The Lego Batman Movie (2017)

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Just got back from seeing it with my kids. I didn't laugh as much as I did during Lego Movie, but it's still a good kid flick.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I took my daughter to see this today. It was decent, but not great. Definitely lacking in the volume of humor, as Dioblaire said. My daughter enjoyed it.
There were quite a few slow parts. The movie was extremely heavy handed with the "family" vibe. Most of which were slowed down because Batman is typically a loner.

Overall I liked it, just not nearly as much as the first movie.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree with the above. The movie was fun, my daughter liked it but it wasn't as funny as the first one. There is actually a somewhat sad part in the end which for a movie that supposed to be funny seemed weird. The thing I did like was the numerous references to all the other Batman movies.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Kids liked it. I fell asleep for a good 20 minute portion of it. They have these new reclining seats in our theater. So there's that. Mostly it just seemed like a really, really long SNL skit about how silly Batman is. But it wasn't terrible or anything.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
It was fun. I didn't laugh much, but the kids loved it. The Lego Movie had far better pacing and with more characters that were more developed. This was kind of just...there.

It was not bad by any means, but just not in the same league as The Lego Movie.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I saw it with the kids and they definitely liked it more than me. Not a huge fan of the Batman movies in general aside from the music/score which for some reason hits the right "notes" with me and I admit the movie incorporated it quite well. 5/10 for me, 7/10 for kids.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
For anyone wondering when they'll finally make a good DC movie. This is it.

Funny how they can only seem to make good batman movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
A lot of the DC animated movies are good so this basically falls into that category.