The PUSSY SHIT spoiler discussion thread

khalid

Unelected Mod
I really don't get why you give a shit.
I think it is just absolutely silly that promotional videos from HBO, casting information released by HBO and trailers would be deemed unacceptable to be talked about in the unspoiled thread. All this stuff is things tv-show readers like talking about and with this standard there is nowhere to talk about it at all for them.

It also irritates me that this clearly wasn't the standard set for that thread and that suddenly it has become the standard because one mod overreacted. Go back and look right before this season started. Fedor and others were linking trailers in both threads. Casting information was discussed in both threads. Promotional videos and 'Coming next week' stuff has been posted also. So don't act like this is the old standard, thats self-evident bullshit and you can easily see by going back in the thread.

Anyway, I'll wait until the current season is over and then next week Ill start a discussion in that thread about what should be considered spoilers.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Again, ignoring the argument of the 'rules' of that thread, why doyoupost there when there is a thread for people who already know all that information(which I'm assuming includes you)? I just don't understand the mindset of the book readers who want to participate in a conversation that they have to constantly monitor what they're saying.

Personally, I don't give a shit about promotional videos orevenfuture casting, but when people start reporting posts in that thread, mods start to look into it. It's a pain in the ass thread to moderate, to be honest. I try and keep my posts to the spoiler thread.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I just don't understand the mindset of the book readers who want to participate in a conversation that they have to constantly monitor what they're saying.
I like to talk about the show with people that are fans of the show. Just because someone hasn't read the books, that doesn't mean I can't have a interesting conversation with them about the show. In fact, it is somewhat refreshing to be able to talk about the show without it instantly getting derailed with book-purist silliness like "Ghost barked" or "Carice Van Houten isn't attractive enough to be Melisandre".

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Are you hoping to have a conversation with non-book readers about Oberyn Martell before the next season?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Even if TV viewers know his name and know that he was cast, there's absolutely nothing they can add to any discussion about him. At this point the non-readers know nothing of Dorn or the Martells other than the fact that they have Myrcella (if half of them even remember that).

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys are using logic when he just wants to be pedantic as fuck and whine about SOMETHING. "Oh it's silly" who gives a fuck?

khalid

Unelected Mod
"Oh it's silly" who gives a fuck?
I give a fuck because the standards listed aren't what have been enforced and it limits conversations for no reason. This isn't pedantic. I care because I think its a pretty big fucking deal that suddenly trailers and casting information are "spoilers".

Again, does any reasonable person think that this should have been banned? Note that it was freely posted before.

Should this have been banned? Note that it was freely posted before.

Now granted there isn't alot of conversation I can have on something like Diana Riggs being cast as mother Tyrell without spoiling things. Yet nonbook readers definitely spent alot of time discussing shit like that and its entertaining to read.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I find this thread interesting, but as someone who hasn't finished reading the books is it a thread I should avoid?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I give a fuck because the standards listed aren't what have been enforced and it limits conversations for no reason. This isn't pedantic. I care because I think its a pretty big fucking deal that suddenly trailers and casting information are "spoilers".

Again, does any reasonable person think that this should have been banned? Note that it was freely posted before.

Should this have been banned? Note that it was freely posted before.
Promotional material from HBO was deemed to be allowed if I recall. I think complaining about promotional material fell under the NO PUSSY SHIT clause.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So the ban on new casting information and trailers only applies to book readers? So if a tv show viewer only posts that information, it is fine?
Jesus fucking Christ, man. You're like the stupid fucking rule lawyers in a session of D&D, that end up making it completely suck for everybody. Give it a goddamn rest.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
As a non booker reader I don't want to know what characters are appearing next or wont be appearing. I want to find out about them as they appear on the show.

-insert read the books comment here-

khalid

Unelected Mod
Jesus fucking Christ, man. You're like the stupid fucking rule lawyers in a session of D&D
You are confused bro, I'm asking for some common sense to be used with the rules. The other side is arguing for some zero-tolerance rule that would ban things like promotional materials and trailers.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Movie threads have nothing to do with Game of Thrones or anything to do with the thread you feel for some reason you must crusade to be able to post things in.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You are confused bro, I'm asking for some common sense to be used with the rules. The other side is arguing for some zero-tolerance rule that would ban things like promotional materials and trailers.
The law is the law. There's no room for "grey" areas. If you cared so much, you'd post shit in the spoiler thread. This is only an issue, because you book reading fucks want to passively-aggressively spoil shit for non-book readers.

khalid

Unelected Mod
This is only an issue, because you book reading fucks want to passively-aggressively spoil shit for non-book readers.
I don't want to spoil anything for non-book viewers at all. Posting trailers and promotional materials isn't spoiling it for anyone. The vast majority of tv show fans are going to watch that shit because they are into the show. Look at the Man of Steel movie thread, how people are oohing and aahing over the "spoilers". Hell, go back in the non-spoiler GoT thread before the season starts and see people going crazy over the trailers.

You say there is no room for "grey" areas, but this isn't a grey area. Trailers and promotional shit released by HBO is vastly different than some douchenozzle saying "I can't wait till the Red Wedding!".