The Last of Us

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Ellie was annoying and snarky in the game as well. It isn’t like they invented whole cloth for the show
I think there's a rule on this board that at least 4 people have to hate every female character in every show and post every week saying that they hate her.

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I think there's a rule on this board that at least 4 people have to hate every female character in every show and post every week saying that they hate her.

Translated: Everyone but you.

She sucks.

• 2Like
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
So saying she was great as a island leader in darkish times fantasy as a kid but terrible as a annoying teen playing a annoying teen makes about as much sense as saying it was so obvious Sarah died cause she was shot in the gut and lifeless but that Frank being shot in the gut and lifeless and fine next scene down the road.
They literally did it like that on purpose too.
Some of you all been eating too much bread.
Got that fungus among us in your gut.
Never realized we had so many gay loving survivalists here.
Oh well, I guess it beats listening to a woman bitch about how everything is dead when it all goes to shit.
I could easily live with a dude 20 years in a mini fortified place without the need to kiss and suck his dick though.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Translated: Everyone but you.

She sucks.
Honestly, she seems the same as the game. I thought she was annoying there too(at least in the beginning), so it's at least faithful to the source material.

Cybsled

Sarah’s eyes were open and she was lifeless

Bill closed his eyes while muttering

Completely different

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
HBO is leveraging the fact the game version already exists and is beloved. Every studio does and would, but they are sticking close to the source material. Would it have been even better if they did not hire in house and looked for the perfect analogue actress for one of the main characters? Sure. Still a far cry from TLOU2 and it's not going off the rails into some shitverse art project that only stole the name and concept.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
HBO is leveraging the fact the game version already exists and is beloved. Every studio does and would, but they are sticking close to the source material. Would it have been even better if they did not hire in house and looked for the perfect analogue actress for one of the main characters? Sure. Still a far cry from TLOU2 and it's not going off the rails into some shitverse art project that only stole the name and concept.

Season 2 is green lit so we can just wait to see what happens.

Calling it now, this thing goes completely off the Woke rails by episode 8 * OR * obviously, season 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Don’t worry that is countered by the handful of simps that will white knight some Hollywood cunt that “won’t fuck you”.

As all things should be.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Sarah’s eyes were open and she was lifeless

Bill closed his eyes while muttering

Completely different
No. He was lifeless with eyes open before the cut.
It was literally the same. That was the whole point to show it like that.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I ruined it for us by saying "and then they fell in love" as soon as Swanson stepped in the bedroom with the clothes, but both my girlfriend and I felt like it was heavy-handed and went on way too long. I guess if it took until the piano scene to figure it out, then maybe the pacing wouldn't have seemed so bad, but I was surprised to see how much everyone liked this episode. Last week's episode felt like it was 15 minutes too short and this one felt 15 minutes too long.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So saying she was great as a island leader in darkish times fantasy as a kid but terrible as a annoying teen playing a annoying teen makes about as much sense as saying it was so obvious Sarah died cause she was shot in the gut and lifeless but that Frank being shot in the gut and lifeless and fine next scene down the road.
They literally did it like that on purpose too.
Some of you all been eating too much bread.
Got that fungus among us in your gut.
Never realized we had so many gay loving survivalists here.
Oh well, I guess it beats listening to a woman bitch about how everything is dead when it all goes to shit.
I could easily live with a dude 20 years in a mini fortified place without the need to kiss and suck his dick though.
Fucking M Night over here ready to bring Sarah back in the season finale for the epic twist.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Just watched episode one, so refreshing to enjoy something with no modern day wokeness, no lgbtq shit force fed to you, just an apocalyptic shitshow of destruction from a terrifying enemy, hope it continues.

• 10Worf
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 12 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's really hard to sympathize and get emotionally invested in characters when you're spending half the episode doing this..

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Great show, but I just couldn't invest in that faggot shit.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ellie was annoying and snarky in the game as well. It isn’t like they invented whole cloth for the show
It’s not even close to the same thing. Ellie was annoying due to her defensive and standoffish personality. She gets much better as the story goes on and she opens up and matures a bit.

Bella will never not be annoying as fuck to watch, because it’s not just the character she is playing that is annoying, it’s also her mannerisms.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
the forehead (5head) is a big problem, its super distracting like she has downs so you feel sorta bad

wonder if it'll end up bigger than house of the dragon by season end (9.3m)

Last edited:

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
the forehead (5head) is a big problem, its super distracting like she has downs so you feel sorta bad

wonder if it'll end up bigger than house of the dragon by season end (9.3m)
Naw, they'll go full woke sometime next season because they'll think it's safe and they're ratings will fall off a cliff.

• 1Solidarity

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I cannot fucking stand this kid.

Her shtick was kind of cute and interesting in the GoT universe, but in a post apocalyptic world someone that annoying would be killed almost immediately.

Reminds me of Zach from The Strain. Annoying lil shit that ruined the entire show.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Where are these 4 people when it comes to Tess?