The "Shit I just bought" thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Got my wife a nespresso machine for having our baby - i'm fucking kicking myself for not getting one years ago

went with the vertuoplus that came with the aeroccino 3 milk frother - it's such an insane step up from k-cups and cheap brew coffee

my buddy has a 3k auto expresso/coffee machine (one of the hard core ones) and while it's better, the nespresso comes pretty dang close especially with what you can do with the separate frother
i made a post on dezcal cleaner a while back

also related nespresso talk after

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i made a post on dezcal cleaner a while back

also related nespresso talk after

how do you get dezcal to run through the nespresso? Do they have a hold button to just pump X ounces through the system option? I didn't read the manual

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Curious, what does it do that a regular pot + water on a stove does not? I don’t eat that much rice though.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hahaha, priceless, Lanx Lanx . He meets the bbc woman in the latest video too. Bwaahaha.
if you cook rice w/ sauce pan and youre not asian youre eating rice wrong

while it's been over 25years since i've cooked rice in a saucepan, i would do it better than anyone on the forum still, but thats b/c i cooked rice every night for 10 years when i was a kid.

i've detailed elsewhere on how youre supposed to cook rice w/ a saucepan, the asian way, the correct way.

but you don't need to, a basic 30$ rice cooker will net you the same results as an asian using a sauce pan to cook rice (not a white person, white ppl will fuck up rice on stove)

if you want to move up from a basic rice cooker, well then you follow @Dom and you get a zojirushi, it won't be mind blowing but it'll be

rice cooked with saucepan by asian 7/10

30$ rice cooker 7.5/10

zojirushi 9/10

white guy with sauce pan 1/10

do zoji's get crazy expensive? yes, i paid a bit more for my model b/c it has a jasmine rice setting, is there a difference? i believe maybe it lets the water soak in more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
if you cook rice w/ sauce pan and youre not asian youre eating rice wrong

while it's been over 25years since i've cooked rice in a saucepan, i would do it better than anyone on the forum still, but thats b/c i cooked rice every night for 10 years when i was a kid.

i've detailed elsewhere on how youre supposed to cook rice w/ a saucepan, the asian way, the correct way.

but you don't need to, a basic 30$ rice cooker will net you the same results as an asian using a sauce pan to cook rice (not a white person, white ppl will fuck up rice on stove)

if you want to move up from a basic rice cooker, well then you follow @Dom and you get a zojirushi, it won't be mind blowing but it'll be

rice cooked with saucepan by asian 7/10

30$ rice cooker 7.5/10

zojirushi 9/10

white guy with sauce pan 1/10

do zoji's get crazy expensive? yes, i paid a bit more for my model b/c it has a jasmine rice setting, is there a difference? i believe maybe it lets the water soak in more.
Slanty cooks rice the incorrect way. Risotto is superior in every way conceivable

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Slanty cooks rice the incorrect way. Risotto is superior in every way conceivable
buy your bitch a zojirushi, she'll love it
0e169455d476a10faf0156b87c6463bb.png

this is the one i got cuz it has the jasmine rice setting, you could also use that setting for basmati as well

Zojirushi NP-HCC10XH Induction Heating System Rice Cooker and Warmer, 1 L, Stainless Dark Gray

would i ever cook arborio rice in a rice cooker? no you have to stir to break up that starch and get the creaminess of a good risotto

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Why wouldn't you buy the bigger 1.8l for less?
dude it's amazon
1f33ad2de0b5938f6da458d7b77f9ebb.png

you can buy the stainless dark brown one for 272 or 974 for the full stainless

but yea go buy the 1.8 then, these newer models is just taller, the older ones were wider and taller

• 1Worf

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
White guy who fucks up rice on the stove checking in. Bought my rice cooker 10 years ago, one of the best kitchen purchases I ever made.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
whats your new ride?
I am sorry, don't think I answered this. It's just a Skoda Octavia Combi with 116 HP TDI. Looks fancy, drives nicely. Fits the kids seats and the roof box. Large enough trunk. Great MPG. Nice "luxury" like ACC, the "bigger" nav/radio (no CD slot lol), heated seats, panorama sunroof, etc

I also bought a Volkswagen e-up for delivery in Q2/2021 which has all the options (it has very few options to tick off, sadly). Planning to put a KW suspension and nice rims on that. A bit overboard maybe but I've already looked me up some O.Z. Superturismo, just have to decide on the size. Probably 7x15 with 195/50R15. Not too over the top.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Dunno where else to put this but the "Norton Shopping Guarantee" actually works if you come across it, or it did for me. Purchased something for $199 and price dropped to $169 within a week so I filed a claim for it. Once I had proof the price had dropped they paypal'd me money within 3 days.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I need a counter top microwave. Lots of stuff on the market seems to be shitty compromises. Anyone have suggestions?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Pasta or potatoes are infinitely better than rice unless you Charlie Lanx Lanx with maggot infested rice trying to fight off the US brown water navy from a hole in the jungle.

I like cultural diversity.

In the kitchen.

Pls no ban

• 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Is there a smart vac on the market that can either handle carpets with tassels or I can mark on it to either avoid that specific carpet or avoid where the tassles are on the carpet?