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I wish Ernest was alive to make a Pantheon commercial.

Hey Vern, remember all those guys trying to hate this game out of existence? Well they released something somewhat passable, WITH PVP. I know how you like competition and people's emotional outbursts in game so be sure to come on down!
no fuzzy trolls, i'm not interested!