The Lion King (2019)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This should make more money than Aladdin but it's equally pointless.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
looks absolutely amazing, can't wait for computer games to catch up to this. a tiny, tiny bit of uncanny valley when the animals move and in a few of the night/darker scenes maybe due to your brain trying to figure out where the light is coming from but otherwise everything looks real.

Not sure its really worth a trip to theaters if you don't have kids of the right age, i think as an adult I'd prefer the sillier/goofier cartoon. but this'll definitely be worth a watch at home, I enjoyed the Jungle Book

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm all in but i'm a little concern that maybe Timon and Pumbaa may not have their same appeal in this real form. I think it's going to be great though. I'm not sure what the "point" is but I'm glad to see my kids get to experience these movies on the big screen. It's not like Disney isn't releasing some pretty solid, original stuff as well. Pixar is killing it, MCU is killing it, Star Wars is the Vanguard / Pantheon of Disney, but ultimately, I would say Disney is batting at least 80% on their releases when you take the entire company into consideration.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
It's all so tiresome

This.

That photographed black hole could come and swallow everything that is Disney from our reality and we would all be better for it.

We need to start pulling up some of Walt Disney's especially egregious past and posting it everywhere again. If some fucking Nascar racer can have an advertiser pull out because of something racist his dad said, surely we can destroy the Disney corporation with the reality of their founder?

I wonder what the hitmen Disney would hire to track us down would look like. Do you think they would contractually have to wear Mickey Mouse ears?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'll be taking the kids, I think it looks great and I don't have any hate toward Disney. They release less movies than most other studios to ensure quality over quantity... although Star Wars needs a course correction stat. Disney could potentially have 3-4 top 5 all-time movies just this year: Avengers, Lion King, Frozen 2, **Star Wars??**, **Aladdin??**

spronk

FPS noob

will this movie really be bigger than Avengers? People keep saying that, seems nuts to me but I don't know millennials and stuff

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Just look at how many people bought tickets to Black Panther and Captain Marvel to show that even trash can make a shit load of money.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

will this movie really be bigger than Avengers? People keep saying that, seems nuts to me but I don't know millennials and stuff
I wouldn't expect it to beat avengers. That's a once every 10yrs kinda movie imo. (Titanic -> avatar -> avengers). Would be crazy to have multiple $2b+ movies in the same year

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
"A well-rendered but creatively bankrupt self-portrait of a movie studio eating its own tail. "

"It's a stirring reminder of what can be achieved with all the talent (and money) in the world, as well as a cautionary tale of what can happen when there's no vision to bind it all together. "

Nice!

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider

Every single black I know is excited for this and I've overheard random blacks conversing about wanting to see.