The Metal Thread

Needless

Toe Sucker
Why you hatin on Mastodon breh?
He's pointing out the fact that its a metal group with a twerk music video, it's actual cracking me up

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit, laughed my ass off as soon as it panned to the twerkers. Song was pretty solid (wasn't a 5 minute breakdown in the middle, but 2 minutes is ok too) and this definitely feels like their "Blood and Thunder" video for this album. Great stuff.

iannis

Musty Nester
Is that passing for metal nowadays?

We used to call that Toad the Wet Sprocket, and it was not metal back then.

The twerking is funny though.

Stomplebane_sl

shitlord
Every little thing she does is magic
Everything she do just turns me on
Even though my life before was tragic
Now I know my love for her goes on

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Three days ahead of you Seventh. Seeing him in Baltimore on Monday with an old high school friend. Almost 30 years as a fan and I will finally get to see him live. So pumped....listened to Fatal Portrait through The Eye today at work.

Needless

Toe Sucker
a lot of it sounds like stone sour.. it feels really "soft", other than the devil in i, nomadic and the negative one i wasn't really all that impressed by it.
maybe it takes a couple listens

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was so pissed I missed them when they toured for Slaughter of the Soul. I remember they were opening for Morbid Angel, who I was never a big fan of and they came here on like, a Tuesday or something (I was still in high school at the time) with not much notice. It was one of those things where I said, "I'll see them next time they come through" back when Houston had a pretty decent metal scene. Four months later, they broke up
frown.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's crazy how much influence At the Gates had on metal (especially the Gothenburg sound) in such little time. I guess that's how it goes though.

Randy Rhoads and Jason Becker were much the same type of influences on guitar playing.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Caught At The Gates back in 2008 during their "Suicidal Final Tour" through the US in Chicago. Put on a great show, so glad the new album turned out as good as it did.