Theater Chain Death Watch? Chapter 11s inc

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Standing Up Yes GIF by SAG Awards

I'll mist theatres, kind of, when they are gone but at the same time I haven't gone in a couple years, at least 1.5, and don't really feel an overwhelming desire to go again. Part of that is that no movies seem worth the effort or price.

I don't pirate much anymore, just watch shit on Prime, Netflix, Disney+. Once rarbg went down and then we moved it just became too inconvient but if these companies keep going the way they are going pirating will become the more convient option. Is it just me or all of these apps ui's getting worse?

Ok Boomer

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm trying to come up with another example of an "insult" in this same category as "ok boomer".

An "insult" that immediately brings contempt for the speaker and solidarity with the target.

I guess calling people "breeders" as an insult is the closest thing I can come up with, but its used far less commonly. Always funny/sad in any case.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
if you have a cinemark near you for 10 weeks they will be doing kids movies for $1.75 a ticket, decent kids movies in the list too

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'm in Australia also . . . never seen any hot butter dispenser thing either.

On topic, I only got around to watching the RLM cinema death video last night. I agree with most of their points. That the movie industry is locked into a mindset now of having everything rely on the huge mega-budget blockbuster to draw people in. And that its not a sustainable business model.

As they said in the video, one of the fixes for the problem would be to change the release window(s).

Years back something was in the cinema, then it was a year or more before anything was on home video. And then on top of that the video rental places would have their slow move down the "must see now" stages - new release ( single night rental - kinda pricey ) then over a few months down to regular weekly

One of the only fixes I can see for the current decline of cinema is to go back to a much larger delay before any home media / streaming release.

Which will be kinda fucked by cam vids and digital piracy of course.
The studios need to go to back to having blu ray release 6 months after theatrical release, and treat streaming as a tertiary source of income. They are all losing their asses on streaming with no payoff. None of these people understand that giving away a new movie for free puts a massive dent in profits.

You aren't missing a thing about American buttered popcorn. It is the nastiest shit imaginable.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The studios need to go to back to having blu ray release 6 months after theatrical release, and treat streaming as a tertiary source of income. They are all losing their asses on streaming with no payoff. None of these people understand that giving away a new movie for free puts a massive dent in profits.

You aren't missing a thing about American buttered popcorn. It is the nastiest shit imaginable.
Are they? Obviously the theaters are taking the piss, but it seems like the studios would not sell the streaming rights if there was no profit?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

It smells good if you aren't around it much, but I know people who worked in theaters back in the day and they said it becomes an unimaginable stink after working a shift. It gets on your clothes and in your hair and it's hard to wash the smell off.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I’ve always found the theater “butter” disgusting. Fresh popped with the flavocol stuff already on it is fine. The fake butter shit they pump on the popcorn doesn’t taste like butter anyways and just makes your hands all greasy

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
It smells good if you aren't around it much, but I know people who worked in theaters back in the day and they said it becomes an unimaginable stink after working a shift. It gets on your clothes and in your hair and it's hard to wash the smell off.
That must have been hell.

I haven't been to a theater in eons. End up stinking like popcorn even if don't buy any because people are pigs and got that shit everywhere.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Interesting - hopefully that means the quality ends up being closer to what it used to be. Studios are trying get people to go back to the theaters, so curious how they’ll try to leverage that into that strategy