The Mandalorian

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obiwan was so bad, I forgot that was a show until you mentioned it. I had blocked the memories

As had the rest of the forum.

While I was critical of F&F's mea culpa on Boba Fatt-- the fact is they were right. Boba Fatt is largely a nobody and blank slate. F&F were right to be confused why people were mad at their take on him.

Obi-wan did record numbers because it's simply a bigger character than anything in the Mandalorian or Boba Fatt.

The viewers tuned in, sure, in part because of the brand goodwill that Mandalorian restored. But the reality is, Obi-wan is simply that big of a character to the franchise.

And you can search there for your loss in viewership moment.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
My son is 10 and he is even burned out on this shit, that was my own lightbulb moment when I realized Disney has a serious problem.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's a very real possibility those future films they are working on could be DOA, and what we are witnessing is the death of Star Wars on film and television for the second and first time.

Short of a visionary like Lucas reinventing the franchise-- and those only come along once in a couple of generations. Good luck with Taika's movie.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There's a very real possibility those future films they are working on could be DOA, and what we are witnessing is the death of Star Wars on film and television for the second and first time.

Short of a visionary like Lucas reinventing the franchise-- and those only come along once in a couple of generations. Good luck with Taika's movie.
its been said for years now. Star Wars is a dead franchise. they had a chance with Mando, but Kennedy squashed even that little spark of life.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As had the rest of the forum.

While I was critical of F&F's mea culpa on Boba Fatt-- the fact is they were right. Boba Fatt is largely a nobody and blank slate. F&F were right to be confused why people were mad at their take on him.

Obi-wan did record numbers because it's simply a bigger character than anything in the Mandalorian or Boba Fatt.

The viewers tuned in, sure, in part because of the brand goodwill that Mandalorian restored. But the reality is, Obi-wan is simply that big of a character to the franchise.

And you can search there for your loss in viewership moment.
honestly with boba fett, it wasn't even REALLY about him. i think it makes perfect sense for him to take over anchorhead as a gangster or wherever he was. the problems with book of boba fett weren't boba fett (though it's easy to lump the issues on him) it was everything around him. the power ranger biker gang, the tusken raiders, the hutts just up and leaving for really no reason... it was like they were trying to make a show for every demograph instead of focusing on just a few and ended up just insulting all the viewers.

but yes, i agree that obi-wan did a lot more damage to the ip than anything else in recent history. there were some interesting moments in that show towards the end, but in order to get there they had to fill in 5 episodes worth of "well this happens because the script says so." by the time those interesting moments showed up, they show had lost ALL it's good will

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's one thing for a show to be bad, it's another for it to bring down established characters, timeline, and movies that were fine as is.

The animated shows never did that, they always enhanced previous material or were episodes of the week you could skip. They did not burn down years of lore.

• 3Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 3 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
this season has mostly been like a 40 degree day. meh, not as awful as obi wan or boba fett

RUDVzUBTpPLxzHW2oFRPpEI4Pq3bTgfCgs2yFRIK6mg.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there was a huge gap in seasons, and so far outside of season 1, it's all felt like the show's purpose is just to introduce other shows, and boba fett was received so poorly that i think people have become extremely wary of using their time just to watch long form trailers for shows that are ultimately not going to be any good.
literally this
e7a.jpg

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just for comparison

Obi Wan was so bad I don't even remember finishing it (but I did unfortunately)

Boba Fett was so boring I didn't even finish it.

Wonder which is worse?

Its crazy because if you had told 14 year old me they were coming out with a Boba Fett TV show I would've been first in line to watch it with my trust worthy softcover novel. They absolutely murdered this IP.

1680660661811.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just for comparison

Obi Wan was so bad I don't even remember finishing it (but I did unfortunately)

Boba Fett was so boring I didn't even finish it.

Wonder which is worse?

Its crazy because if you had told 14 year old me they were coming out with a Boba Fett TV show I would've been first in line to watch it with my trust worthy softcover novel. They absolutely murdered this IP.

View attachment 467450

One of my favorite books from the EU.

Still have it in a crate somewhere, probably will give it a reread for old times at some point.

• 2Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Dumb episode. Are they creating stupid stories just to give random celebrities cameos in the series?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Who had Lizzo scratching Grogu on the noggin on their Bingo card???

In all honesty it was like a Dr Who episode only with guns.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The comments about this episode are hilarious. Im almost excited to watch it just to see how bad it is.

Fadaar

That guy
It'd be one thing if this was a 16 or 20 episode season... but 8? Yeah, they don't have enough story beats for real seasons just a handful of episodes to tie all the various shows together. Gotta keep those D+ subs active!!!11 What's funny is if the two Mandalorian episodes from Boba had been in this season it'd be so much better.

edit: hadn't gotten to the end yet. what the fuck that's how they resolve that conflict? lame.

Last edited:

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It was a fun, filler episode — but good god it felt like a 10 year old wrote this one.