Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
1688867860282.png

1688867894384.png

Pretty recent game in the TRPG genre which is pretty sweet so far. Just picked it up on a whim from Steam sale right now its like $13 or some shit. Pretty solid xcom type game with tons of depth in character building and all sorts of shit. It even has gear with proper stats which is nice. The game is supposedly about 100 hours for main story and 150 with all the side shit included, and it even has an expansion already which is FREE. Plenty of npc to add to your group and they all have a story and all are unique characters with unique classes from what I have seen so far. This game even has a sort of "jobs" system where you build up one class, then spec into another to pick up more skills. Kinda has the anime type of style, so if you dont like the shit then skip this, but so far not too much weeb shit, just pretty much the art style. Pretty sweet fror a indie game from SK.

1688869806955.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was thinking of playing this a couple days ago too, but with JA3 this week, then BG 3 at the end of the month, I didn't want to be burnt out on turn based games by trying to play 3 in a row.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So after about 50 hours of this I can say that this is a pretty solid Tactics game. Great fights which you can fuck with the scaling and difficulty many different variety of maps and some that im sue I have not even seen yet. The thing im loving is how as you progress you actually feel you and your team getting more powerful. the system for upgrading your character is pretty nice too. they have like 800+ "masteries" that either unlock as you play the game and kill shit, some can be researched, and some are more rare and/or need to be farmed from bosses and other creatures. Then when you combine a certain 4 of these mastery they make up a bonus more powerful mastery set that you can plug into your character. Its actually pretty neat and tons of different ways to go with your build.

Thing that is a negative is the English translation on some shit is lacking, and the above mentioned system is not really explained well and it took me a while before it all sinks in. And still after 50 hours or so there is stuff that I lack the understanding of.

But yeah all in all a very solid game if you like TRPG. I would say that this is kind of a mix between xcom and FFT. The combat is the meat of the game and is realy well done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user