The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Eh like most things it was probably a distraction from something else going on at the time. Although I'm sure there are many layers to peel that is surely one of the main ones.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lumi Lumi - Any idea "why"? if its true.
Really smart of "them" to give the crew new identities that have the same names as the old identities!

If they have the same surname it may just be that they are related enough to share genes and therefore some looks.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really smart of "them" to give the crew new identities that have the same names as the old identities!

If they have the same surname it may just be that they are related enough to share genes and therefore some looks.
I know you brits are all like "God save the Queen!" and all that bullshit. But I dont trust my government worth af and dont believe this is out of the realm of possibility for them. I just cant figure out what the point of it was, unlike the twin towers.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I know you brits are all like "God save the Queen!" and all that bullshit. But I dont trust my government worth af and dont believe this is out of the realm of possibility for them. I just cant figure out what the point of it was, unlike the twin towers.
If there was no point, then maybe it just is what it is.

The government can't be simultaneously covering this up well enough to the point that nobody has ever spoken out, but also fucking up the new identities by not changing the names.

"Hey Christa, we need to fake your death to discredit the Space Shuttle because it's too expensive and distract from a minor bad news story for the government. Yeah your entire life will be destroyed, here's $1,000,000. Also we are not going to change your name and put you in a university full of people who will know who you are because this will be the biggest news story in years. If you are exposed your life will be ruined for a second time".

Makes no sense, so rather than it being just an accident, must be interdimensional lizard jews who want to rub our noses in it right?

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Always gotta look at "who benefits?" to get the answers to who did what. I don't see the point of this one either. So many people benefited from the towers that it's like a giant game of Clue.

Edit: Actually, thinking on this more, it does make some sense to me. If they made stars out of the Challenger staff, then blew the shuttle up on purpose with no one on-board, it would serve the purpose of demoralizing people and having a high emotional impact. Makes people less enthused at all to go into space again. Our government has been downplaying space exploration for a while and defunding NASA. They despise Musk. They haven't replicated the Moon Landing despite vastly superior technology. They'll only go to the moon again if China finds ultrarare ores there and the US has to compete.

Maybe the reason for all of that is just that the government wants nothing to do with space, and Challenger was their attempt to make everyone shut up about it. It's unaffordable and there's nothing to see up there. The government doesn't traffick in curiosity and discovery.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If there was no point, then maybe it just is what it is.

The government can't be simultaneously covering this up well enough to the point that nobody has ever spoken out, but also fucking up the new identities by not changing the names.

"Hey Christa, we need to fake your death to discredit the Space Shuttle because it's too expensive and distract from a minor bad news story for the government. Yeah your entire life will be destroyed, here's $1,000,000. Also we are not going to change your name and put you in a university full of people who will know who you are because this will be the biggest news story in years. If you are exposed your life will be ruined for a second time".

Makes no sense, so rather than it being just an accident, must be interdimensional lizard jews who want to rub our noses in it right?
Bro, you're going the Goblin route by bringing that up? But yea, sure. Fuck them schnozzes, too.

BUT THATS ALSO MY POINT, CHRIS. WHICH IS WHY I ASKED THE FUCKING QUESTION, CHRIS. For fucks sake you are one dense motherfucker.

Lumi Lumi - Any idea "why"? if its true.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Actually, thinking on this more, it does make some sense to me. If they made stars out of the Challenger staff, then blew the shuttle up on purpose with no one on-board, it would serve the purpose of demoralizing people and having a high emotional impact. Makes people less enthused at all to go into space again. Our government has been downplaying space exploration for a while and defunding NASA. They despise Musk.

They haven't replicated the Moon Landing despite vastly superior technology. They'll only go to the moon again if China finds ultrarare ores there and the US has to compete.

Maybe the reason for all of that is just that the government wants nothing to do with space, and Challenger was their attempt to make everyone shut up about it. It's unaffordable and there's nothing to see up there. The government doesn't traffick in curiosity and discovery.
1) Did Challenger lead to less of the sort of missions Challenger did? No. It took a second crash to make the Government pay "hated" Musk to replace the capability.

2) Has the sort of technology used for the moon landings improved? Maybe not. Development has all been around the extreme costs, so reuseability and fuel. The equations haven't changed and it would still be radio communications, so our progress in computing is irrelevent.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Now hear me out. What if there really is nothing to see here? What could they say or show you to make "you people" believe them? I mean, I know the answer is there is nothing that would make you stop thinking that they are lying, but what if that's really the truth? They'd just keep saying nothing to see here, you'd keep saying that's what the lizard people want you to say, ad nauseum.

I need Edaw to shoop me RDJ from Tropic Thunder onto the "It's aliens" guy meme template. Just imagine that's here.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Now hear me out. What if there really is nothing to see here? What could they say or show you to make "you people" believe them? I mean, I know the answer is there is nothing that would make you stop thinking that they are lying, but what if that's really the truth? They'd just keep saying nothing to see here, you'd keep saying that's what the lizard people want you to say, ad nauseum.

I need Edaw to shoop me RDJ from Tropic Thunder onto the "It's aliens" guy meme template. Just imagine that's here.
After repeatedly spiking the water with shrooms, LSD, and DMT at my future retirement community, I'll have a hell of a lot of great content to ramble off like I'm the host of Coast2CoastAM.

Tropic Thunder GIF