True Detective

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The ladies at my work are having a lunch hour discussion of this soon. Tempting....
It might be interesting to try it in real life. I always imagine these threads could be a group of people who like a show talking about it and speculating about the new episodes but every thread gets overwhelmed by a bunch of angry comic book guys that hate the show and have to post every week about how it sucks and write wall of text diatribes and shit. There's been like 2 threads ever here for shows that I watch that didn't end up that way. Maybe just one. I will probably never be in a position to do something like that IRL but it might be interesting.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It might be interesting to try it in real life. I always imagine these threads could be a group of people who like a show talking about it and speculating about the new episodes but every thread gets overwhelmed by a bunch of angry comic book guys that hate the show and have to post every week about how it sucks and write wall of text diatribes and shit. There's been like 2 threads ever here for shows that I watch that didn't end up that way. Maybe just one. I will probably never be in a position to do something like that IRL but it might be interesting.

Have you never heard of the expression "water cooler show"?

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Sure but my only coworkers are my mom and my brother and neither of them watches TV.

• 1Worf

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Sorry to break it to you, but in person groups like that are shit unless it's close friends/colleagues who aren't just a bunch of morons who can't think beyond "I liked it, it was good" mentality.

Usually not even very good when it's supposed to be an actual critical analysis type of group or workshop designed around feedback.

The problem is 99% of people are lonely morons who just want some people to chat with and will use/ruin a topic specific group to do so.

Fucking book groups often end up with half the people having not read the book but still wanted to come chat and feel like they're a part of something. Which is why you'll see libraries increasingly having "book" groups or clubs where there isn't even an assigned book; just come talk about a book you like.

Some will even say to come talk about anything you want... With other people who like books. Like WTF is that.

Especially dubious is the all ages "rainbow" book club that never picked a book and instead would just talk about "social topics" with a group that included kids who all loved lgbtq2ia books. One event was even called an all ages lgbtq "meet and greet" under the pretense of a book club event.

In short, I was being sarcastic. No way in hell I want to discuss (in good faith at least) this or any other show, book or topic with the libtard ladies at my work.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'll never forget being out for a meal with colleagues and none of them realizing that "Get Out" was a commentary on race relations

ShakyJake

<Donor>
So, at the beginning of episode 2, one of the frozen dudes started screaming, then cut to the intro sequence. And then no comment was made regarding this afterwards...!?

Show is ok so far. Look, I'm no prude, but the shows lately that continuously spam F bombs grows tiresome. They eed to dial it back a bit imo.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So, at the beginning of episode 2, one of the frozen dudes started screaming, then cut to the intro sequence. And then no comment was made regarding this afterwards...!?

Wasn't the first scene after that explaining that he was now in intensive care?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I decided to just forget that the show is supposed to have anything to do with the True Detective IP and I find I'm liking it a lot more. That, and the second episode was definitely better than the first.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You guys are making this season sound good. If it's still positive after EP 3 I'm excited to have something to watch.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You guys are making this season sound good. If it's still positive after EP 3 I'm excited to have something to watch.

So you expose yourself to spoilers in order to decide whether a show is worth watching, based on the feedback of FOH big brains who, *checks notes*, have questions about scenes that are answered by the very next scene, and complain everything is woke?

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

So you expose yourself to spoilers in order to decide whether a show is worth watching, based on the feedback of FOH big brains who, *checks notes*, have questions about scenes that are answered by the very next scene, and complain everything is woke?
Well I didn't sit through Rings of Power, House of the Dragon, Wheels of Time ect. I'm fine with my actions

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Its not a bad strategy at all. If theres one thing the FoH consensus consistently gets right, its TV/movies.

• 1Picard

Homsar

Its not a bad strategy at all. If theres one thing the FoH consensus consistently gets right, its TV/movies.
The spoilers I've read were already given away on forums/Headlines. I'm pretty sure Rust isnt related to the black woman. Would be hilarious though

Homsar

Is it? Better than watching and deciding for yourself after a few episodes, rather than relying on great minds such as, *checks notes*, Chukzombi Chukzombi
Keep Chuk out of this. One of these days we are going to have a beer. It's technically our 25 year mark of when he told me to fuck off in EQ

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Keep Chuk out of this.

1706289088491.png

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wasn't the first scene after that explaining that he was now in intensive care?

To be fair, it wouldn't be a season of True Detective without someone completely missing an immediate explanation/obvious info.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf