The Marvels (2023)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
76m domestic and 188m worldwide it will probably hit 200m worldwide. maybe 230m. a 300m loss sounds about right. supposedly, when Nia Dacosta ditched the movie, Feige himself came in to fix the problems she left behind. this will bomb harder than The Flash which is the worst movie of the year.

of course Aquaman2 hasnt come out yet. i actually think that wont bomb as hard. it might make 300 million.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, I said it when Kang showed up in Loki S1 with all the gravitas of Theo Huxtable. "This guy's supposed to be the next big bad?"

People got all uppity about how "but this version isnt supposed to be intimidating!" (the version that defeated all the others. is not supposed to be intimidating. ok)

But thats not how you introduce a universe conquering villain, coming across as a know it all college kid.

In hindsight though we should have known theyd fuck Kang up as soon as we saw the casting. Kang is a white dude with a goatee, looks a lot like Robert Downey Jr. They cast this super ghetto lookin dude who would have looked at home in like Friday or something.

When they dont stick to the source material casting they never, never stick to the source material for anything else.

Because your theo huxtable comparison is bizarre and not why he sucks as a villain. He sucks because they've been teasing him for over 2 years now and all we've seen is He Who Remains, Victor Timely who's a stuttering con artist, and a Kang who got his ass handed to him by Paul Rudd.

They keep telling us he's such a massive threat, but everything we've seen tells us the opposite

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Because your theo huxtable comparison is bizarre and not why he sucks as a villain. He sucks because they've been teasing him for over 2 years now and all we've seen is He Who Remains, Victor Timely who's a stuttering con artist, and a Kang who got his ass handed to him by Paul Rudd.

They keep telling us he's such a massive threat, but everything we've seen tells us the opposite
It starts off like youre disagreeing with me but thats exactly my point. Every version they've shown us is completely unintimidating. Compare that vs the first shots of Thanos.

And its still a dumb take that the Kang who defeated all the other Kangs would be completely nonthreatening. I get that he doesnt have to be the most physically intimidating or whatever. But he beat all the baddest versions of Kang. This guy. Its silly.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Every time he started stuttering exposition in Loki s2 I wanted toss my computer out the window. Marvel thinks they're losing money now, wait til 2025 and they're still pushing this violent retard in more blockbusters. I refuse to believe they are keeping with this storyline. They will go full Galactus and Fantastic Four first.

The way they ended Loki season 2 really gave them an out for passing on Kang as the next major multi-movie villain and could go a completely different direction. I thought he was a terrible pick to play Kang, and his appearances so far have been underwhelming to say the least.

I saw The Marvels, and the best part was the mid-credit scene with Kelsey Grammar back as Beast from X-Men. Hyped to finally get to see the X-Men/MCU crossover. Hopefully, they go back to pre-endgame storytelling and won't fuck it all up..........

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I saw The Marvels, and the best part was the mid-credit scene with Kelsey Grammar back as Beast from X-Men. Hyped to finally get to see the X-Men/MCU crossover. Hopefully, they go back to pre-endgame storytelling and won't fuck it all up..........
Like I mentioned, gime me some Mr Sinister and the horseman and maybe they can start turning this shit around. Hopefully the new X-Men 97 cartoon isn't trash

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The way they ended Loki season 2 really gave them an out for passing on Kang as the next major multi-movie villain and could go a completely different direction. I thought he was a terrible pick to play Kang, and his appearances so far have been underwhelming to say the least.

we'll have to believe it when we see it. this woke shit started showing up in Marvel films in 2017, but it was actually 2015 when Purlmutter and the Marvel Committee were shitcanned. bring those back and i will start to have hope.

Homsar

Is GoTG the only Disney movie that didn't flop on their 100 anniversary year?

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
of course Aquaman2 hasnt come out yet. i actually think that wont bomb as hard. it might make 300 million.
I honestly couldn't tell you what Momoa's politics are but that's a good thing. He's a perfectly acceptable Aquaman who won't get accused of brown washing a character. Women love him. No matter how crazy you know Amber is she's nice to look at in a skin tight suit. If Aquaman 2 fails it will be because it's a bad script/CGI and not because go woke go broke.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I honestly couldn't tell you what Momoa's politics are but that's a good thing. He's a perfectly acceptable Aquaman who won't get accused of brown washing a character. Women love him. No matter how crazy you know Amber is she's nice to look at in a skin tight suit. If Aquaman 2 fails it will be because it's a bad script/CGI and not because go woke go broke.
women love them some beefcake. and as men we should encourage that, so a bunch of worked up broads leaving the theaters benefits us all. they hate Heard like poison, but i dont think its enough to tank this movie into oblivion. guys dont care. we know she's straight up batshit. but thats nothing new. chicks do weird shit all the time. i just think Gunn fucked everything up by announcing prematurely that he's killing the DCEU off. he never should have done that. he also never should have said there will be no holdovers from the DCEU. thats what will tank this movie just like the others. i dont think costing the WB billions in lost reveune was something they anticipated. and if they didnt anticipate that would happen. what other dumbfuckery is coming down the pike?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
women love them some beefcake. and as men we should encourage that, so a bunch of worked up broads leaving the theaters benefits us all. they hate Heard like poison, but i dont think its enough to tank this movie into oblivion. guys dont care. we know she's straight up batshit. but thats nothing new. chicks do weird shit all the time. i just think Gunn fucked everything up by announcing prematurely that he's killing the DCEU off. he never should have done that. he also never should have said there will be no holdovers from the DCEU. thats what will tank this movie just like the others. i dont think costing the WB billions in lost reveune was something they anticipated. and if they didnt anticipate that would happen. what other dumbfuckery is coming down the pike?

Bad for Warner Bros, but good for Gunn. The more he tanks the non-Gunn movies the better his will perform by comparison

• 1Like

Homsar

Really hope Gunn can fix the DC, so many characters outside of the Justice League that could make great movies. Gimme my R rated lobo, Question, Etrigan, Booster Gold, zattana for the female movie. Sucks they already fucked up Fate and other characters recently. Gunn hopefully should know you can't just have character show up without building the characters up

Last edited:

Homsar

Still waiting for a Judomaster movie.
Lol I love those character, sucks they have ruined so many of the DC big baddies recently. What's funny is if they did a lot of DC characters people would think they were ripping off Marvel even though DC created them first like Ant man vs The Atom.

Vandal Savage could be a good baddy build or Grodd could be a fun one

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tip of the Hat to the following 2023 movies:
[Disney]
Indiana Jones 5
Elemental
Ant Man 3
Little Mermaid
The Marvels
Haunted Mansion
Wish

[Warner Bros]
The Flash
Blue Beetle
Shazam 2
Magic Mike 3

[Universal]
Strays
Renfield

[Paramount]
Transformers
Scream 6

[Lions Gate]
Expendables 4

[Sony]

[Columbia]
Napoleon

Still to come: Wonka and Aquaman 2

Last edited:

Animosity

Tip of the Hat to the following 2023 movies:
[Disney]
Indiana Jones 5
Elemental
Ant Man 3
Little Mermaid
The Marvels
Haunted Mansion
Wish

[Warner Bros]
The Flash
Blue Beetle
Shazam 2
Magic Mike 3

[Universal]
Strays
Renfield

[Paramount]
Transformers
Scream 6

[Lions Gate]
Expendables 4

[Sony]

[Columbia]
Napoleon

Still to come: Wonka and Aquaman 2
Renfield doesnt deserve to be on this list.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Renfield doesnt deserve to be on this list.
The budget was $65M and only did $26M worldwide box office. Is the movie decent but no one saw it? Sure. But it was still a sizeable budget (read: 50M+) that lost the studio money.

Saw X still made money and had a much more reasonable cost. Plenty of 30M and below movies that crashed and burned but people haven't heard of most of them.