The Walking Dead

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Zombie killing quota met for the season, predicting nobody kills a zombie next episode.. time to get touchy feely and get some new char back stories.... :/

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
My girlfriend and I quit on this show at the beginning of last season because it was Sons of Anarchy levels of bad. Has it picked up?
I don't even watch SoA, but I've caught glimpses occasionally, seems fine and it's a relatively popular show. If that's your yardstick for 'worst show' then I don't see how you'd ever enjoy anything other then the best shows ever (i.e. wire, breaking bad).

Cybsled

I'm pretty sure at least 1 zombie dies an episode. Even the crappy, almost no action happens at all episodes features at least one zombie kill.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I don't even watch SoA, but I've caught glimpses occasionally, seems fine and it's a relatively popular show. If that's your yardstick for 'worst show' then I don't see how you'd ever enjoy anything other then the best shows ever (i.e. wire, breaking bad).
I'm pretty busy and don't watch a ton of TV so I try and stick to the good stuff. All I'm watching right now is Bourdain, Boardwalk Empire and AHS. I swore after Dexter I wouldn't stick around with shitty shows solely because of time invested.

Cybsled

Btw, if you watched the Talking Dead afterwards, they confirmed that the "greeter lady"/Tasha Yar was Garret's mother and the dude that Rick had hostage and got killed at the end of last season and who was on the butcher's table this season was Garret's brother. Also, the rape dude in the flashbacks was the crazy dude they let out of the cargo thing during their escape.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Holy shit, was that first episode...actually kinda decent, for TWD standards? Or am I just still numb from watching The Fault in our Stars.

edit: shit, just saw there was another longer thread, cell phone surfing sucks.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I was a little worried downy Bill Hicks was going to roll up a sleeve, show some scar, and talk about how he got bitten and didn't turn. Only saving grace to that would be if he got shot right as the door opened.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Really strong first episode. But, in typical TWD fashion, the first one or two episodes of a season and the last are always pretty good then the middle is just absolute and complete shit. So I'm still not holding my breath for a consistant season.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I was a little worried downy Bill Hicks was going to roll up a sleeve, show some scar, and talk about how he got bitten and didn't turn. Only saving grace to that would be if he got shot right as the door opened.
I said this exact same thing to my GF when we were watching. "Oh he probably got bit and didn't turn! Its in his blood"

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
lol @ downy Bill Hicks.

While this episode was decent, I'm with Tenks. A good intro won't much matter if the next 8 episodes are the usual crap.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well, we know they won't get more than 10 miles from Terminus, so fat Bill Hicks will have to die or be outed as a loony fraud before too long.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
the dude that Rick had hostage and got killed at the end of last season and who was on the butcher's table this season was Garret's brother.
I don't remember this. The last season part. I noticed Rick pay special attention to the dude dead on the table, so figured it meant something. Last season was just too long ago.

Cybsled

Last season Rick + friends walk into Terminus and they do the whole "lol hi, welcome!", then Rick sees Glenn's watch and Daryl's poncho (which Maggie had been using), so he takes the dude who was greeting them hostage and demands where they got it. When Garrett sees what is going down, he gives some type of order, to which the hostage/brother goes "Garrett, no!!" and then he gets headshot. Then they do the whole herding them to the train car.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Last season Rick + friends walk into Terminus and they do the whole "lol hi, welcome!", then Rick sees Glenn's watch and Daryl's poncho (which Maggie had been using), so he takes the dude who was greeting them hostage and demands where they got it. When Garrett sees what is going down, he gives some type of order, to which the hostage/brother goes "Garrett, no!!" and then he gets headshot. Then they do the whole herding them to the train car.
Ahh. Gotcha. Thanks.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have to say the most dark episode was the one with the two girls last season. Man that was harsh. The big sister that kills the younger one and then the old lady offs the older one cause shes fucking insane? That was almost a tearjerker for me. Pretty fucking dark if you ask me.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I understand this is a TV show and everything, but you'd have to be a pretty giant group of nerds to resort to cannibalism a year and 1/2 into an apocalypse that wipes out 90% of the rest of humanity. I understand they were just supposed to be evil, but you could have probably created more interesting and less polarizing villains by just having that group murder everyone they lure into their camp, especially considering what we see they have gone through previously. I may even understand that mentality, but eating people that quickly is just silly.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it is more than plausible, society goes to shit quick in the wake of a disaster.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
It is one thing to say "Fuck other people! Nobody gets in here, shoot them on sight!" but turning the whole setup into a psycho cannibalism gig instead is just ridiculous. Which is why I hope there won't be anymore terminus flashbacks; those people had it rough without a doubt and every right to shoot the fuckers who attacked them.

Doesn't justify the honeypot/human jerky though.