The Mandalorian

velk

Trakanon Raider
wasnt it explained that the pirates were a growing problem across outer and mid rim settlements? he explained that if they didnt nip the problem in the bud then it would become a full fledged menace later on when it was allowed to fully bloom. so basically little timmy didnt matter, it was what caused little timmy to fall into that well which needed to be addressed because it would do the some to other little timmies.

That was more an excuse to try and convince the Colonel, he wanted to rescue them for personal reasons. As far as excuses go, it's also pretty stupid - how, exactly, does the pirate problem become worse if they make that town into a 'pirate base' ?

They are going to convert the thriving heavy industry and orbital shipyards into building more pirate ships ? Distance doesn't appear to be a factor for literally anything in this universe, so it's not like they are any closer to anything than where-ever they were previously parked.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That was more an excuse to try and convince the Colonel, he wanted to rescue them for personal reasons. As far as excuses go, it's also pretty stupid - how, exactly, does the pirate problem become worse if they make that town into a 'pirate base' ?

They are going to convert the thriving heavy industry and orbital shipyards into building more pirate ships ? Distance doesn't appear to be a factor for literally anything in this universe, so it's not like they are any closer to anything than where-ever they were previously parked.
it doesnt need to be geographic as in its closer to the outer rim or whatever, it could be set up as in an overwhelming presence. if i got one pirate planet and you fly your ship in my hood, then you can expect to be attacked. if i have multiple pirate strongholds across multiple sectors, then you can expect to be attacked wherever you go. you might even be expected to pay some kind of tribute for safe passage. thats literally what happened with Lando in Empire Strikes Back. Vader popped in and said, "hey bitch, i can destroy your stupid cloud city unless you do what i say." the Empire is everywhere at this point and Lando can do fuckall about it, so he sets up Han/Leia/droids as a trap for Luke. the x wing pilot didnt want a repeat of the Empire so he's trying to play whack a mole and snuff it out.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
jon favreau is also the likeness on the paz viszla action figure

F5538_PROD_SW_CONV_EXCL_4_069_Online_2000SQ.jpg

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I googled the physical actor for him, thinking he was like 6'6 or something.

Dude's 6'3. Fucking Hollywood. Everyone else is always like 5'8 or something I swear. Dude looks like a monster in comparison, but I'm sure he's got lifts in his boots and stuff.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He's easily got 2 inches in his boots just from the costume. 6'5 to 6'6 is spot on I think.

He's also probably a legitimate 6'3. Not an internet 6'3.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Sabine is 100% showing up this season, that Zeb appearance was the okie doke.

p.s. watch Rebels if you haven't yet

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Attending the Paleyfest Mando showing tomorrow. Will update if they talk about anything mindblowing.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Sabine is 100% showing up this season, that Zeb appearance was the okie doke.

p.s. watch Rebels if you haven't yet
Oh yeah, the Zeb appearance was dope. I do hope we get Sabine and she needs to be hot as she is for sure an adult by this point in the timeline.

• 1Solidarity

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I fucking hate how small they make the galaxy feel, they did this is ROS too. the Xwing goes from His Base-> Coruscant -> Mando Hideout -> Back to Some random place in space where he just happens to find the shuttle? All in the span of what seems like an hour.

Just wish they would show the passage of time better, and not retarded ways like how the Kid STAYS PERFECTLY FINE, in the digestive stomach of the bird for 24hrs.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I fucking hate how small they make the galaxy feel, they did this is ROS too. the Xwing goes from His Base-> Coruscant -> Mando Hideout -> Back to Some random place in space where he just happens to find the shuttle? All in the span of what seems like an hour.

Just wish they would show the passage of time better, and not retarded ways like how the Kid STAYS PERFECTLY FINE, in the digestive stomach of the bird for 24hrs.

Shhhh, shhhhh, just turn your brain off, shhhhh it'll be ok, shhhhhhh.....

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Friend brought up a good observation that it could have been Imperial Super Commandos. The Mandos that jumped ship to the Empire.

episode 4 its the ship that made the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs GIF by Star Wars

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Just pause and stare at this for 15 minutes between trips.

Star Wars Art GIF by CmdrKitten
ju

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Technically Han's boast didn't mean anything besides he cut the route by going around a moon or back alley a certain way. The implication that it's a fast ship was bogus based on him using a distance measurement to brag about it. It would support his brag that he is a fast pilot though as an individual, I guess if that was what he was bragging about. The ship, not so much.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Technically Han's boast didn't mean anything besides he cut the route by going around a moon or back alley a certain way. The implication that it's a fast ship was bogus based on him using a distance measurement to brag about it. It would support his brag that he is a fast pilot though as an individual, I guess if that was what he was bragging about. The ship, not so much.

In the extended universe books they retroactively made it make sense by saying the Falcon was fast enough to take a route that went past a cluster of black holes such that a slower ship would hit the gravity well(s) and get fucked. That route was a shorter route, hence "less than 12 parsecs."

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like