Tom Clancy's The Division

Xevy

Log Wizard
I did their survey, advanced survey, and gamer personality survey. Told them I don't give two fucks about backstory, don't care much about PVE outside of potential dungeons, and for them to fix DZ and add content in DLC's that is actually worth purchasing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
With all this cheating shit going on I think if I purchase this game it will be for PS4.

Malkav

French Madman
For those interested about the game but not thrilled to give money to UbiSoft for some reason, the game is included in the current UbiSoft Humble Bundle at the 75$ level.

It's barely more expensive than the game itself, there is a bunch of other games too, a tshirt, and you can chose for most of the money to go to charity instead of Ubi pockets.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I honestly didn't even realize there were 'factions' until I saw that posting. I figured there had to be some sort of overall plot to the thing, but it just seemed like a bunch of gang bangers with automatic weapons rampaging around.

Sulrn

Deuces
For those interested about the game but not thrilled to give money to UbiSoft for some reason, the game is included in the current UbiSoft Humble Bundle at the 75$ level.

It's barely more expensive than the game itself, there is a bunch of other games too, a tshirt, and you can chose for most of the money to go to charity instead of Ubi pockets.
I'm not so much against giving Ubi money as I am just straight disappointed with the final product quality level. Game looks like it needs another 3 months of refinement and content development and a bit of rebalancing to be a quality product. Right now it looks sloppy, but it's stable and resembles a game so it gets pushed out anyway and you end up buying dlc to finish the game and hoping they patch some of the questionable quirks in beta.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
"There's a little bit of segmentation like that. Obviously we don't want there to be only one way to play the game and one thing that's "the best". When you want to really, really get the very best, there are some things you're going to want to craft by finding some really, really hard to get components. Some thing's you're going to want to find in the Dark Zone on the hardest fights. Some thing's you'll want to purchase from safe rooms in the Dark Zone, where you have other agents that you purchase from and you use the currency that you acquire in the Dark Zone. It's a special kind of market that only happens in the Dark Zone. So there's not one way, not one thing, of getting the best gear."

This gives me hope that the best end-game gear isn't going to be tied to the Dark Zone. Sometimes I just want to smoke up and murder some motherfuckers without having some asshole roll up on me in pvp and kill my buzz, but I would still like to be able to collect things while I'm playing relaxed.

I still don't know if it's going to be worth dropping $60 on though, that's alot of money for a game that might only be good for a couple weeks.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
"There's a little bit of segmentation like that. Obviously we don't want there to be only one way to play the game and one thing that's "the best". When you want to really, really get the very best, there are some things you're going to want to craft by finding some really, really hard to get components. Some thing's you're going to want to find in the Dark Zone on the hardest fights. Some thing's you'll want to purchase from safe rooms in the Dark Zone, where you have other agents that you purchase from and you use the currency that you acquire in the Dark Zone. It's a special kind of market that only happens in the Dark Zone. So there's not one way, not one thing, of getting the best gear."

This gives me hope that the best end-game gear isn't going to be tied to the Dark Zone. Sometimes I just want to smoke up and murder some motherfuckers without having some asshole roll up on me in pvp and kill my buzz, but I would still like to be able to collect things while I'm playing relaxed.

I still don't know if it's going to be worth dropping $60 on though, that's alot of money for a game that might only be good for a couple weeks.
They've said a couple times that the best end game gear is crafted and some of the items come from hardest bosses in DZ and some from im assuming challenge mode runs. They also have still yet to go out of their way to fully explain their end game strategy and to say if its strayed off from the initial "there will be atleast multi-group content on release" statement.

I'm not so much against giving Ubi money as I am just straight disappointed with the final product quality level
Have you played it on PC cranked up? Game looks dope as shit especially with the overall environmental effects. The content part cant be disputed or raised since we've only played 1 mission in beta and same in alpha. The change to DZ at 30 its pretty great b/c the DZ overall is fairly big and if anything similar to that happens outside the DZ thats great to. Tho they did apparently cut out a sizable chunk from the initial chunk we thought we'd get from the game, its still pretty big and no one can deny that from how much running you have to do to get from A-B if you arent using fast travel.

The DZ change at 30 to me is a good plus b/c even tho i initially could give a rats ass about pvp(thanks Destiny!) the DZ is actually fun as shit to run around in solo or with a squad. However im still concerned about PVE endgame, the thought of nothing but running the same missions over again on higher difficulty for weeks or months until some real endgame is made available makes me cringe.

Sulrn

Deuces
Graphics != Game play. I did not say anything about visuals at all in any of my posts in this thread. My argument has always been about the gunplay, content size, and tuning.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Graphics != Game play. I did not say anything about visuals at all in any of my posts in this thread. My argument has always been about the gunplay, content size, and tuning.
The gunplay is fine, its not like Destiny its like any other Tom Clancy game, the only guns imo that suck are the LMGs but the MM and ARs are perfect. Content is questionable for endgame, i still wonder if they will have multigroup content. However as far as tuning im uncertain which aspect you mean. The bullet sponge thing is out the window, by the end of beta i was 1 shotting purples and 2-3 shotting if they had shields.Hell i was one shotting some players so long as i got them in the head.

Dont confuse im not saying the game s anywhere near perfect, but for what it is atm its a pretty solid purchase. Even without the multigroup content at release its still great if you dont mind some heartless pvp action.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sneak Peek At Tom Clancy??Ts The Division Season Pass | Latest news and content about Tom Clancys The Division game

"Season Pass owners will unlock the exclusive Sawed-off Shotgun, a unique sidearm customized for short-range destruction. Season Pass owners also receive a set of exclusive outfits and weapon skins, as well as access to special monthly benefits including exclusive content drops and special events."

Content locked behind buying the season pass? Get fucked Ubisoft, there's no way in HELL your game is worth $100.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Thats map size isnt surprising, it felt long to go anywhere in the game. The content block thing is weird, i wonder what theyre putting behind that season pass wall considering they already announced it will have free updates as well. It doesnt make sense to offer free content at the same time as certain people get monthly paid content trickled to them, just seems like a bad choice, and one i hope they clarify.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Sneak Peek At Tom Clancy??Ts The Division Season Pass | Latest news and content about Tom Clancys The Division game

"Season Pass owners will unlock the exclusive Sawed-off Shotgun, a unique sidearm customized for short-range destruction. Season Pass owners also receive a set of exclusive outfits and weapon skins, as well as access to special monthly benefits including exclusive content drops and special events."

Content locked behind buying the season pass? Get fucked Ubisoft, there's no way in HELL your game is worth $100.
From what I've heard it's just going to be weapon skins/cosmetics, and double xp events etc, similar to BF and such. Not that big of a deal if they keep it as that.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Oh well thats reassuring atleast, but who cares about double xp when you can max level kinda quickly? Unless getting more xp at max level gives you something

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ubisoft say it | PCGamesN

"It has come to our attention that a comment from one of our team members has been perceived by some members of the community to imply the PC version of The Division was 'held back' and this is simply not true. From the beginning, the PC version of The Division was developed from the ground up and we're confident players will enjoy the game and the features this version has to offer. And the feedback from PC players who participated in the recent closed beta supports this."

...we shall see Ubisoft...we shall see...

Honestly though my beta played flawlessly and looked amazing.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Still nothing official about an Open Beta? People were quizzing me yesterday about it and wanting to leave Destiny behind (yeah some still play) so an Open Beta might bring in more sales of those hardcore casuals (go all in but do not typically follow game development)

spronk

FPS noob
an image from xbox brazil leaked showing an open beta of Division Feb 16 - 21st, so that may be a thing - whether just on xbone or also ps4 and PC is unknown. if you still have the beta game on your system i'd leave it, it'll likely run a small update if there is a beta.

also should be a homefront beta exclusive on xbox one feb 11 - 14th

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hmm i got in the homefront beta, but i dont even remember applying and cant say im very interested with TD coming out just next month.