The Netflix Thread

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Netflix's latest animation which lets you know repeatedly in the first 5 minutes what type of people created it.

I like to look through netflix's catalogue and marvel at all the shit I will never watch, this included.

Caliane

Netflix's latest animation which lets you know repeatedly in the first 5 minutes what type of people created it.

yeah, Nimona was Noelle stevensons's "breakout" webcomic. Noelle at the time had not gone full lunatic, but the comic 100% had all the tells. Nimona is a pyschopath lulz so random "hero".

haha. Noelle transitioned? lol. of course she did. (female to male) "ND)

Noelle later did Lumberjanes, which is even worse, and 100% more tumbler.

poster child for nepotism and getting all the comic awards for being so progressive.

executive producer for She-ra reboot.

wait, also she is married to Molly Ostertag? lol. oh god.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

This was not the Overwatch animated project I was expecting.

1688346364000.png

But good god does this look like absolute trash. This was a popular graphic novel before this? Is this a close adaptation or have they butchered everything to turn it into soygoyslop?

Oldbased

> Than U
So I finally did it. Subbed to Pedoflix for the first time in about 4 years.
First for people who don't autosub and watch it often, a neat trick is get the lowest tier then next day upgrade to tier you want.
Like I got the basic ad tier upgraded to ad free and it converted my already paid time into 2 weeks so no cost change.

I'm big on Sci-Fi. I knew Netflix had done a bunch of it but I had no idea between Fantasy/Sci-Fi there would be dozens of series I hadn't seen.
I've gone through a bunch of them binging but for me, they are all decent budget, ok actor but the story just drags or poorly written/paced.
Hopefully I find some good ones before the clock runs out.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Word is this is terrible.

I started watching One Piece not knowing there was over a 1000 episodes. I stopped soon after. It wasn't bad, but not good enough for me to watch all of that.
A live action shounen manga adaptation sucks? GTFO of here!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Never catching up on a long running series is one thing, but 20 years ago they expected you to buy a DVD for every 4-6 episodes. That was total BS.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Never catching up on a long running series is one thing, but 20 years ago they expected you to buy a DVD for every 4-6 episodes. That was total BS.
those were probably lifted right from VHS. my friend collected simpson episode box sets and they could only fit 4 episodes on each VHS. so he would have a 6 tape box set for just one season.

Goatface

remember being in suncost video and figuring out each season of babylon5 was going to cost $300 on vhs

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Just finished Bird Box Barcelona. If you don't remember, Bird Box is the movie with Sandra Bullock where something comes to Earth and if you look at it, you kill yourself - no, not a fugly tranny lol It was cool seeing Barcelona, great cinematography and I assume the budget was super low. It honestly didn't sound super interesting but in the first 10 mins there is a neat hook to the movie that is different and cool.

If you liked the first one I'd say watch this one, if you thought it was stupid this is just more of the same done cheaper and slower. Very little violence tbh for a post apocalyptic movie. The idea still sounds super dumb and A Quiet Place has a better execution but its not the worst thing I've seen on Netflix.

I am super glad this is a single 2 hour movie and not a TV series, that would have been excruciating to sit through but I appreciate being in and out of a world quickly. The ending seems clear another sequel is coming.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just finished a full binge over probably 2 weeks of both seasons of Lincoln Lawyer.

Just a solid forgettable lawyer procedural.

Not really interested in a 3rd season, but in the absence of something else interesting would probably watch. Meh.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Lorna, his assistant, was really pissing me off by the end of it. Constantly interrupting him, undermining him, and then finally culminating in calling the cops on his (just barely former) client. Doesn't matter that SHE wasn't directly retained by that women, she works at that law firm, and worked directly on her murder defense as co-counsel. She should be disbarred for that action.

Even more egregious though, was her being a snarky cunt the whole back half of the second season, way worse than I remember her being in season 1 or the first half of this season.

spronk

FPS noob

haven't watched any of the flanigan stuff but friends have raved about it, probably will hit em all in Spooktober

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
I feel like his stuff has been getting worse and worse.

The only thing of his I didnt like was Midnight Club, but he didnt write or direct much of it he was focused on Usher. His previous solo thing was Midnight Mass which I thought was fantastic

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users