Tom Clancys The division Heartland

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Tom Clancy’s The Division Heartland is a Free-to-Play survival-action multiplayer shooter, set in a fictional small-town Middle America. Explore hostile Silver Creek as you fight alongside and against other trained agents to save the forgotten heartland of America.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Holy shit this thing is going to fail (no surprise).

1687879231381.png

Hope we get to find a tiktok video of the they/them nurse bragging about how they killed people who differed in ideology.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
LOL I cannot WAIT to see the pay to win transactions in this thing.

Also:

September 21st 2026

Tom Clancy's The Division Heartland is an upcoming free-to-play third person shooter action game developed by Red Storm Entertainment and published by Ubisoft. It is a standalone spin-off set in The Division universe. ... -Release date is said to be September 21st 2026-

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

That can't be true :p But after Skull and Bones I wouldn't be surprised it takes them 5-6 years to develop a free to play 3rd person shooter.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The game is essentially a one to one copy of Division 2 with some significant downgrades in UI / readability of the situation. But some improved graphics - although not without a huge performance drop. Everything on Ultra, without raytracing on (as its disabled) - was causing my 4090 strix / 13900k to drop down into the ~58 FPS average, area. Almost the same controls as far as I can remember.

Instead of one character, you have 5 different characters. Almost like an X-com type of system, where your characters can be damaged or get to much "virus" and you have to use a different character out of like 5, so far. Sort of like a Cell Phone Game Stamina system in my mind, as even if you are a Pro - your character will eventually take too much unavoidable damage and you'll have to switch. But conveniently, there is a cash shop fee available to reset it.

Ill play it a bit more later - but we would rather watch the Witcher and hate on the whatever woke shit they put in it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Who the fuck still even cares about the franchise after they butchered it so badly? Ubisoft is a fucking garbage company and the sooner it fails the better.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
your character will eventually take too much unavoidable damage and you'll have to switch. But conveniently, there is a cash shop fee available to reset it.
IMG_5200.jpeg

Somebody please tell me that isn’t true

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well if this is the case I’m nopeing out even before seeing it or playing it. That sounds fucking awful. It’s like some amateur took a perfect steak and burnt the shit. Which they had a perfectly fine steak with D1and D2.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 481091
Somebody please tell me that isn’t true
Closed beta with NDA - But Division was like one of the last titles that Ive liked from them which is why I signed up in the first place. This game company is dead so Idc if I lose access to my Ubi account.

The rest of the game -

No direct health bar as far as I can see. Health packs are for when you're down in a scenario, not to heal up (unless I cant figure out this very basic, bare bones UI.) If you're close to dead, your screen will flash and stay red. Characters that are downed can be played again (or revived in the same map by another player or health pack) in the next map, but theyre just one shot from dead again. Couldnt figure out the rhyme or reason to the recoup timers, as one character that I went AFK on died and would be full health in 45 minutes. Another died from a grenade and needed 3 hours. Maybe there are certain types of damage that put you over the top? idfk. Need water, or you'll run out of stamina which is super annoying. Maxxing out your Virus durability takes something like 2 days to recoup. I never logged back on that character to see what exactly it does.

The virus shit moves around the map in some kind of .. what appears to be random, pattern. Sometimes itll just sit right on top of your mission objective, so you have to wait it out. You have a timer on each scenario. The timer has a Sun on the left, which is when you start with a Virus/Moon on the right depicting night time. Im guessing at night, the area fills up with Virus shit, so basically - you cant stay on a map forever. But the maps are very much just like Division 2, but way more shallow (which fk, Division 2 maps were already pretty shallow).

Inventory is like 6 slots or so with one unlockable. You run around picking up water, health, chemicals, ammo, guns, h2h weapons, weapon parts, etc. and they all share the same inventory slots. Too much shit in the game for as few slots as there are. Ammo is almost non-existant at times, which for inventory is great. But for gameplay is straight aids. Escape from Targov influence, maybe? But ultimately way more shittier.

Loot Crates are in for 1500 credits. Shop says "Coming soon!" so I dont know how much 1500 is in real life money. Obviously they arent planning on releasing in countries that outlaw loot boxes. Battle Pass is in this as well. Typical cash shop shit, but nothing looks, from what Ive seen, p2w.

This game isnt going to go very far - loot just reminds me of early Secret World. In that, outside of weapons, your look just doesnt change.

Overall, it just looks like Ubisoft gave the Division 2 code / graphical assets to this 3rd party company and asked them to monetize it. As you're still building bases to unlock more features etc. But.. to ultimately do what? Nothing about Division 2 is revolutionary anymore. The things I saw them raving about - seeing them in person, they are just really lack luster. I have a tolerance for shitty games if I can find something I enjoy out of it, but this ones a hard pass for even me.