Those Who Wish Me Dead (2021)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Those Who Wish Me Dead (2021)

Tagline: Nature finds a way.

Genre: Thriller, Drama, Action

Director: Taylor Sheridan

Cast: Angelina Jolie, Finn Little, Aidan Gillen, Nicholas Hoult, Medina Senghore, Jon Bernthal, Tyler Perry, Jake Weber, Tory Kittles, Lora Martinez-Cunningham, Laura Niemi, Dylan Kenin, Howard Ferguson Jr., Jacob Browne, Rene Herrera, Alison Grainger, Alma Sisneros, David Phyfer, David Hight, Jesus Cris Acosta, James Rishe, James Jordan, Matt Medrano, Sofia Embid, Stephanie Hill

Release: 2021-05-05

Runtime: 100

Plot: A teenage murder witness finds himself pursued by twin assassins in the Montana wilderness with a survival expert tasked with protecting him - and a forest fire threatening to consume them all.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Discounted it because I don't like Angelina Jolie but then I saw it was done by Taylor Sheridan.

Anyone watch it yet? HBO Max.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fucking great, just like all of Sheridans movies. The guy is a great writer, maybe the best in the biz.... Some of the scenarios were kind of over the top but he mostly pulls them off. Can't wait to see what he does next.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Discounted it because I don't like Angelina Jolie but then I saw it was done by Taylor Sheridan.

Anyone watch it yet? HBO Max.
I turned it off halfway through...if that far. It's trash. It's a garbage can full of tired old plots and character development tropes that went out of style in the 70's. Beyond that, it's lazy. Script is lazy, cinematography is lazy. AJ seems to be heavily medicated throughout and can no longer cloak her lack of acting ability with her tits.

The script comes across as a frenetic last minute rewrite...no one wanted to share screen time with AJ so they had to refire the script with a kid. The kid himself is about as interesting as a prolapsed rectum.

In the end, AJ cannot carry a movie without her tits, and I got the sense that her home address is the same address of her local methadone clinic.

Perhaps she should stick to abducting negroind children from Africa instead of trying to revive the corpse of her movie career.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I turned it off halfway through...if that far. It's trash. It's a garbage can full of tired old plots and character development tropes that went out of style in the 70's. Beyond that, it's lazy. Script is lazy, cinematography is lazy. AJ seems to be heavily medicated throughout and can no longer cloak her lack of acting ability with her tits.

The script comes across as a frenetic last minute rewrite...no one wanted to share screen time with AJ so they had to refire the script with a kid. The kid himself is about as interesting as a prolapsed rectum.

In the end, AJ cannot carry a movie without her tits, and I got the sense that her home address is the same address of her local methadone clinic.

Perhaps she should stick to abducting negroind children from Africa instead of trying to revive the corpse of her movie career.

That in mind-- I'm going to do FOH a solid on this one.

If you want the movie to just pop open, and rocking, and get rolling,

start it at 31:00 minutes in

The blanks will fill themselves in, and all you miss is very weak character development of pretty dry miscast vanilla wooden characters. You'll also save yourself 31 minutes of your life.

Thank me later.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Friend tried a straight watch, offered him the 'rebb cut, and he declined.

It got shut off straight up. The tropes and weak characters can't be overcome with the 'rebb cut.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow this was dumb and was just full of so much stuff that made no logical sense.

Plus AJ is grossly skinny and an awful actor.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database