The Spring 2019 Anime Thread

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Seeing this thread I realized that it's been a long while since I saw an anime serie. I saw several things back in 2009 (Magnitude 8.0, Eden of the East, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) and since then.... probably just Kids on the Slope and Space Dandy. I'll probably catch up the Watanabe shows (Terror in Resonance, Carole & Tuesday), but.... any recommendations from these past few years? Also feature films, because I only saw a handful in the past decade (the two Eden of the East, the Ghiblis, the Hosodas - though not the latest - , and the Shinkais....). Are they done with these Berserk movies that were retelling the serie?
I really liked these :

Re Zero
Goblin Slayer
One Punch Man
Attack on Titans
Log Horizon
Seirei No Moribito
Moonlight Mile
Made in Abyss

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Seeing this thread I realized that it's been a long while since I saw an anime serie. I saw several things back in 2009 (Magnitude 8.0, Eden of the East, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) and since then.... probably just Kids on the Slope and Space Dandy. I'll probably catch up the Watanabe shows (Terror in Resonance, Carole & Tuesday), but.... any recommendations from these past few years? Also feature films, because I only saw a handful in the past decade (the two Eden of the East, the Ghiblis, the Hosodas - though not the latest - , and the Shinkais....). Are they done with these Berserk movies that were retelling the serie?

to get you back into it
Kimi no Na wa.
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Boku no Hero Academia
One Punch Man
Angel Beats!

if you have time
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9989/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_wo_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
i'm going on vacay in a few weeks, so stockpiling on readings, is that the newer translations?
They're the "official translation" that you pay for. I found someone that puts them online for free, so I've been (slowly) reading them and error correcting everything odd to make it read MUCH better. I'm pretty OCD and it's taking a while, but I'm happy with the results. The last 3 issues have taken me forever to do, where as the first few were a day each. So I'm going to have to go through them again later and correct that as well. You can also find all of them for free online if you wanna go that route, but these aren't corrected.

Just click on the Only I Level Up links.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have a lot of shows that I really like. Most are action, but You watch all kinds of shit so I'll just list everything I have saved on my PC.

These are Action series.
Ajin - About "Demi Humans". People that can't die. Technically they always were people (families and everything), but upon their death, they re-awaken. Tons of action.
Boku no Hero Academia - 50% of all people have super powers. This kid is a HUGE fan of the world's strongest hero and can't wait, but his powers never unlock. Now what? This show is incredible.
DanMachi - Guy lives in another world that has adventurers that fight in a dungeon. They actually earn experience and gain levels in this real world. The story focuses on a failure of a house that has the best adventurer.
Darling in the FranXX - It's a giant mech show where guy/girl combo are needed to pilot the suit, and you pretty much have to fuck to do it. Dumb concept, but great show.
Goblin Slayer - Action. Goblins are the easiest creatures, and this guy is a badass killer that HUNTS THEM DOWN at all costs.
Gundam Build Fighters - Show about these Gundam models they sell in store. Building a model will allow you to pilot it in this VR game system, and everyone battles each other with their self-built model Gundams.
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - Pulled into another world, but people don't remember their real lives. The story focuses on a team that really isn't good at anything. They SUCK. Huge newbs, but good story.
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu - This guy is a "Demon Lord" in a game, and hugely powerful. He gets summoned to another world to be the super powerful demon lord over there with a harem of chicks.
Log Horizon - It's another action stuck in the game type of show. I really like the creativity.
Made in Abyss - Fucked up show about kids going into a cave and just getting horribly maimed.
No Game No Life - Summoned to a new world where EVERY dispute is settled with a game. The 2 summoned people have never lost a game before.
One-Punch Man - This guy is super OP. You may have guessed by his name, but he can beat any bad guy with a single punch.
Re Creators - Show about all these manga, anime, game and light novel characters coming to life in the real world. I really liked the concept of this one.
Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - I don't even know how to describe it, except it's a GREAT show. Kid somehow appears in a new world and has to figure out what's going on. A few "Best Girl"s in this show.
Sword Art Online - Hands down the most well known "stuck in a game" style show. It rules. Everyone loves the best girl, Asuna.
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - Shield Hero was summoned to another world as a hero. Everyone shits on him, so how does he figure it out?
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - This guy gets killed IRL and reawakens in another world as a slime NPC. And he somehow gets really strong. Fun show.
The Irregular at Magic High School - I watched this a long time ago, but I don't remember much about it. I really liked it though, which is why I saved it.

Here are some drama series.
Ballroom e Youkoso - A show about a high school kid that joins a Dance Studio and learns how to ballroom dance.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - Story about this piano prodigy that can't play after his mom died. And this girl with a violin that brings him out of his depression.
Shokugeki no Soma - Cooking show. THE BEST SHOW!

Sports series.
Baby Steps - Show about high school Tennis. This kid is a HUGE nerd, and he turns Tennis into a game of math, and starts to dominate.
Haikyuu!! - Show about a high school indoor volley ball team. Such a great series.
Initial D - All about car racing with street cars.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Carole and Tuesday is also top quality shit bruhs. Been a long time since I had like 4 series to watch in a season.
  • OPM
  • Fruits Basket
  • Carole and Tuesday
  • Demon Hunter
  • Shield Hero carryover.
EDIT: Carole and Tuesday is high quality stuff man. Interesting story, top quality animation. It's up there with Demon Hunter for the season.
Where are you getting Carole & Tuesday from?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Xarpolis Xarpolis i wish i could upvote you more for not forgetting about baby steps.

Might wanna change the desciption of your lie in april. Thats huge spoiler territory.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lots of amazing shows already mentioned, but I'll add these:

Parasite
Fate Zero
Unlimited Blade Works
Overlord
Saga of Tanya the Evil
Alice & Zoroku
Land of the Lustrous
Bunnygirl Senpai (possibly best "best girl" ever, after Rem)
Hinamatsuri
Violet Evergarden
Devilman Crybaby
Megalobox

Watching all those should make anyone happy.

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
second tanya the evil and bunny girl senpai. two great great shows.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Bunnygirl Senpai (possibly best "best girl" ever, after Rem)
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai.
Yeah, that show was great. The girl was awesome, but more than that, the MC guy was awesome. He wasn't a pussy bitch that was afraid of girls. I have the whole thing saved on my flashdrive for my TV. Guess I should copy it back to the computer...

Violet Evergarden was a great show. It's action yet also emotional.

The story is this ex-soldier chick that lost her hands in the war. She's gorgeous. She gets this new career as a "Doll". Pretty much a girl that types letters for people to get a message across to someone else if they aren't able to bring up the courage to talk in the first place. It was a very solid show. The action is Violet's backstory. The rest is drama / emotional.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
THAT episode of OPM was fuckin fantastic!!
aaaa.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Latest manga hit today too. At least on mangastream. Was also pretty tits.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty