The White Lotus

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
You didn't watch Legion on FX? That might be my favorite Aubrey Plaza acting job. She has been in ton of shit, she is quirky, weird and freaky in the most wholesome/sexy way possible. I think she is an awesome actor and I also find her to be really attractive. I think my attraction to her has increased over the years the more I have seen her in shows/interviews etc.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Interesting thing about her is she's Puerto Rican and Irish. Like, her mom is from Ireland Irish. 0 chance she doesn't have an omega temper.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You didn't watch Legion on FX? That might be my favorite Aubrey Plaza acting job. She has been in ton of shit, she is quirky, weird and freaky in the most wholesome/sexy way possible. I think she is an awesome actor and I also find her to be really attractive. I think my attraction to her has increased over the years the more I have seen her in shows/interviews etc.

1670292391634.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Like I said it's a highly nuanced and balanced take on wokeness, having characters that promote woke ideas and characters that don't. The woke characters aren't idealised and are just as flawed as the rest

The nuance is probably too subtle for most here
STOP JUDGING EVERYTHING BASED ON WOKENESS AND JUST WATCH THE FUCKING SHOWS.

I'll even give you special exemptions for Star Wars and Star Trek just to be fair TO YOUR GOD DAMN AUTISM.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
STOP JUDGING EVERYTHING BASED ON WOKENESS AND JUST WATCH THE FUCKING SHOWS.

The nuance is probably too subtle for most here

Are you taking the piss or something? Or did you just totally misinterpret what I wrote? or you are just someone else who doesn't understand the show?

The inability to distinguish the nuance, and thus fall into "OMG IT'S SO WOKE" was the reason I gave for most people not watching it. I don't include myself in that.

christ.

I am not autistic

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The show isn't woke, but some of the characters are. And so far those characters look like fuckfaces. I was some dude I never have never seen on here named hory hory and Brodhi Brodhi who I unfortunately seen on here that were on the woke train.

The Hory dude said if your white and like the show you are part of the problem. What the cling terrible take, seemed like a comment you would make when you are trying to impress the boards Hug Club.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The show isn't woke, but some of the characters are. And so far those characters look like fuckfaces. I was some dude I never have never seen on here named hory hory and Brodhi Brodhi who I unfortunately seen on here that were on the woke train.

The Hory dude said if your white and like the show you are part of the problem. What the cling terrible take, seemed like a comment you would make when you are trying to impress the boards Hug Club.

a) Complaining about Wokeness is common on this forums TV/movie boards
b) sometimes it's justified, sometimes it isn't.
c) White Lotus is partly a social commentary about woke themes: privilege, gender etc
d) It doesn't explicitly take a side or push a narrative. All characters have their flaws.
e) the nuance of d) is what is lost on the big brain takes that Oblio Oblio referred to - and perhaps why it doesn't get more discussion here.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
a) Complaining about Wokeness is common on this forums TV/movie boards
b) sometimes it's justified, sometimes it isn't.
c) White Lotus is partly a social commentary about woke themes: privilege, gender etc
d) It doesn't explicitly take a side or push a narrative. All characters have their flaws.
e) the nuance of d) is what is lost on the big brain takes that Oblio Oblio referred to - and perhaps why it doesn't get more discussion here.
I have no problem complaining about something being woke if it is actually woke. I just don't say things are woke to be edgy. I can also imagine an 🍎 so I am able to enjoy the nuance. I guess simple minds like to keep things simple.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show isn’t woke. Woke is agenda pushing. This show does a great job of portraying the real world. In a group of people you will have all these different personalities. This show is just showing assholes being assholes.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
This show isn’t woke. Woke is agenda pushing. This show does a great job of portraying the real world. In a group of people you will have all these different personalities. This show is just showing assholes being assholes.
you're a terrible barometer for something being woke or not. good or not. you say everything is amazing or decent or worth watching. maybe you said you were tepid or meh on one or two things?

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
you're a terrible barometer for something being woke or not. good or not. you say everything is amazing or decent or worth watching. maybe you said you were tepid or meh on one or two things?

Animosity Animosity has great taste. He always signal boosts my threads. This is proof that he has great taste.

• 1Worf

Animosity

Theres plenty of shit on here that I have said I dont like. But thanks for always remembering my recommendations.

Animosity

I thought it was a good ending. It fit with how the flow of the show is.

I didnt expect Tanya to die. Especially with the way she died. Being an idiot and thinking she had to jump off the boat instead of just going to the back and climbing down. It was pretty obvious from the start that Alby was gonna be scammed by the hooker. Glad that soyboy cuck got what he deserved.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Fantastic season.

Could you imagine tho .. if they didn't tease the deaths at the start of these shows. The show depends on us trying to figure out who is gonna die and why.

One of the best seasons of anything in 2022