Titanfall

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have not been this excited for a shooter release since UT'04 and that game was dope.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Way back in the day, I bought the xbox based upon the trailers/ads I had seen for Halo. I never regretted that decision. After watching the gameplay trailer for this game, I am now seriously thinking about getting an xbox one just for this....who am I kidding, I'm getting it.
It's going to be on PC...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The trailers for this game look great and mech fights are excellent science fiction.

What concerns me with this game is that I don't think the kind of gameplay in the trailer is going to be optimal gameplay. It's tough for me to explain correctly but I feel that they will build this around using a gamepad and that fast-moving complex controls are impossible with a gamepad. I hope I'm wrong though and the game will actually play like the trailer shows.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
With a movement system that awesome, there needs to be severe gameplay disadvantages to remaining still. If camping becomes the optimal means of racking up kills, it will destroy the whole point of playing.

Maybe the base play mode should be capture & return (CTF) rather than deathmatch?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Maybe. FPS games figured out in the 90s that if you enabled the player to run extremely fast, jump far and control with precision then you had to do that in order to compete. But you can't do that with a gamepad so we have CoD instead of quake.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Titanfall is what made me buy an Xbone.(getting both consoles) It seems to strike the balance between old schools fast paced shooters and the new school of CoD. I really think they can take this IP extremely far.. Haven't been this pumped for a shooter since modern warfare.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Because it will be made for console first in mind.. It will be supported more on console. There will be a bigger community on console.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Because it will be made for console first in mind.. It will be supported more on console. There will be a bigger community on console.
Honestly, that shit just doesn't matter to me. I hate, hate, HATE playing FPSs on a controller. I struggle to break even on a controller, whereas I do perfectly fine with a M/KB.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Has a fps ever been better on a console? I think even halo is better on pc

Coral_sl

shitlord
Played this at gamescom. It was, in a word, awesome.

If you had told me this game was going to be a launch title for Xbox One, I would have believed you. It felt very close a finished game. Now I only saw one map, and two of the Titans copied each other special guns (in development terms, this is something of hack done for time).

My only criticism of the game, in this early preview build, was that I legitimately had more fun outside of a Titan instead of in it. Double jumping and wall running about the map was great fun. Getting in a Titan was powerful, and I happily gunned people down and watched my score go up... oddly it just didn't feel as powerful. It certainly was as uniquely fun as dodging around buildings trying to get behind Titans and take them down.

fucker_sl

shitlord
it does look cool. unfortunatelly, it's EA, so.....fuck them in the ass with a rusted, spiked bat covered in tobasco

DMK_sl

shitlord
I think Vince Zampella would have a lot of power over the games direction. He was picked up at the top of his game when he left Infinity Ward. Surely he would have put clauses in his contract that gave him as much creative control as he wanted. This guy revolutionized shooters they would have offered him anything and everything to have him. Just a guess but surely...

DMK_sl

shitlord
Played this at gamescom. It was, in a word, awesome.

If you had told me this game was going to be a launch title for Xbox One, I would have believed you. It felt very close a finished game. Now I only saw one map, and two of the Titans copied each other special guns (in development terms, this is something of hack done for time).

My only criticism of the game, in this early preview build, was that I legitimately had more fun outside of a Titan instead of in it. Double jumping and wall running about the map was great fun. Getting in a Titan was powerful, and I happily gunned people down and watched my score go up... oddly it just didn't feel as powerful. It certainly was as uniquely fun as dodging around buildings trying to get behind Titans and take them down.
Are we talking CoD killer here?

fucker_sl

shitlord
depends where. Outside USA? could be

in USA ? CoD 2.0 can kill CoD. No scifi game will ever kill anything based on real world battle

their gaming demographic is too dominated by "soldiers fuck yeah" mentality

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Uh before they were Call of Duty Bros they were all Halo Bros...

khalid

Unelected Mod
Has a fps ever been better on a console? I think even halo is better on pc
You can almost make this statement about any game. Even the shittiest, most halfassed ports with no effort (Dark Souls) end up way better on PC if you spend 30 seconds to download a few mods.