The Lord of the Rings

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
“It’s their time and it’s so important and I hope many people will see this fantasy and be able to relate to it,” she continued. ” This is a reflection of the world we live in, there are many and we are different and we will embrace and discover, and peel back, and learn, and educate, and be educated.”

This is honestly the dumbest shit I've read all year. She speaks exactly like somebody brainwashed by a cult.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The comments are hilarious. Everyone is just bashing the show and the actors.

Love that the article references a YouTuber begging people to not watch this trash because its not Tolkien.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
LOTR rights firesale to Embracer for 398m, nearly 1.6 billion dollars below valuation.

1689101478742.png

1689101513157.png

1689101527027.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lmao get fucked Amazon. 250m for some half-ass TV rights, while Embracer paid barely more than that for the entire franchise on film and gaming.

1689101731955.png

Amazon is a lick and everyone knows it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Those stupid ass 20-year old bosses sons over at Amazon couldn't negotiate their way out of a paper bag.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think this whole thing showed that you cannot make a show/film based on Tolkien's works unless you can directly use the source material. Sauron's character makes absolutely no sense at all. An angelic spirit who has a god-like complex with boundless pride would not take the form of Aragorn-lite.

But the Tolkien estate has no interest is selling the rights anytime soon. I personally think The Children of Hurin could be adapted and made into a good film, if it had the right director. But that's probably many years away unfortunately.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think this whole thing showed that you cannot make a show/film based on Tolkien's works unless you can directly use the source material. Sauron's character makes absolutely no sense at all. An angelic spirit who has a god-like complex with boundless pride would not take the form of Aragorn-lite.

But the Tolkien estate has no interest is selling the rights anytime soon. I personally think The Children of Hurin could be adapted and made into a good film, if it had the right director. But that's probably many years away unfortunately.

Not if it's Bezos son asking. Embracer could get them if they wanted them.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Really good watch. Never saw the show.

Seconded. It's a good breakdown and if intentional by the writing and directing makes the showrunners not as dumb as we thought.

Some of those major scenes in RoP are literally shot exactly like the reference scenes. It's just too much coincidence to be incidental. I realize filmmaking techniques are often recycled and reused, but that's pretty damn near shot-for-shot.

I think they nailed it. The question is would knowing this make the show more watchable?