The Quinfall

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yes. The video above does a good summary of the sheer amount of assets that were used to make the trailer. It's all Unreal assets and animations, no sign of an actual game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
Weird choice in name.

1704712139845.png

• 1Like

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Honestly all of this shit makes me want to check out the game more. There's something enjoyable about a game that's such a dumpster fire it somehow is entertaining for a few hours.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Honestly all of this shit makes me want to check out the game more. There's something enjoyable about a game that's such a dumpster fire it somehow is entertaining for a few hours.

I got a lot of entertainment from The Day Before, at least living vicariously though Youtube with it.

Rael

Being made by a Turkish company, btw. Not sure why anyone would think this is a legit project. Don't sign up to anything or enter any personal details on their website.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The closest I check this game out, is on this forum. As Rael posted, giving this game your CC info, would not be advisable.

• 1Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Best case scenario, this "game" lures suckers in for potential cash-grab opportunities in their store(s).

Worst case scenario, they're trying to capture real-life personal info for dark webz tomfoolery.

Regardless, there's no fucking way I'm touching this shit.

• 1Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What is concerning about this, is that this is likely to happen more and more. Unreal engine has tons of fairly high quality store assets to make just about any type of games. It's also at the point where it's fairly easy to procedurally generate worlds. There's ton of code available for about any type of game mechanics, UI etc...

Add AI to the mix, it will just become easier to do scam like these. Some will probably do it well enough to actually put out enough of a game to avoid lawsuits and stuff.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The Day Before was funny, because I was like "Oh, at least they have a nice map built. They just need... stuff in it?"

And then I found out they bought the map from the Unreal store as-is basically. That's why it seemed so familiar, as it was probably a cut-and-paste from The Division or The Division 2. Those fucking nerds didn't even build the one thing about that game that looked like they put any effort into it.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Being made by a Turkish company, btw. Not sure why anyone would think this is a legit project. Don't sign up to anything or enter any personal details on their website.
It’s very confusing when a dude named Raes Raes comes along to pump a game while a dude named Rael Rael comes along to point out it is not safe to enter your info on the website

Xerge

<Donor>
At least they admit it. Decided to join the Discord and there was a faqs channel.

1704855398661.png

Last edited:

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It’s very confusing when a dude named Raes Raes comes along to pump a game while a dude named Rael Rael comes along to point out it is not safe to enter your info on the website

Was hardly a pump, it was a year ago and when I came across the trailer I thought it looked interesting and since there was no thread about it I made one and literally said it "looks interesting." My intention was simply to put it on our radar and have a place to discuss it as more information was revealed. The same reason I started the thread on Throne and Liberty. As it turns out, both games suck, for different reasons, and I'm currently 0 for 2. Thanks for the reminder. :(

• 2Worf
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 2 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
At least they admit it. Decided to join the Discord and there was a faqs channel.

View attachment 508409
"We are offering the first closed beta for free". Also, "the first closed beta is entirely covered in NDA, but wait until the next beta and you'll see!!!".

"In other words, we have previously released an MMORPG game". Also, "we launched an open beta of Kayra Online, before we shut it down because it had too many dupes and bugs and switched to Quinfall."

Chris

Potato del Grande
Guys this is going to rock, an old school Turkish MMO? I belive in this vision, hopefully I can spend several thousand on a founders pack with an ingame title to fund some bus shelter adverts.

Rael

View attachment 508409

The whole "we use ready-made asset to speed up development" argument goes out the window when you consider they're showing off those assets as promotional pics for the game on their website.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The whole "we use ready-made asset to speed up development" argument goes out the window when you consider they're showing off those assets as promotional pics for the game on their website.
No idea about these guys, but any indie team making a reasonably complex game would be delusional to NOT use as much from the asset store as they possibly can.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If I don't give them my social security number I won't get the +2% EXP Founder's Cape tho

Raes

Vyemm Raider
No idea about these guys, but any indie team making a reasonably complex game would be delusional to NOT use as much from the asset store as they possibly can.

Why stop at only using them in the game itself?

1704942268110.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users