True Detective

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Personally I'm having a hard time paying attention or caring. Unlikable characters. Jodi is a bitch who likes to say Fuck constantly. Black chick wouldn't be half bad if it wasn't for the massively distracting cheek piercings.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have to say I'm cautiously liking it. I do agree that they're going pretty heavy on the supernatural side likely only to be a small swerve that it's all real world motivations/reasonings behind using it to scare people. But as long as they can not make it seem too ridiculous, I'll be in for it. Agree on Navarro, been better than I expected. Foster does well in the bitch role, to be honest.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I like the theory that Navarro is the killer, or at least a killer. She seems to have black outs, and the theory suggested a murderous personality when blacked out.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jodi is a bitch who likes to say Fuck constantly.
This has been a distraction. I know I'm not the writer, but in my head the constant swearing is out of place for the character and a bit cringe at times.

I've been sticking with the show just for the crack hit of Lovecraft it gives me. I'm under no expectation that I'll be seeing Hastur or Ithaqua, but this better not turn out to be some Scooby Doo bullshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's not really out of character for a cop, just for a cop that looks like your mom.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This has been a distraction. I know I'm not the writer, but in my head the constant swearing is out of place for the character and a bit cringe at times.

Yes, people living in the sunny climate of Alaska are known for their cheerful, positive dispositions.

• 1Worf

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
If you think a cop swearing is out of place or cringe I'd just assume you don't know many cops or live in a town with a population of 1,000 and one stop light. The actual cop cringe is the constant "ask the question" shit.

To echo prior thoughts, it's better than seasons 2 or 3 so far, but none of the characters are as interesting as Velcoro, and it does not feel like True Detective.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
If you think a cop swearing is out of place or cringe I'd just assume you don't know many cops or live in a town with a population of 1,000 and one stop light. The actual cop cringe is the constant "ask the question" shit.

To echo prior thoughts, it's better than seasons 2 or 3 so far, but none of the characters are as interesting as Velcoro, and it does not feel like True Detective.

this was the last cop show Gutterflesh Gutterflesh watched

• 1Worf

ShakyJake

<Donor>

It doesn't matter. Someone that constantly swears for the sake of swearing will get annoying. Same goes for a TV character.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So you bitches unhappy with this season? I haven't been watching. I guess I will binge them.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Skip seasons 2 and 3, I'm telling you. I watched like half of each one before I realized my mistake. S4 is great so far though.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Same boat as everyone else; it's not the same show as S1 but it doesn't need to be, been enjoying it so far. I love Jodi in everything she's in, and Navarro isn't as bad as I expected her to be.

Do you have cheek piercings?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

"I certainly did not have any input on this story or anything else," he commented on Instagram. "Can’t blame me." When one Instagram user mentioned Night Country's extension of season 1's lore—mentioning the Tuttle family specifically—Pizzolatto wrote, "Haha. So stupid." The True Detective creator deleted his replies following backlash from fans, but a Reddit user took a screenshot of the comments and posted it to r/TrueDetective.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

"I certainly did not have any input on this story or anything else," he commented on Instagram. "Can’t blame me." When one Instagram user mentioned Night Country's extension of season 1's lore—mentioning the Tuttle family specifically—Pizzolatto wrote, "Haha. So stupid." The True Detective creator deleted his replies following backlash from fans, but a Reddit user took a screenshot of the comments and posted it to r/TrueDetective.
That man is very salty. He made one great season, one goodish season, and one bad season. It's not like he's some genius.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
S2 and S3 were both terrible. S2 just benefited from following S1, we all gave it a chance for far longer than we otherwise would have.

If he did S2 and S3 its probably safe to just take the inverse of his opinions.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
S2 and S3 were both terrible. S2 just benefited from following S1, we all gave it a chance for far longer than we otherwise would have.
I felt like coming hot off S1 made S2 suck even more by comparison. I only gave it a chance because of Velcoro. S3 was better, but not great.

• 2Like