The Matrix Resurrections (2021)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
image0.jpg

Ok. I miss something? WTF is going on? The brother went trans?

• 4Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Bruh where you been? They've both been trannies for 5+ years.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched the trailer. I dunno, maybe its just the trailer, but all that I got is its an older neo/trinity(that is somehow alive) with a new morpheus and they are just doing the same steps again with a new wrapper(granted that is basically what the architect said happens, when he mentions how many interations they are already on). Maybe a future trailer will actually show something different, one can hope. I'd just rather have a movie that showed life after the final film, how zion is going, if still at war with machines etc.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I don't know, looks good at least. A soft reboot/reset was built into the franchise from the beginning; Seems like they are doing some of that here. It certainly has potential. Whether they can pull it off, since the pair of them haven't made a really good movie since the Original Matrix, remains to be seen. Maybe since its just the one Lana? I don't remember her deadname to be able to tie her into the original movie, the thinner one? It will be better? I don't care at this point, I just want them to do the concept, and the actors and our time, justice. That first movie was just so fucking good. I mean, blown away, like Star Wars in the theater for the first time when I was 6 in 1977 good.

I will say new Morpheus (same guy from Aquaman, I think?) looks awesome in the role and CAM/Trinity looked way better in this than she has in some stuff in which I have seen her lately (The last decade, I guess?).

Edit: Lana used to the the thinner/smaller one. Transition hasn't done her* chin any favors.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
look, we all know we arent gonna pay to see this shit. but we will all probably watch it, if just for the lulz. this isnt a serious movie. its just a time killer for the Christmas weekend which has fuckall around to see.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Garbage

Argarth

On the verandah
I'm kind of excited, and also kind of sad at the same time. I just know I'll pay to watch it at the Cinema, because if it's actually really good, I'll hate myself for missing out if I don't.

But then, it can't possibly be good enough, can it, really? So I'm probably going to end up hating myself anyway. Ah, such is life.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm kind of excited, and also kind of sad at the same time. I just know I'll pay to watch it at the Cinema, because if it's actually really good, I'll hate myself for missing out if I don't.

But then, it can't possibly be good enough, can it, really? So I'm probably going to end up hating myself anyway. Ah, such is life.
Wait for reviews.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean I already pay for hbomax; gonna see this for free no matter what happens. Just comes down to what I'm doing that day.

nu_11

I mean I already pay for hbomax; gonna see this for free no matter what happens. Just comes down to what I'm doing that day.
If you’re paying for HBOMax then it’s not free. Ya fucking donkey

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you’re paying for HBOMax then it’s not free. Ya fucking donkey
I pay for HBOMax for other shit, son. That means I'm not paying extra, in any capacity, to watch the new Matrix movie. Thus, I am seeing it for what is effectively free.

Were I not paying for HBOmax, if I wanted to see it, my options would be to:
Pay for HBOmax (something if I wasn't already doing, would be an extra payment)
See it in theatre (requires me to spend money beyond 0 to see it)

Nuance, son.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users