The My Mother is poor and dying thread

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Hospice care is just all around a terrible situation. I think we can all agree with that. I can't even fathom the type of person who can do it for a long time. That being said, we added a local charity hospice to our list of charities we support after our experience with granny. That particular hospice basically tells you to pay what you can, but they are strict on who they will take. I mean, you have to be circling the drain. In Granny's case, I'm not even sure they got any money because she died within a week or 2, and her Social security check went to the nursing home she had been at.

Fucking hospice care. I wish I didn't even know about it, but I wouldn't want to live in a world where it didn't exist.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Every case is going to be different, I just saw to many terrible things. I quit the day I came in after a "mandatory" three days off because I already worked 70 hours that week only to find a very old man dead for at least two days, his chart said he was given meds but rigor mortis was already mostly gone and he was starting to smell like decaying meat. So a RN came in updated his chart ,and either didn't even look at him or did and ignored him.

Damn.