The Metal Thread

That is some straight up Radio Rock bullshit. Puddle of Mud would be on right after the commercial break.
But for radio rock it isn't bad, and there is very little radio rock I like. Though I'd vastly prefer circa-Leviathan Mastodon.

Just saw the new Cannibal Corpse vid. Even average Cannibal Corpse stuff is better than most death metal bands. Vid is pretty well done and and obviously riding the latest zombie-everything craze. The audible bass, vocals, and chorus remind me a bit of tracks off Deicide's Legion album.

Disp_sl

shitlord
If you haven't listened to it yet, check out that Ne Obliviscaris album. One of the best metal albums, start to finish you'll hear. Just a pure masterpiece. This song is possibly the best prog metal song I've ever heard:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that Ne Obliviscaris album is fantastic. Great follow up to their first, which is damn good too. New one is definitely the best metal album of 2014 for me.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Napalm Death, Voivod and Exhumed to join forces for Through Space and Grind tour

Dates:
Jan. 27 - Miami, FL - Grand Central*
Jan. 28 - St Petersburg, FL - State Theater*
Jan. 29 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade*
Jan. 30 - Winston-Salem, NC - Ziggy's*
Jan. 31 - Baltimore, MD - Soundstage*
Feb. 02 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theater*
Feb. 03 - Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer*
Feb. 04 - Toronto, ON - Opera House
Feb. 05 - Ottawa, ON - Maverick's
Feb. 06 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda
Feb. 07 - Worcester, MA - Palladium*
Feb. 08 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance Theater*
Feb. 09 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Ballroom*
Feb. 10 - Chicago, IL - Reggie's*
Feb. 11 - Minneapolis, MN - Amsterdam*
Feb. 12 - Winnipeg, MB - The Zoo
Feb. 13 - Regina, SK - The Exchange
Feb. 14 - Calgary, AB - Republik
Feb. 15 - Edmonton, AB - Starlite Room
Feb. 17 - Vancouver, BC - Rickshaw Theater**
Feb. 18 - Seattle, WA - Studio 7 #
Feb. 19 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theater
Feb. 20 - Oakland, CA - Metro ##
Feb. 21 - Fresno, CA - Strummers ##
Feb. 22 - Los Angeles, CA - House Of Blues
Feb. 23 - Tempe, AZ - Club Red ##
Feb. 24 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater ##
Feb. 25 - Denver, CO - Summit Music Hall ##
Feb. 26 - Lawrence, KS - Granada Theater ##
Feb. 27 - Dallas, TX - Gas Monkey ##
Feb. 28 - Houston, TX - Fitzgerald's ##

* RINGWORM
** DAYGLO ABORTIONS
# THEORIES
## PHOBIA

Holy shit this is 19 minutes of the most ridiculous technical wankery, but somehow it's catchy. Defnitely worth a listen because some of the riffs are just insane.

Surpsingly there's a lot of youtube covers of this stuff. I never knew sweeping picking arpeggios on a 10-string bass was a thing ...

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Oh+Crap.png

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
Ha, I'm listening to Black Crown Initiate right now as I opened this thread. They might be the best band you've never heard of. I was going to post some of their stuff in this thread, but looks like i won't have to
smile.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I found out yesterday that she married Mike Amott and they have a kid. I haven't really listened to them since like 2003

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
Didn't realize Nevermore was on hiatus. They are way better than Arch Enemy. The new chick in Arch Enemy is alright but she's no Angela. She's pretty, but she seems like a hot topic metal chick. She's too pretty? lol I dunno, but Angela seemed like a real metal chick. Plus the new album is pretty forgettable. Nevermore needs to make more material and less new Arch Enemy.

kick ass arch enemy

new crap

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Her voice is terrible that's for sure.

Angela came into a genre dominated by men and did better vocals than 95% of death metal vocalists... as a woman. She gained so much respect and was incredible. I saw the band live so many times with her at the front. The original singer was great too.

It seems to me that they hired this chick because Arch Enemy wants to have a chick at the front to maintain that edge, but she cannot live up to what Angela did. I agree on the hot topic remark as well.

Having Jeff Loomis is going to be awesome, but Mike Amott was never really a good guitarist to begin with. There's going to be some major polarity between the two and I'm not sure they'll mesh.