Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Undoing

Genre: Drama, Crime, Mystery

First aired: 2020-10-25

Creator: David E. Kelley

Cast: Nicole Kidman, Hugh Grant, Edgar Ramírez, Noah Jupe, Lily Rabe, Matilda De Angelis, Ismael Cruz Córdova, Edan Alexander, Michael Devine, Donald Sutherland

Overview: Grace and Jonathan Fraser are living the only lives they ever wanted. Overnight a chasm opens in their lives: a violent death and a chain of terrible revelations. Left behind in the wake of a spreading and very public disaster, Grace must dismantle one life and create another for her child and her family.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
No thread for this?

Fairly typical HBO whodunnit one off (I presume), reminded me of `The Night Of" with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Watched it last week with the wife. Good build up, poor payoff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Basically. The entire show is red herrings. Everything feels pointless by the end.

not really I never felt
directed towards anyone as a possible suspect, it's not like your typical whodunnit - the twist was that he had done it along and she set him up to fall

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I hated it because everything but the story was top notch. Acting, atmosphere, tone, and pacing were all good.

Lenas Lenas is exactly right; there were no twists or turns, just red herrings that were never really dwelled upon except to drive an episode forward or leave one as a cliffhanger. The 'reveal' was so pedestrian that they should have just showed us the murder in the first 5 minutes and then continued the show exactly as it played. Then, it would have been a drama about betrayal and secrets instead of a milquetoast mystery.

• 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
not really I never felt
directed towards anyone as a possible suspect, it's not like your typical whodunnit - the twist was that he had done it along and she set him up to fall

Almost every episode aims to focus you on someone or something and make you doubt. I agree with the above - the show should have been about the characters being in the dark, not the audience.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Almost every episode aims to focus you on someone or something and make you doubt. I agree with the above - the show should have been about the characters being in the dark, not the audience.

no, not the in the way other "whodunnits" throw up a new suspect constantly. I mean apart from the husband and Kidman (who was insta ruled out in opening scene of episode after the photo reveal, and even then - Kidman as a suspect only works if they introduced some amnesia type shit)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
no, not the in the way other "whodunnits" throw up a new suspect constantly. I mean apart from the husband and Kidman (who was insta ruled out in opening scene of episode after the photo reveal, and even then - Kidman as a suspect only works if they introduced some amnesia type shit)

They also made you think the kid maybe did it when she finds the hammer in his instrument case.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Could have been great, but that would have required writers doing more than copy/paste the same old story with new character names. Better option:
Wife had been involved with corpse before the husband and she kills her out of jealousy. She has been setting husband up the entire time. Use unreliable narrator to explain the locker room scene etc.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Liked it. I also liked the fact it wasn't 605 episodes and long and drawn out.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Fell asleep during first episode. Do I want to continue the show?

I liked it after that as thing got heated up. But I liked the acting as well - and the mystery of the story. If you can watch episode 2 and hang in there through Episode 3 it starts to pick up but I would say if after Episode 3 you aren't feeling it, you won't like it I would imagine. Maybe try "Your Honor".

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database