The Video Thread

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wat?!? That's pure unadulterated V8 sound, not some fartbox cans on a ricegrinding 4 cylinder!

It doesn't look like he spent much money on anything outside of the engine (obviously not on door latches or seat belts). Straight pipes or cutouts are cheap and add some HP, but get rather annoying on a daily driver. With the condition of that car, I would assume he just has rusted out pipes or took a sawzall to it.

I can appreciate vehicles with no mufflers and a aggressive cam, when on the track, but it gets tiresome being around them while sitting in rush hour traffic. It also kinda depends on the car. Sitting next to a supercar and hearing a $100K+ running next to you, is much more tolerable than that jacked up truck with glass packs or a civic with just about anything other than stock exhaust.

A mid 70s Camaro is a decent base to set up a fast drag racing car and can still look like it is street legal enough to drive it back and forth to the track (instead of needing a truck and trailer).

Here is a V10 at high RPM:
You are an absolute flatfooted 75 iq retard if a car making a lot of noise while not moving is pleasing to you.

I really do what wonder what the cartards will do when EVs eventually take over the world and theres no more engine/exhaust sounds to get off to. God that will be a wonderful day you never have to hear the retarded doucehbags of the world driving their shitboxes down the road.

• 3Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Burns

You are an absolute flatfooted 75 iq retard if a car making a lot of noise while not moving is pleasing to you.

I really do what wonder what the cartards will do when EVs eventually take over the world and theres no more engine/exhaust sounds to get off to. God that will be a wonderful day you never have to hear the retarded doucehbags of the world driving their shitboxes down the road.

Any noise can be music to the right ear, old man.

I take it you have never been in a fast car and experienced the g forces of high speed turns, a 500+ horsepower launch on a perfect hook, or a wide open throttle to 140+ mph on a straight away, eh? The sound and smell bring back good memories of such experiences and the rumble of an unmufflered vehicle is part of that. I actually like the low gargle of a high horsepower v8, v10, or v12 at idle more than when it is at high rpm. It's the sound of anticipation and pent up power.

That said, I don't care for loud cars on the street unless they are special loud cars, like a classic muscle car, or a supercar. If I were to put aftermarket mufflers on my car, it would be ones with remote straight pipes (active exhaust), to turn on and off, when going to from the track to the street.

As for electric cars, I am fine with it, as you can also get high performance out of them, if you want it. I'd imagine it's just a different experience.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
JFC, that is some abysmal training. No attempt at controlling the head from top position, controlling the arms while the partner is on the legs, or taking the back during any of the 500 available opportunities. 0/10, fire whoever designed whatever course they're taking.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
JFC, that is some abysmal training. No attempt at controlling the head from top position, controlling the arms while the partner is on the legs, or taking the back during any of the 500 available opportunities. 0/10, fire whoever designed whatever course they're taking.

Not even a big dude at that. I mean I expect someone my size to be hard as fuck to keep down, but this dude?