The "Shit I just bought" thread

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Phones have watches in them now, you know?
wink.png
Seriously, I'd pawn that and buy something with more value for money than a lumb of mechanical metal around your wrist.
i think someone is jelly they never owned a watch worth more than 15$ off one of those middle of the mall racks.

real men have a nice time piece on their wrist.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
i think someone is jelly they never owned a watch worth more than 15$ off one of those middle of the mall racks.

real men have a nice time piece on their wrist.
Yes, spending a lot of money on jewelry is the pinnacle of manliness.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Did you consider bringing in a gas main and buying a tankless heater? Not sure how much you're going to save on heating costs if you're still using oil.
Our system is tankless. To add a tank system would be an extra $800-1000.
I looked into switching to natural gas before we moved into the house but it's not available at all in this area. No supply lines to speak off. So it was either stick with oil or switch to electric.

Otherwise Eomer covered everything better than I can lol.

edit: They installed the new one today. Here's a side by side comparison of the old and new. Glad we were able to get this done before winter hit.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I can't image how cool it is to have scenery like that around you all the time.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Probably a little late for a PSA, but if any of you happen to be near a Sears, this ratcheting combo set is on sale right now for 50% off for the 4th of July. Grabbed a few of them today for myself and a couple of buddies. Regularly $100, at 50% off plus military discount and no tax in NH, I ended up paying ~40/ea for them. Score!

Probably a little late for a PSA, but if any of you happen to be near a Sears, this ratcheting combo set is on sale right now for 50% off for the 4th of July. Grabbed a few of them today for myself and a couple of buddies. Regularly $100, at 50% off plus military discount and no tax in NH, I ended up paying ~40/ea for them. Score!
good stuff, I bought the SAE and Metric as separate sets on sale for $30 a piece. You scored.

I am sure this is so specialized that no one here will care, but I bought a Hutchins DF Air File about 2 weeks ago. The thing is impressive as hell.

htn-8620h.gif

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is that for removing skin tags?

Is that ratcheting wrench set only on sale yesterday? Ugh.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is that for smoothing out surfboards(or just fiberglass in general)?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I just bought one of these for my car. I have no racks on the top and didn't want to put any on it...also I din't want to have a hard top one and have it take up space in storage.

rrr_img_34579.jpg

I also got the 3 duffle bags that go in it to take up all empty space, lower noise and just makes things easier.

rrr_img_34582.jpg

Taking a road trip next week witht he wife and 3 kids, hopefully this thing does well.

Is that for smoothing out surfboards(or just fiberglass in general)?
It is for shaping and sculpting just about any media. It is designed for carriage builder level auto body and marine tooling.
You can buy a $40 air file from Napa / Harbor freight but it ain't even close

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Just ordered a swank new tent for backpacking:http://www.hilleberg.com/home/products/anjan/anjan2.php

I'll find out when it arrives how badly fucked I get on import duties. You can't buy it in Canada because apparently it doesn't meet some retarded fire safety standard, and it's a roll of the dice if you get hit with a 20% import duty.

Also ordered a sweet saw:http://www.svensaw.com/

Last time I was out with a bud he had one and I was shocked at how well it cut even fairly large logs, yet how small and light it packed up.

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bic F12. I might as well have burned my Polk Audio sub in the campfire. Compared to this sub, it sounds like a boombox.
Also finally got a real dolby digital amp after years of using a home theatre in the box. Its not onkyo or anything, just Pioneer, but we dont have a very big tv room so it kills enough for us. I really like that it has this mic you hookup when you do your initial setup, it sets your channels up according to the space. Great for the first night when you dont know much yet.

Ps sorry about the 2 pics realized the first was sideways, cant figure out how to get ride of it

kidRiot_sl

shitlord
Dude what do you do for a living?! Whatever it is, it looks dope. It looks like you're somewhere in the Australian country side.

I only ask because I'm currently a student sort of drifting, and would love to be outside damn near all day.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just ordered a swank new tent for backpacking:http://www.hilleberg.com/home/products/anjan/anjan2.php

I'll find out when it arrives how badly fucked I get on import duties. You can't buy it in Canada because apparently it doesn't meet some retarded fire safety standard, and it's a roll of the dice if you get hit with a 20% import duty...
Did you really shell out $570+20% import on this thing? Jeez.

I recently went tent shopping online and looked at all kinda of crazy setups costing $200-$300 and eventually settled and said fuck it and bought a Coleman from Amazon for $45.
http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Sundom...6437866&sr=1-7
615OAxRCOPL._SL1200_.jpg