Twin Peaks

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah it's quite spot on, David Lynch isn't the kind of guy you'd want as a TV showrunner with executive powers, even if he brings money on the table. Also a TV show revival is always a pain in the ass casting wise because you have to deal with former stars who know they're becoming valuable, actual stars who want a piece of the cake, and there's a lot of unknown stuff which could happen at some point. I think it's pretty safe to assume Lynch dropped the ball because he wouldn't have the control he wanted.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Peggy Lipton (Norma Jennings) was probably my very first MILF crush. The rest of the girls (especially M?dchen or however her name is spelled) were also very crush-worthy. But as much as I love women, I have to say it was Kyle McLcugognhdashf?adh that really pulled the show together. And while I am disappointed Lynch won't be back stage on this, I think it still all hangs on Kyle being in it, and being well written.

I'll also be waiting for all the coffee gags. I still use the phrase "black as midnight on a moonless night" whenever I can.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
David Lynch Confirms Twin Peaks Return at Showtime, With Additional Episodes | Comicbook.com

Twin Peaks creator David Lynch announced on Twitter today that he and Showtime have come to terms and he will indeed be returning to the planned third season of the cult hit drama.

"Dear Twitter Friends, the rumors are not what they seem ..... It is !!! Happening again. #TwinPeaks returns on @SHO_Network," the filmmaker wrote.

Following a budgetary disagreement, Lynch announced that he was leaving the project, and Showtime said that they hoped to work it out but implied that the series could go forward without Lynch if needed. It appears the disagreement has been ironed out, and that Showtime has committed to producing more than the nine episodes originally ordered -- an interesting change, since Lynch had reportedly already turned in his scripts for the nine episodes in question.

"This damn fine cup of coffee from Mark and David tastes more delicious than ever," Showtime president David Nevins said in a statement. "Totally worth the extra brewing time and the cup is even bigger than we expected. David will direct the whole thing which will total more than the originally-announced nine hours. Pre-production starts now!!?

The series will bring back Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. villain Kyle Maclachlan as Special Agent Dale Cooper, an eccentric FBI agent who followed a baffling case out to a strange small town and found more mystery than he bargained for. It's been off the air for two decades now, having lasted only two seasons in spite of being generally regarded as one of the best TV shows ever made.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
glad they got that worked out, would have been pointless to make a show like that without the crazy ass director who originally made it. also sad panda at kyle maclachlan only being known as a villain on agents of shield.

Homsar

How much of the cast is going to look normal? only actors I think I ever see is Ray Wise, Ashbrook, and Kyle are normal. Madchen was still pretty cute when she was on an episode of Psych

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm a huge X-Files fan, but never seen an episode of Twin Peaks. I've been told this is blasphemy of sorts.

How does it hold up today? Is it watchable still?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I'm a huge X-Files fan, but never seen an episode of Twin Peaks. I've been told this is blasphemy of sorts.

No, it is shit. Wife and I watched it for the first time about 6 months ago, I made it to the big reveal and bounced she did the same shortly after.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

I'm a big fan of David Lynch so my biased opinion is that it is 100% watchable and a blasphemy that you have not seen it. I wouldn't go in to it thinking of it like X-Files though, if you liked Mulholland Drive and the way the characters interacted and the general tone of the movie, you'll probably not get weirded out by some of the uncomfortableness in Twin Peaks. Wouldn't fault you for not finishing the whole thing though. It does kind of get a little out there.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried giving it a watch a few months ago. I made it a couple episodes into Season 2 and just gave up. *shrug*

Szlia

I have a VHS box set of the serie! That said, I am not sure I would dare see it again because I doubt it aged well. I would also not dare to rewatch Fire Walk With Me (the movie set before the serie - and I don't mean the pilot that got extended into a TV movie), because I adored that movie as a teenager and I am not sure I would still adore it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The movie isn't great. And the series is an aged soap opera. A lot of it comes down to nostalgia. I think for most people, if you liked Blue Velvet you will like Twin Peaks. I love the hokey 50'sish style and the weird ass lore

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
I have a VHS box set of the serie! That said, I am not sure I would dare see it again because I doubt it aged well. I would also not dare to rewatch Fire Walk With Me (the movie set before the serie - and I don't mean the pilot that got extended into a TV movie), because I adored that movie as a teenager and I am not sure I would still adore it
The first series is still fine, the second has it's moments but they should have stuck to the original number of episodes and not revealed the killer. The hope this time round is that Lynch will be directing all of the episodes, instead of just a handful.

The film is all over the place but has it's moments too. Remember this?

Homsar

Pretty sure Madchen is the only decent looking one from the show
nm0000749.jpg

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I watched this for the first time sometime last year. The first season was great, the second season was a mix of mediocre, awful and some ok stuff.