The Perfect Burger Thread...

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
This is for all things hamburger related. Post photos of wonderful burgers that you make, along with your technique.

I'm actually going to make some this week and I will report my results. Haven't made any in a while, and the current derail and the one thread got me thinking about them.

Maybe we can fire up a contest. Everybody makes burgers over the course of a month or something, take photos explain the hamburger, and then we do a voting deal. I'll be curious to see what people cook up.

Hamburgers need their own thread because it's one of the most Superior foods ever in all of history.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hate faggots that say Hamburgers aren't American that they originated in Hamburg and then they show you some sad ass beef patty drenched in some sad ass gravy.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
0a3ac3d8bcf2ec94339bbc6aea514b6b.png

griddle or cast iron pan only
244566a53fc54ca8f64e1703f37ca5b9.png

• 1Barf
  • 1Dislike
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Penance

Charcoal burgers are the best.

Make the burger fat and char it up real good, medium. Top it with blue cheese and hot honey. Served on a pretzel bun.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Charcoal burgers are the best.

Make the burger fat and char it up real good, medium. Top it with blue cheese and hot honey. Served on a pretzel bun.

Man, you had me until honey. Pretzel buns are a gift from the gods, and mushrooms and blue cheese is the only correct choice of toppings.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I just went to this place called Wallys burger today and they have big ass burgers and the buns are hawaiin roles. Shit was good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I chop onions and garlic into tiny pieces and mix them into the meat. I also drizzle evoo and mix salt and pepper into it as well instead of just seasoning on top and I can say without a doubt they are the best I've ever had anywhere in my life.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Man, you had me until honey. Pretzel buns are a gift from the gods, and mushrooms and blue cheese is the only correct choice of toppings.
I'm not a big fan of pretzel buns, but blue cheese is a definite super topping for a wonderful steak like Burger. I also love sauteed mushrooms on both steaks or hamburgers.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I chop onions and garlic into tiny pieces and mix them into the meat. I also drizzle evoo and mix salt and pepper into it as well instead of just seasoning on top and I can say without a doubt they are the best I've ever had anywhere in my life.
Sausage Kielbasa GIF

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

I'm telling you don't sleep on the hot honey. Its an acidic blast the cuts through the umami of the burger and cheese to really balance out the flavors. You can also use it as glaze for maple bacon if you want.

Its the equivalent of pickled red onions and cabbage on a chicken sandwich. Really elevates it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm telling you don't sleep on the hot honey. Its an acidic blast the cuts through the umami of the burger and cheese to really balance out the flavors. You can also use it as glaze for maple bacon if you want.

Its the equivalent of pickled red onions and cabbage on a chicken sandwich. Really elevates it.
Trader Joe's sells a hot honey that we've been buying. We've been buying a lot of different seasonal seasoning blends from them because they're typically cheap, but they do a pretty good job putting out a nice product.

I'll use it on pork or chicken pretty often. I can see you mixing it with a sauce, but haven't tried glazing a burger.

You're right about the balance of sweet, heat, umami, etc. All cooking revolves around this. Doesn't mean you can't have something that's just whatever the edge, like some ultra rich macaroni and cheese. Something like that is delicious in its own way, but most things really need that balance.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
When was the last time you actually got a Big Mac that looked like that? I was probably still in grade school maybe. I don't necessarily care for fast food but sometimes I get a hankering for one of those. It really is a good hamburger when it's done right and you're not getting jipped.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
When was the last time you actually got a Big Mac that looked like that? I was probably still in grade school maybe. I don't necessarily care for fast food but sometimes I get a hankering for one of those. It really is a good hamburger when it's done right and you're not getting jipped.
Not last week let me tell you. Lolz

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user