The Metal Thread

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Arch Enemy to headline this year's Summer Slaughter tour

"Summer Slaughter" 2015 tour dates feat. ARCH ENEMY, BORN OF OSIRIS, VEIL OF MAYA, THE ACACIA STRAIN, OBSCURA, AFTER THE BURIAL, CATTLE DECAPITATION, BEYOND CREATION:

July 28 - The Summit Music Hall - Denver, CO
July 30 - Val Air Ballroom - Des Moines, IA
July 31 - Skyway Theater - Minneapolis, MN
Aug. 01 - Mojoes - Joliet, IL
Aug. 02 - The Agora Theatre - Cleveland, OH
Aug. 03 - The Northland Performing Arts Center - Columbus, OH
Aug. 05 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Aug. 07 - Heavy MTL - Montreal, QC
Aug. 08 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
Aug. 09 - Starland Ballroom - Sayreville, NJ
Aug. 12 - Webster Hall - New York, NY w/ The All Stars Tour
Aug. 13 - Rams Head Live - Baltimore, MD
Aug. 15 - The International - Knoxville, TN
Aug. 17 - Gas Monkey Live! - Dallas, TX
Aug. 18 - Empire Control Room & Garage - Austin, TX
Aug. 20 - The Marquee - Tempe, AZ
Aug. 21 - House of Blues - San Diego, CA
Aug. 22 - City National Grove Of Anaheim - Anaheim, CA
Aug. 23 - The Regency Ballroom - San Francisco, CA

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wonder if Jeff Loomis can turn Arch Enemy around.. they've been so shitty for years, they used to be incredible.

Obscura fucking rules though \m/!!!!!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've been on a heavy Black Dahlia Murder kick recently. I'm not sure if that kicks me out of the metal club or not.

I've been looking for some similar styled bands (heavy melodic death/thrash/guitar solos), but not finding what I like. The biggest suggestion people always put forth is Whitechapel and they sound nothing alike and Whitechapel sounds like pure dogshit.

Can any bros help me out? I am listening to The Faceless, and while not really the same style I do enjoy their writing.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
Black Dahlia Murder are kinda melodic death metal, so you might like bands like Dark Tranquility, At the Gates, old In Flames (clayman, jester's race), The Haunted, Soilwork.

Whitechapel are deathcore, which is a different style and nothing like melo-death.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I listen to all of the bands you mentioned above (except newer The Haunted and Soilwork), guess I was looking for something new. I think BDM has some deathcore qualities which might set them apart.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
yeah, they are sort of stuck between the 2 genres. I like BDM a little bit (can't listen to it a lot), so I know it's hard to find a band exactly like them.

Suds_sl

shitlord
There's so much out there it can be tough to winnow through it to find something you like. Here are three BDM-esque possibilities, uptempo with some blast beats and distorted vocals, but you don't have to work to listen to it. I really like Destroyer 666. It's such a corny name, but I like their style.