Tobacco Thread, it's glorious and we should quit.

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
started smoking in college, 6 years later started working offshore so I started dipping when I couldnt smoke, 5 or 6 years later of smoking and dipping I quit both for about 3 months before going back to dipping. Smoke free for 7 years now but can't shake the dip.
This is my goto

skoal_xtra_mint_pouches_217844_mars_2015.jpg

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Started dipping as a way to stay awake during massive tower guard shifts that are boring and make you sleepy

Kept dipping cuz i'm a man

144097462060.jpg

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been a pipe smoker for about 13+ years now though only about 6 pipes in the collection so far, mainly enjoy Nightcap and a few different aromatics. Learning curve to get into it but once you get the hang of it it's really enjoyable and always a new blend to try.

iannis

Musty Nester
Good work. Rule of sevens. Days,weeks, months.

The physical addiction is broken in a week. That mental addiction though.

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
Whelp, it'll be 6 years in January that I quit smoking. I do believe this January will be the time I try to kick the dip. Should be interesting...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
i am 17 months nicotine free at this point and feeling wonderful. I rarely get cravings anymore which is nice. I put on about 20 lbs but consider that absolutely worth it. I started working out about 2 months ago to get my weight back in line.

Make it happen bros, it really is worth the trouble.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My neighbor just died of COPD after 15 years on oxygen. If you are a lifelong smoker you should really pray for lung cancer because if the cancer doesn't get you the COPD will and that kills you a lot slower.

One thing I always think about though, is that just anecdotally, living in Montana I know more people that dip than smoke yet I have never known anyone that has gotten anything worse than fucked up teeth from dip, and that takes several decades to come on while I have known many people who died from smoking. I know you can get mouth and stomach cancer from it, but I have never known anyone who has despite knowing many lifelong dip users. I haven't taken the time to research it, but it seems like dip is a lot safer than smoking, at least in my experience.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Oh man, i need this thread.

Started buying cigarettes from my sister when I was 13 for $1 each. Bitch.

Very rarely smoke now, but the only time I don't have a chew in is when I'm eating or sleeping.

Nothing fixes the oral fixation. Sunflower seeds come close for a few days until your cheeks start bleeding.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider

Very rarely smoke now, but the only time I don't have a chew in is when I'm eating or sleeping.

Nothing fixes the oral fixation. Sunflower seeds come close for a few days until your cheeks start bleeding.

I chewed Grizzley for 15 years. There was no magic bullet for me other than toughing it out to 6 months. After 6 months the cravings pretty much stopped. Eat more, drink more, do whatever you gotta do to make it to 6 months totally nicotine free.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

nicotine gum possibly, i'm on it now as a man who loves cope more than almost anything in the world. problem is it's hard to get off the gum, i've bounced from 4mg to 2mg a number of times over the last couple years. on the plus side, nicotine itself isn't really bad for you so getting stuck on the gum isn't such a huge deal. a lot of scientists equate nicotine to caffeine, and even can attribute positive effects to it.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
So I need to quit in a week.

Buying a house in 30 days. Got a girl that I REALLY want to impregnate. Stopped 99% of my drinking. Can see my dick (and abs but I don't want to humblebrag TOO much). But I fucking LOVE to have my morning cigarette and overly strong coffee as the sun is coming up and I just watch the beach. It's primal how much I enjoy it.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The morning cigarette with coffee is the only thing about smoking I miss. Oddly enough I quit the same week as Julian according to this thread.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Only thing that made me quit smoking is vaping. Yeah trading poisons, but whatevs, just from the feels, its no where near as damaging as smoking. Even got my wife to finally switch over too. She used to wheeze and cough every night in bed but now all that is gone. Been about 4 yrs now? also started when I was like 15 or so. Thought I was cool and all that. It was a thing to do in the 80s though. I remember back then they even let you smoke in HS.

Make my own juices so I know exactly what goes into them.

• 1Like

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>

Buying a house in 30 days. Got a girl that I REALLY want to impregnate. Stopped 99% of my drinking. Can see my dick (and abs but I don't want to humblebrag TOO much). But I fucking LOVE to have my morning cigarette and overly strong coffee as the sun is coming up and I just watch the beach. It's primal how much I enjoy it.

Amazing how a girl can make you want to quit smoking eh?

I've met a lassie who doesn't smoke so naturally I don't smoke around her and don't even want to. I've been using nicotine gum as a crutch in the mornings but the issue I'm having is that when I not seeing her it's straight back to the roll ups.

I need to spend a solid few days with her to boot the habit and try and strengthen my willpower.

• 2Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider

From my experience those nostalgic cravings for a morning or commute cigarette aren’t nearly as bad after 6 months. Those nostalgic cravings always got me, after two months I’d be feeling better and I’d go golfing with my buddies and think,” A chew right now would be awesome, what could it hurt.” Next thing I now I’m stopping to buy a can and I’m fucked. Just do what you gotta do to make it to 6-8 without smoking. Maybe you gotta cut out the morning coffee too if you associate it with smoking too much and it makes you crave.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Started smoking at 19, quit 4 months ago at 40. Fiance did too. Trick was we got sicker than shit and ended up literally in bed for a week, so we didn't go outside to smoke (thank god for no-smoking apartment). By the time we were feeling better, we didn't really want them. I mean, we WANTED them, but we didn't NEED them. So we decided to make a go of it and here we are 4 months later. I have put on some weight, which sucks, but I'm already working on that. We still look at each other every few days like "you know what would be GREAT right now..." but quitting with someone else makes it easier.

I've already stopped coughing quite a bit, and the extra money not spent is nice. I wish all of us quitters the best. Ironically (?) I've been having minor issues catching my breath (often) since I quit. COPD finally caught up to me? That'd be a pisser.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Today is my last day as a smoker. I have the few left in the last pack I will ever buy.

God Help us all for the shitposting that might come in the next few months. I humbly ask you all forgive me for the bullshit I might spew in the next few weeks.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Today is my last day as a smoker. I have the few left in the last pack I will ever buy.

God Help us all for the shitposting that might come in the next few months. I humbly ask you all forgive me for the bullshit I might spew in the next few weeks.

If u break and find gourself stopping to buy a pack get nicotine gum instead.

• 1Like