Trying to find and old sci fi deep sea alien movie

faille

Molten Core Raider
It still sounds like the Abyss!!

Is there a scene you could describe that wasn"t in the abyss ?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah, that"s pretty much still the special edition ending of the the Abyss. The alien was talking to Ed Harris, showed him the footage of the escalating cold war crisis and then the "frozen" tidal wave footage.

Otherwise, maybe if you can remember the actors/actresses in the movie, that would help. Or other details. If you remember a sunken soviet nuclear warhead subplot with navy seals and shit, thats definitely the abyss.

Twobit_sl

shitlord
It"s the Abyss. Or a really cheap clone.

YouTube - The Abyss (Director"s Cut version) - Bud and the Aliens

Towards the end he asks the aliens why they are trying to kill everyone and the aliens showed him a movie on a giant wall of water of all the atrocities man is committing on the surface world. Bombs, wars, murders, etc,.
At about 5:35 in, this exact scene occurs.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYD6CC2GdNc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYD6CC2GdNc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Scenes that definitely wern"t in it : Anything involving the aliens turning into water and copying people"s faces to try and communicate with them.

Paranoid captain or whatever that is trying to kill the alien/water.

There"s a few more. I"ll have to skip through some of my Abyss dvd to find out which ones. I might be putting the memory of the Abyss ending into this movie subconsciously because I can"t remmeber it all. But I definitely remember thinking "this movie is like The Abyss" and also that it couldn"t be because of the no water alien/morphing scenes.

Weird.

Hmmmm

faille

Molten Core Raider
Goliath said:
Scenes that definitely wern"t in it : Anything involving the aliens turning into water and copying people"s faces to try and communicate with them.

Paranoid captain or whatever that is trying to kill the alien/water.

There"s a few more. I"ll have to skip through some of my Abyss dvd to find out which ones. I might be putting the memory of the Abyss ending into this movie subconsciously because I can"t remmeber it all. But I definitely remember thinking "this movie is like The Abyss" and also that it couldn"t be because of the no water alien/morphing scenes.

Weird.

Hmmmm
THAT IS STILL THE ABYSSS!

I"m starting to think you"re just playing some wierd perverted game with us 8(

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, you"ve definitely either mixed up two movies or have completely forgotten what The Abyss is like.

FulorianC_foh

shitlord
How about you qualify "old"?

I don"t consider 1989 to be an old movie, when reading your original post I was thinking you meant 1950s - 1960s low budget scifi flicks, not early CGI movies. Black and white, color, etc, would help.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
crazy capt. trying to kill em

was it reece from the terminator?

if so

IT STILL IS THE ABYSS!!!!!

HE PLAYED A SEAL CAPTAIN WHO GETS "COMPRESSION SICKNESS"- gets shakes/paranoid gets hands on nuke warhead, straps it to minsub and sends it down canyon for ed harris to stop/diffuse

Faille said:
THAT IS STILL THE ABYSSS!

I"m starting to think you"re just playing some wierd perverted game with us 8(
All the scenes I listed I believe were not in it. Like the water alien and the captain trying to kill it by shutting the door on it etc,. That was never in this movie.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Goliath said:
All the scenes I listed I believe were not in it. Like the water alien and the captain trying to kill it by shutting the door on it etc,. That was never in this movie.
That doesn"t help us!

Tell us the scenes that were in the movie, but don"t bare any resemblance to any scenes that appear in the Abyss.

Callic_foh

shitlord
If you can"t remember whether it was an Ed Harris movie or not then there"s no hope for you. Special edition or not Ed would be in it, and he"s a pretty easy to remember actor

Valaden_foh

shitlord
Nevermind then, im pretty sure hes just confusing movies, still. I really doubt another movie in this century would copy/paste the ending from the abyss. That would be called intellectual property theft imo. Im sure there a dozens of underwater alien movies where the guy at the end is alone with the aliens and they show off their big screen HDTV.

mikenar_sl

shitlord
on another note, does anyone else get the chills everytime they see the "drowning" scene? its probably my fear of drowning, but that is probably one of the most intense "death" scenes ever for me.