Twitch.tv

Cybsled

Youtube is owned by Google. Google trying to launch a rival platform to their own platform makes 0 sense.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Youtube is owned by Google. Google trying to launch a rival platform to their own platform makes 0 sense.
Yeah but it would make sense to break off a "game streaming" service off from youtube. Which they do have right now but its buried in a mire of youtube shit.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been saying it for awhile that the live streams on YouTube really needs to be spun off to another site. The live shit is all mixed in with the prerecorded stuff. It's a mess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Maybe. My young nephew liked to watch Fortnite videos on Youtube and now he watches streamers play it on that platform, which is something you want to leverage when the younger viewers get older. Seems like you'd want viewers like that to stay in your streaming realm and having 2 gaming stream sites would maybe only make sense if you made Youtube gaming the "PG" stream site and you had the other stream site skew for an older audience.

I've been saying it for awhile that the live streams on YouTube really needs to be spun off to another site. The live shit is all mixed in with the prerecorded stuff. It's a mess.

Good point as well. When OWL was happening on Youtube, I could never tell because it would be buried under all the standard video recommendations/etc. Even now, live stuff is like 3-4 rows deep when I visit Youtube and nothing really "pops" to make them seem very different from all the standard video offerings besides a "LIVE" in the corner.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I scrolled through all the partners or whatever on the gfuel site earlier today and Doc wasn't on their.

He's still not unless I'm blind

Oldbased

> Than U
Apparently his partnership was ended, not the actual server. That was the reply from someone on the tweet.
Adding to confusion, his discord was sub only someone said. Since it is plugged into twitch API to verify it, when Twitch banned him and revoked subs to refund, it would have revoked access to all the people. How they set it up for that I don't know. Some would use ban locks and others read only access. Not sure I never visited his discord to see. Either way it would explain why some thought the discord was completely removed.

Oldbased

> Than U
I scrolled through all the partners or whatever on the gfuel site earlier today and Doc wasn't on their.

He's still not unless I'm blind

He isn't on that list but that may be due to the fact it is Saturday. Doc is the header image of Gamefuel on twiter atm. The question is, was he removed and added or was he there all along when this went down.

Cybsled

I used the internet archive to look back. The last archive he appears on is March. The June and May ones didn't list him.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I used the internet archive to look back. The last archive he appears on is March. The June and May ones didn't list him.

He stopped being sponsored by gfuel in April. Went over to gamefuel by Mountain Dew in may, his logo is still there as a streaming partner.

His face is still their banner.

Oldbased

> Than U

What the fuck?
So he pissed off someone at the top somehow and that person bypassed all the control systems in place for a proper business and acted like a modern day teenager?

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Malakriss

Sounds like some twitch people won't be working there soon and a hell of a lawsuit coming.

• 1Picard

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
He might know the reason and does not want to disclose it. Twitch wont publicly discuss a ban, so if he stays quite it might never be known unless an insider leaks it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
He might know the reason and does not want to disclose it. Twitch wont publicly discuss a ban, so if he stays quite it might never be known unless an insider leaks it.
Doesn't matter. He may or may not know or has an idea but he just upped the bad PR on Twitch big time. The fact he took 30 hours to say something means he is under legal counsel so you can take his tweet as likely to be accurate. Twitch has failed to tell him why he was banned which makes Twitch look like a unstable teenager. Which is probably pretty damn accurate to begin with. Now other streamers are questioning the stability and futures as they depend on Twitch to survive as most of them outside of playing games and making memes have no skillsets or resume to fall back on. "He will not divide us" Oh hell yes he will. Twitch lost this round. Just hoping for a 15 round fight.

Malakriss

This isn't Blizzard banning a random sub and refusing to tell them why. Someone screwed up royally and at this point Amazon legal better know WTF is going on over at Twitch.