The Mandalorian

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Do we even know if Pedro is in that gitup? He could just be phoning in lines.
According to Pascal, he's still spending a fair amount of time in his shiny metal armor, but others do fill in. "It's such a collaborative effort," Pascal told Entertainment Weekly in March, noting the work done by his doubles, Brendan Wayne and Lateef Crowder, "and the suit ends up doing so much of the work, you know, in terms of how badass you look when you put it on." In addition to Wayne and Crowder, Pascal said other people now step into the suit from time to time, though he did not mention them by name.

According to Pedro Pascal, the Mandalorian suit makes it much easier to change things in post, and he does plenty of voiceover work for Din Djarin after shooting. Saying that he can be a bit of a perfectionist, Pascal continued, "I've been given the space to really kind of want to go over a line again because there aren't any lips to match it to and also it gives the opportunity for the writers to finesse the dialogue, to create more tension."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
According to Pascal, he's still spending a fair amount of time in his shiny metal armor, but others do fill in. "It's such a collaborative effort," Pascal told Entertainment Weekly in March, noting the work done by his doubles, Brendan Wayne and Lateef Crowder, "and the suit ends up doing so much of the work, you know, in terms of how badass you look when you put it on." In addition to Wayne and Crowder, Pascal said other people now step into the suit from time to time, though he did not mention them by name.

According to Pedro Pascal, the Mandalorian suit makes it much easier to change things in post, and he does plenty of voiceover work for Din Djarin after shooting. Saying that he can be a bit of a perfectionist, Pascal continued, "I've been given the space to really kind of want to go over a line again because there aren't any lips to match it to and also it gives the opportunity for the writers to finesse the dialogue, to create more tension."
So the answer is no, it mostly even isn't him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i could be wrong, unless that obese bulldyke in the control room was a celeb i never heard of, i think thats one of the "cast members" of the 6k per two night Star Wars hotel they built in WDW. i also didnt know that obese hoodrat was that flute player who won a bunch of grammies because diversity.
Lizzo-Variety-Cover-FORWEB.jpg

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

you can tell right away that helmet bo katan are the stunt doubles b/c they walk like women, while sackoff walks like shes straddling a bowling ball

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So the answer is no, it mostly even isn't him.
i'm going to say probably, Lateef was credited in this week's episode. thats one of the warm bodies they use as Mando. good bet Pascal had very little to do with this week's episode other than his voicework. which BTW i dont really have a problem with. it just smacks of laziness.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you can tell right away that helmet bo katan are the stunt doubles b/c they walk like women, while sackoff walks like shes straddling a bowling ball
well, i appreciate whomever does the fem walk with the helmet on. its really one of the few positives i have for this show anymore. the visuals are ok. they really dumped a shitload of cash into CGI, the story and acting, the check is still in the mail on those.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
well, i appreciate whomever does the fem walk with the helmet on. its really one of the few positives i have for this show anymore. the visuals are ok. they really dumped a shitload of cash into CGI, the story and acting, the check is still in the mail on those.
Not even that. I only asked because obviously he had TLoU going on, several movies and 5 upcoming including a few in production.
He has to be a bit busy right now and since they don't actually show him, it made me wonder if he was even on set for lots of these.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Seriously WTF happened to this show. Season 2 was great with the cameos (Bill Burr, Ashoka, Justified dude, Skywalker.) Now we get old Doc Brown, Jack Black and some african Jabba.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Also check the ass/hips. The double is full figured. Sackhoff has no ass and you can check her YouTube to confirm that she's aware of that.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seriously WTF happened to this show. Season 2 was great with the cameos (Bill Burr, Ashoka, Justified dude, Skywalker.) Now we get old Doc Brown, Jack Black and some african Jabba.
Its like they put out a memo that said if any celeb wants to be in the show they will gladly write them a part. No matter who they are.

Im a huge Jack Black fan but damn he did not fit this.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Were this not Disney this season would have all the whiff of a show about to get canned.

Din riding the mythosaur is going to be this generation's Fonz.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There was some nice social commentary in the episode.

No military so can invest resources in making lives better.
People don't want to work anymore = lazy.
People dont want to work anymore = artists.
Tolerate a few attrocities so long as it doesn't rock the apple cart.
People happily 'electing' the old royals because they worship celebrity.
Droids as slaves.
Droids being okay with work because biologicals have such short lives and droids have longer to 'live'.

The last one was the most interesting from my viewpoint. The work wasn't 'hard' because it was literally what they were designed to do and so for them it was just a way to pass the time.

All this gets overshadowed, however, with Lizzo knighting Grogu after he helps her cheat at space croquet.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Lol at the black Disney princess Orca. Man the costumes were power rangers level bad. I was waiting for them to offer Mando a poison apple or a diamond slipper.

• 2Worf

spronk

FPS noob
There was some nice social commentary in the episode.

Droids as slaves.
Droids being okay with work because biologicals have such short lives and droids have longer to 'live'.

The last one was the most interesting from my viewpoint. The work wasn't 'hard' because it was literally what they were designed to do and so for them it was just a way to pass the time.

All this gets overshadowed, however, with Lizzo knighting Grogu after he helps her cheat at space croquet.

the droid thing was weird because, with the exception of like 3-4 droids including IG11 in Mando, all droids have been the property of someone. Guess what every droid we've met also said? It was passed down from owner 1 to owner 2 when 1 died or didn't want it anymore.

So the whole "organics are short lived, so we don't mind doing this since they created us and we live forever" thing makes NO SENSE since droids are literally slaves who get passed down. I guess there must be a law that you mind wipe your new droid for them all to fucking forget this basic fact.

Mando also going back to "fuck droids" mode was a bit weird since he's been more accepting of droids every season, but then again these were battle droids which he probably especially hates since it killed his parents. I did really enjoy the ways he and Bo differed when dealing with aliens and droids, that was good s1 kinda stuff.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the droid thing was weird because, with the exception of like 3-4 droids including IG11 in Mando, all droids have been the property of someone. Guess what every droid we've met also said? It was passed down from owner 1 to owner 2 when 1 died or didn't want it anymore.

So the whole "organics are short lived, so we don't mind doing this since they created us and we live forever" thing makes NO SENSE since droids are literally slaves who get passed down. I guess there must be a law that you mind wipe your new droid for them all to fucking forget this basic fact.

Mando also going back to "fuck droids" mode was a bit weird since he's been more accepting of droids every season, but then again these were battle droids which he probably especially hates since it killed his parents. I did really enjoy the ways he and Bo differed when dealing with aliens and droids, that was good s1 kinda stuff.
There were those good and interesting aspects of the show. I was enjoying that stuff. But they threw in the bad shit on top of it. Sort of like finding a dead rat on top of your filet mignon.

Cybsled

Star Wars droids act and seem sentient, but they are property and essentially slaves. Did extended universe ever explore this, like droid uprisings?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Star Wars droids act and seem sentient, but they are property and essentially slaves. Did extended universe ever explore this, like droid uprisings?
The Han Solo Movie was the first time I recall it coming up. I did read most the EU books but it was long ago and I don't rememeber that narrative.