Tom Clancy's The Division

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Ok, so someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong. I preordered on Amazon for PS4. Got my Amazon email right away with the beta access code attached. Entered it into my uplay account and received another email from Ubisoft thanking me for registering for the beta and I'm now guaranteed to get in blah blah and they will send me another email with a key. If I look at beta access under my uplay account it says I don't have any. So, with no access flag on my account, how do I start preloading on PS4? Sounds like I am supposed to be getting a second beta key it's just is taking more than 24 hours to send (preordered yesterday)? The beta code from Amazon arrived immediately and I thought that was all I'd need to get going.
I was also confused about this as well, same situation but for PC.

Got a code when I preordered the game from ebgames, I entered it on monday at thedivisiongame.com/beta and got an email stating I had guaranteed access and that they would send me a key when the beta begins. Another key?

So I was sitting here waiting for another email with the code so I can get access to download, but then I see everyone saying they're getting codes and access to download on tuesday and still nothing on my end, then people said to go check your uplay account in the beta section. After checking several times in the day it finally showed up on there and so I downloaded the game.

Then on wed I finally got an email saying I was activated and instructions for download, no key is shown for me under the access key but it says to check my uplay pc games list, which the game is listed there.

I guess no second key is given/needed, the first email is probably the same one they also send to those who were on the waiting list (the players who were recommended by their friends when they signed up), so it's bloody confusing.

As for the DZ, some information on the rogue levels.The Dark Zone explained: non-hostile, hostile, and the 6 rogue ranks. : thedivision

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Xbone version is the same as the alpha,although I don't recall making an upgrade to the medical wing to unlock the skill perks before nor do I recall being able to use the consumables as opposed to giving them to needy people. Some of the tooltips are wonky as it has the X button instead of the directional pad for many of the d-pad functions.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
PvP featuring loot/loss of items can escalate quickly from "exciting" to "fuck this shit". Especially if you have no control
Well crap. I was staying away but now I may have to play the beta. This sounds so hilarious. The tears we could cause would be epic.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Well crap. I was staying away but now I may have to play the beta. This sounds so hilarious. The tears we could cause would be epic.
You only lose items you looted in the dark zone, as you need to be extracted to have them bound to you. There isn't any "fuck I just lost the item I worked for months on getting" type of thing. These items can also drop in the pve areas, it's just a higher chance to get them in the DZ.

Anyone know what time on friday pc should unlock?
Xbox One owners will be able to access The Division closed beta on Thursday, January 29th, starting 1 am PT.
Start time for gamers on PlayStation 4 and PC is Friday, January 29th, at 4 am PT.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Gonna watch some streams of the PC version this weekend. Game looks pretty cool but boy oh boy do I have a really hard time paying 60 bucks for a game. Last few years I think I've only paid full price for GTAV PC and Fallout.

spronk

FPS noob
you can already get like 25% discounts on gmg and when tomb raider cycles off the nvidia promo next week (?) its almost certainly going to get replaced by Division so you should see tons of vouchers on eBay

if you wanna play the game though I'd definitely play it AT launch, its the kind of game that will be a ghost town in 1-2 months, especially on PC.

i'll be playing today on xbox (spronk) and tomorrow on PS4 (thediamondage)

for beta the level caps are 8 (PVE) and 20 (DZ)

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
I fixed my issue of getting it to download by finding and redownloading their app/launcher. The one I had from ages ago wasn't updating itself. I had also bought my $2 beta code so I only got the email saying registered ok you are in or whatever.

4am pacific? Damn going to be an early morning for me aha.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I found myself having alot more fun than expected in the DZ. Its kind of like the wild west in there, where as you see someone or someones running by and you take a step back to see if those guys are going to detour to you and put a beating on you. The extraction points turn into a stare down where people peer around and lurk to see what fool is going to run over to have his items whisked away. At times all things are fine and no one tries to kill you. Other times people just go guns blazing and you live or you die.

Thanks to xbox app on my surface i listen to party chat on there but the game sounds come through my tv so i hear proximity chat when people say "hey lets jump him" and i alert my team and we in turn have a glorious show down in which the first person to shoot usually ends up dead bc they go rogue and everyone within range is alerted. Its pretty fun for what it is(new) but still wonder the end game content on it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've been watching summit a bit this afternoon, looks pretty fun but not sure how long lasting that will be either

Column_sl

shitlord
I think this game is pretty cool. Really like the group pvp.

The whole take your loot thing reminds me off MMO's from long ago.
Also the rogue agent thing is hilarious.

The other thing is the graphics really don't look bad on the Xbox, and its extremely smooth playing the game.

If you have a group of friends you game with this is a pretty good title that isn't too intense like a real mmo.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, it looks like it will be a lot of fun, if you group up with your friends. But, I think allowing group members to drop group and kill their former party members is a mistake. Grouping with rando's in the DZ is just asking to get griefed every single time. There's plenty enough pvp without promoting trolling that's going to turn off people from the game who don't have a group of friends to make premades with.

Column_sl

shitlord
I really hope they don't get rid of that tho.

That shit is the best.

They should just make an opt in program similar to flagging yourself red in Everquest. Like a Priest of Discord.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yep, it's the best. The best way to drive away players in a game where other players are the primary content. GG

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Right. So, if you don't know anyone who plays the game, or none of them are available, you don't play. Got it. Great design.