The Power of the Dog (2021)

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Say what now?

Apparently I wasn't paying attention to shit because I have no idea what you're talking about. I was working in the shop while watching this. I thought Benedict died because he caught rabies from that little rabbit or something?
LOL

The kid served that revenge frosty cold.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Lol, yeah, you basically didn't watch the movie, haha. Definitely not one you can pay half attention to and not miss stuff.
Ok ok, I'll re-watch it from the living room couch next time.

But answer me this one question - Why is the bond between going gloveless and being a gay cowboy, other than the obvious answer of "Smoother tuggers"

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Ok ok, I'll re-watch it from the living room couch next time.

But answer me this one question - Why is the bond between going gloveless and being a gay cowboy, other than the obvious answer of "Smoother tuggers"
It was indirect. The going gloveless was a macho thing, so his hands show the work. When he gets it cut bad, he shrugs it off, like a tough guy (though that leads to the disease hide infecting him). So I think that persona is a result of him trying not to let the world see that he's gay. That's why I said it was overcompensation. He's a guy that feels cut off from connection and puts up a facade (and why he's bitter towards his brothers wife, because that was his last real connection, and he feels he chose her over him (but not in a gay way)).

Also, about to blow your mind, Bronco Henry was his first and likely only gay lover. I think that's part of why he holds that reverence and why he holds on to the cowboy life even though his family is rich, "elite" and he went to Yale.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
It was indirect. The going gloveless was a macho thing, so his hands show the work. When he gets it cut bad, he shrugs it off, like a tough guy (though that leads to the disease hide infecting him). So I think that persona is a result of him trying not to let the world see that he's gay. That's why I said it was overcompensation. He's a guy that feels cut off from connection and puts up a facade (and why he's bitter towards his brothers wife, because that was his last real connection, and he feels he chose her over him (but not in a gay way)).

Also, about to blow your mind, Bronco Henry was his first and likely only gay lover. I think that's part of why he holds that reverence and why he holds on to the cowboy life even though his family is rich, "elite" and he went to Yale.
Thanks for that. Honestly I feel like I'm not going to go back and rewatch the damn thing now. I've had more than enough of the "everyone is gay!" barrage. I'll tip the hat to Netflix for getting one in under the radar though.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This popped up on Netflix and there is buzz about it winning Oscars, so I watched it. Didn't like.

Extremely slow, tells a fucking boring story, and tries to mix in modern day issues with early 1900's life. Then, right when it seems like the characters are learning and growing, it pulls a Shamalamadingdong of an ending and goes dark.

I want my two hours back.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol I listened to that interview when it came out and I got a good laugh at that.

spronk

FPS noob
Wanted to see a couple of the oscar picks so watched Nightmare Alley last night and this tonight. No magical dog that helps teach a valuable lesson to a dumb human, 1/10.

seriously though its pretty boring and a really simple movie. Fortunately there isn't a ton of gay shit, just a few dudes swimming in creeks naked but no gay sex or anything. No creepy pedo shit either, so fairly safe to watch but really boring. Not even "this is pretty to look at, look at that awesome 1900s western landscape" most of the shots are fairly tight and not beautiful portraits.

Wouldn't bother watching, nothing great here. Go watch Yellowstone or something instead.

oh the title of the movie comes from an old testament bible verse